PDA

View Full Version : 900w Angle-grinders, £10 at Netto

UncleFista
2nd October 2008, 01:59 PM
Netto have a decent 900w 115mm angry-grinder on offer at the mo' for £15, but there's an extra third off until Sunday making 'em only a tenner.

IMHO you can't have too many, stick a grinding disk on one, a cutting disk on another etc. you don't need to keep changing types of disk then :)

NTDWM ;)

Chris Gibbs
3rd October 2008, 11:45 AM
I might go and buy a dozen of those, I kill a grinder every three weeks!

Even the really expensive ones only last about six weeks, Is it me?

Cheers

Chris :)

TSM Locost
3rd October 2008, 12:26 PM
Morning Chris.

We have always used 115mm Bosch with soft start 24/7 = 4 shifts and they last about 4 years. buy cheap ones with 3 year gnt and keep taking them back, as Tony suggests £15. - 33% made for a yorkie.

Cheers

Mike. :D :D :D

UncleFista
3rd October 2008, 07:21 PM
Nah, mine last years Chris, it's just you :)

Plasterdust and crap like that kill 'em in no time though. You using yours to cut plasterboard ? ;)

Chris Gibbs
3rd October 2008, 09:39 PM
I use mine for everything from knocking nails in to cutting my toe nails!

Cheers

les g
3rd October 2008, 10:17 PM
its a softy northern thing

AshG
3rd October 2008, 10:33 PM
i got a makita grinder about two years ago after being very impressed with one i borrowed when the dewalt died. cant kill it for want of trying :D so far i have had a bosch, dewalt, hitachi and none of them stood up to my abuse :D

P.S. i think it only cost about £40 which is well worth it for the abuse its taken. i recall a very damp winter day chopping out concrete/steel fence footings.

frankie boy
4th October 2008, 08:02 AM
Hi Chris
As you’re a man with plenty in your pockets I would suggest that you invest in a flex angle grinder/ polisher. Theses are by far the best. 1200watt with 6 speeds IV had mine for the last 10 years. Used it for cutting hundreds of meters of marble tiles, grant slabs, cutting channels into walls, polishing my van and cars, cutting all the joints on my chassis. There is only one set back with them they cost around £300.

Chris Gibbs
4th October 2008, 07:50 PM
I don't know why you think this struggling author is "a man with plenty in your pockets"!

My bank account's as red as a postbox with a period......

If I had loads of money I'd get someone else to use the grinder and I'd buy an Aston :D

Cheers

frankie boy
4th October 2008, 07:59 PM
HI
I will go a buy a new book as mine is looking a bit tatty.
Hope this helps?:D

Chris Gibbs
4th October 2008, 08:26 PM
Go and buy another 100,000 and I can retire!

Cheers

Chris :D

Username
5th October 2008, 01:39 AM
I´ve found that if I had like 2 or 3 cheap angle grinders at hand, and kept rotating them...say like every 20 min of constant work, change to another... they could last at least a year.
Otherwise they share the same destiny as yours Chris...some only lasted like couple hours of almost constant abuse.
The best grinder ive owned is a WURTH brand(dont know if it is sold here in uk), it has 8 years now...costed something like £180, the problem is a set of brushes costs a fortune :s

I say go FOR CHEAPOS!!! Just dont abuse it for more then 15/20 min at a time and you should have long lasting tool.

Regards
Dario

flyerncle
5th October 2008, 09:49 AM
When is the new book out Boss ?

fabbyglass
5th October 2008, 10:09 AM

The "new book" will have many a grown "kid" emptying the garage of "junk" to make way for this...:cool:

Mark

fabbyglass
5th October 2008, 10:56 AM
My experience of cheap grinders is they are cheap and vibrate too much also seem to be a lot heavier than a good quality one which makes for one handed use hard work...years of grinder abuse will destroy your shoulders...aint that right mini bloke?...:(

Mark

Chris Gibbs
5th October 2008, 11:27 AM

Hopefully June/July next year

Cheers

flyerncle
5th October 2008, 11:48 AM
Looking forward to it Chris,if it is as good and popular as this one and no doubt it will be you might just be able to retire with your Aston Martin (you wont be able to drive it because of fuel costs ) Good luck.
Suttle hints Fabby !
Signed copies for the members ?;)

Flyer