PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors???

spud69
14th December 2008, 10:37 AM
I've read somewhere that SVA needs two methods of looking behind which need to be adjustable from the driving position, from that i assume that two wing mirrors wouldn't be adequate, unless you have a very long left arm. Yet Chris's car doesn't show a center mirror. Do you need one or not??

Thanks

frankie boy
14th December 2008, 11:14 AM
HI
At SVA there you need to be able to see all the marking behind you in your mirrors.
So if your side mirrors cover this you wouldn’t need central mirror. But I would take that chance. You could always remove it after.

Chris Gibbs
14th December 2008, 03:14 PM
The prototype had a central mirror for the SVA test, most of the pictures for the book were taken before the miror was fitted. You will need a central mirror, I'm having to fit one to my single seater even though you wont see anything but the driver in it!

Cheers

Chris :)

fabbyglass
14th December 2008, 06:00 PM
You are kidding right? That will look proper pants besides a complete waste of time and effort...:confused:

spud69
14th December 2008, 07:05 PM
Cheers,

I think i'll put a stick on a sticky one rather than having to drill the scuttle. I prefer the look without.

les g
14th December 2008, 09:16 PM
you will need a mirror for doing your hair after a drive lol
les g

Chris Gibbs
14th December 2008, 09:33 PM
You are kidding right? That will look proper pants besides a complete waste of time and effort...:confused:

No, I've spoken to the tester about it. He sugested sticking it on the dash.

It's because the regulations state the car "should be fitted with a central and offside mirror........."

Mad innit?

Cheers

fabbyglass
14th December 2008, 09:37 PM
No, I've spoken to the tester about it. He sugested sticking it on the dash.

It's because the regulations state the car "should be fitted with a central and offside mirror........."

Mad innit?

Cheers

Completely barking that is

Mark

3GE Components
14th December 2008, 09:47 PM
The prototype had a central mirror for the SVA test, most of the pictures for the book were taken before the miror was fitted. You will need a central mirror, I'm having to fit one to my single seater even though you wont see anything but the driver in it!

Cheers

At least you'll be able to put your lipstick on while on the move Chris ;)

Regards

John

Chris Gibbs
14th December 2008, 10:07 PM
That reminds me, what colour eyeshadow will I need to match the car?

(I'm going to get you at playtime)

Cheers

fabbyglass
14th December 2008, 10:58 PM
pink of course....:D