PDA

View Full Version : PC help again

SeriesLandy
23rd December 2012, 05:23 PM
Hi guys, I'm having PC problems again, I've just installed a 2tb sata Harddrive in place of an old 320gb one but its not showing up in my computer. However it is in device manager.
Have you lot any ideas? Cheers

Its the ST2000 one.
http://s9.postimage.org/usrcgjiov/Untitled.jpg

The V8 Files
23rd December 2012, 05:58 PM
Go to Start, right click on my computer and select manage, then in the console select disk management, you should hopefully see your drive listed and you'l probably have to right click on it and select initialise.

Hope it helps

SeriesLandy
23rd December 2012, 09:27 PM
Cheers mate, I'll give it a go tomorrow, I used to be good with IT, I'm rubbish now!

The V8 Files
23rd December 2012, 09:36 PM
Cheers mate, I'll give it a go tomorrow, I used to be good with IT, I'm rubbish now!

No probs:D one other thing that might need checking depending on the age of the mobo is the sata data rate supported, you might need to limit the drive by the jumpers.

Post up how you get on :)

SeriesLandy
23rd December 2012, 10:14 PM
The comp is either 2 or 3 years old. I'm putting the hard drive in my cctv dvr which is brand new but wouldn't show up on there either.

However the dead hard drive that I pulled out showed up.
Ill let you know how I get on.

twinturbo
24th December 2012, 10:15 AM
Do they show in the BIOS?

TT

The V8 Files
26th December 2012, 11:38 PM
did you get it sorted SL?

SeriesLandy
27th December 2012, 12:07 AM
Tt yes it shows in the bios

Not had a chance yet with all the Christmas family stuff ect.
Hopefully I'll get a chance tomorrow.

SeriesLandy
27th December 2012, 07:19 PM
Poped the HD in, did what you said it took 2 seconds and worked fine.

Pulled it back out, put it into the cctv recorder and it showed up straight away.

Thanks for the help I don't think I would have got it without. Damn Win7, XP was so easy

twinturbo
27th December 2012, 07:31 PM
XP probably would have done the same with an un-initialised disk.