PDA

View Full Version : Definitive list of bits from the Sierra

Jezzer99
11th November 2008, 09:57 PM
Gents - I know Chris has a list in his book of the main bit required from the donor but does anyone have a definitive list of things required and things that might be useful from the donor?

AshG
11th November 2008, 10:38 PM
when i stripped mine i just removed absolutly everything and filled my little shed down the bottom of the garden from floor to roof! only thing i forgot about was the steering wheel so my colum now sports a nice set of molegrips on the end :D

spud69
12th November 2008, 08:17 AM
when i stripped mine i just removed absolutly everything and filled my little shed down the bottom of the garden from floor to roof! only thing i forgot about was the steering wheel so my colum now sports a nice set of molegrips on the end :D

Me too, but strangely enough i remembered the steering wheel but have now lost or forgotten to keep the 2 plastic shrouds to hide all the wires. Should anyone have a spare one or an alternative i would very much appreciate it..:)

Don't forget to keep every nut and bolt and connectors that you remove. Its always the one you cant find thats an awkward bugger to replace.

Andy

ozz
14th November 2008, 12:53 PM
Keep as much as you can you never know what you will find a use for.

So far I have used the washer bottle pipe as some edge trim on an ally panel and brake pipe protection where it was too close to chassis.

The drain tube that runs from the sun roof as wiring conduit and protection for hand brake cable.

This is nice thick black plastic tube and think it might find a use a SVA nut covers too.

The seat belts for lifting the engine (probably should not recommend it but that's what I did.)

Last but not least I used the threaded bar and wing nut which held the jack to fix a toilet seat (not on the car).