PDA

View Full Version : The oddest thing

Kiwi car
20th December 2008, 07:47 AM
Saw the oddest thing today a lotus 7 replica towing a boat the boat being bigger than the car. The thing I can't work out is which is the funnest (a) that it was towing a boat or (b) someone put a tow bar on there car in the first place :D
Merry Christmas to all from sunny NZ
Steve :)

fabbyglass
20th December 2008, 12:04 PM
It is indeed a weird sight, I saw a Robin Hood towing a caravan up at the Stoneleigh show earlier this year and quite how the fella could see was beyond me as didnt have wide mirrors and it was a huge great big "towed toilet" too....:eek:

bobbyh
20th December 2008, 04:34 PM
lol if the cravan got a woble on would pull the car off the road

Land Locked
5th January 2010, 09:37 PM
I somehow missed this thread.

I've seen a photo of a Seven used for racing towing a trailer with his slicks and tools on it. Sadly I don't recall where.

The boat or caravan do however seem a bit silly.

GraemeWebb
5th January 2010, 10:27 PM
We fitted a tow hitch to my brother Forumla Ford Ray once and towed 'father xmas' to a childrens party. It was on private land your honour!

dogwood
6th January 2010, 10:54 AM
I got a towing hitch on my Roadster.
It pulls a camping trailer no probs.
Not sure about a caravan or boat though.
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/muddypaws4x4/maypixjpeg080-1.jpg

David

HandyAndy
6th January 2010, 10:58 AM
i,m not sure if this is worthy to mention on this thread ......but

i was running my team of dogs on sunday, 6 dogs pulling the sled ( proper one like in movies) & me stood on the ski,s at the back, anyhow....was running parallel with a main road, hear a toot of a horn, looks to my right......

:eek: a police transit indicating for me to stop, mr police officer gets out of his van.....gulp thoughts running thru my head thinking "oh $hi? i,m in bother"...

:D he just wanted to tell me that it was great to see a team of dogs working so well, & was impressed at how controlled they were,
he petted the dogs, asked questions about how i train them etc......

and all the while the dogs were getting wound up cos they wanted to be off & running...

:)
there,s me thinking i was in bother:rolleyes:

cheers
andy

Tatey
6th January 2010, 11:15 AM
Andy do you feel like bringing your dog team up here? :D I'm waiting for loads of stuff for my roadster to arrive and we must have about 10" of snow here now, so the posties dont want to visit :eek:.

HandyAndy
6th January 2010, 11:22 AM
Andy do you feel like bringing your dog team up here? :D I'm waiting for loads of stuff for my roadster to arrive and we must have about 10" of snow here now, so the posties dont want to visit :eek:.

special delivery huh???:D

andy:)

shadowcaster
6th January 2010, 04:59 PM
Andy have you got any pics of the dogs doing their thing.:cool:

HandyAndy
6th January 2010, 05:02 PM
Andy have you got any pics of the dogs doing their thing.

yes, but at home on my desk top, i,m at saturn unit for the next few hours:eek: :rolleyes: :D

will post some pics hopefully later tonight:)

cheers
andy

dogwood
6th January 2010, 05:26 PM
There ya go...

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/muddypaws4x4/dogspullingsmilie.gif

flyerncle
6th January 2010, 06:27 PM
Trust you......

Nice pics out on the mountains Dave.

And me messing about with the real thing,she took the pics so no complaints.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30468413@N03/4236846688/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30468413@N03/4236069763/

HandyAndy
7th January 2010, 08:16 PM
here,s a pic of me & my dogs enjoying the snow :D

cheers
andy

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums//tt335/handyandy_photo/Haynes%20Roadster/DSCF0021.jpg

dogwood
7th January 2010, 08:42 PM
They look in their element there...:D

David

jasongray5
7th January 2010, 08:43 PM
That looks...amazing. Very very envious of that man!

HandyAndy
7th January 2010, 08:46 PM
thanks guys :) tho, that is only 5 of my dogs......got 8 of em :eek:

would you like another, its a close up pic showing that it is me in the funny hat :D

cheers
andy

Janne E
7th January 2010, 08:59 PM
It´s looks just wonderful, moore pics please:)

Janne

HandyAndy
7th January 2010, 09:01 PM
here,s 1 more pic....... this is the sort of speed i was doing when pulled by mr plod :D :o

cheers
andy:)

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums//tt335/handyandy_photo/Haynes%20Roadster/DSCF0029.jpg

AshG
7th January 2010, 09:35 PM
i want a go

Janne E
7th January 2010, 09:39 PM
Is it you in the red shirt?????? :D :D

HandyAndy
7th January 2010, 09:46 PM
Is it you in the red shirt?????? :D

Janne.

yes thats me, just after leaving the van setting off onto the trail... it was a 16 mile run, the dogs didn,t stop working the whole way, in fact i slowed them down a bit ( snow brake on the sled ) just so i could enjoy the scenery:)
i,ve had all of my dogs from since they were 8 weeks old, my 2 eldest are now 10yrs old...... & they are still in the team.

Ash...... if you lived closer & could get here.... then i,d take you out & let you have a go.....tho be warned.... the musher(driver) is attached to the sled so if you fall off you get dragged & the dogs just "dig deeper" to pull the dead weight :eek: :D

cheers
andy

Davey
7th January 2010, 10:38 PM
You're all mad, mad I tell Ya!!

Building Roadsters is all about enjoying SUMMER, you remember that week don't you, too hot to do anything other than dream of ripping up country lanes in your Roadster:D ? Then it rained, then it snowed and here we are:mad: .

D.

shadowcaster
8th January 2010, 07:04 AM
Andy great pictures mate, looks a lot of fun, the dogs look like they are really enjoying it:cool: . I think the way my Collie Pip's pulls, he's part Husky:D

HandyAndy
8th January 2010, 08:13 AM
Andy great pictures mate, looks a lot of fun, the dogs look like they are really enjoying it . I think the way my Collie Pip's pulls, he's part Husky

Rich... well there is "wolf" in all dogs ;)

yes, the dogs love it, as soon as i put the racing harnesses on them they go ballistic & just want to go :D
when the dogs are 3 to 4 months old i start training them by getting them to pull a tyre when out for "walkies", then add them into the team to do half a mile at first then gradually build up the distance.

in training, a 4 dog team will pull me 7 miles in approx 19 mins :eek: :D

glad you like the pics

cheers
andy

jasongray5
8th January 2010, 10:38 AM
Andy, Do you have a sled with wheels on for when it doesnt snow?

Also, there are some advantages of being a farmer

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/n728325459_2610970_9159.jpg

HandyAndy
8th January 2010, 10:47 AM
Hi Jas....

yes i have a contraption called a "Rig"

it is basically an adult tricycle without a seat, mine,s posh as it has front suspension & twin rear brakes, tho the dogs do take some stopping when they are really going for it :eek:
i have fallen off the rig but thankfully i was attached to the rig with a line so my dead weight being dragged did make the dogs stop......eventually :D

i,ve seen teams of dogs run for miles without the musher, the dogs just think "yeehaa the weight we,re pulling just got lighter, lets goooooo"

cheers
andy

jasongray5
8th January 2010, 11:27 AM
Ive always had images of the Musher getting up after a fall and chasing the sled for miles! Kind of ruined that for me didnt you Andy!:D
Seriously though, it looks like awsome crack! Would love to do it, but to be honest, a load of huskeys may not please the parents!

dogwood
8th January 2010, 12:18 PM
i want a go

Join the que....:D
Mind you he'll probably need all his dogs to pull me.
BTW Andy thats some bad hat you got on there:eek:
Great pics though

David

mark
8th January 2010, 12:48 PM
I want a go too! :D

Looks like your next venture is gonna be rides with your dogs £10 a go :D

HandyAndy
8th January 2010, 01:23 PM
I want a go too!

Looks like your next venture is gonna be rides with your dogs £10 a go :D

:eek: £10 per go....more like £10 per dog needed , sorry David....looks like you,ll need all of them :D

Jas,
sorry to ruin the image for you :p

its not like in the movies where you see them cracking whips or being harsh to the dogs, its all thru voice command.
The 2 dogs i run up front (lead dogs), 1 is the dog i speak to to go faster (pace setter) & the dog next to it is the steering, who i speak to when needing to make the team turn.
i taught the steering dog the commands in a tesco car park between all the parked cars with the correct phrase,s of "Gee" & "Haw".

cheers
andy

flyerncle
8th January 2010, 01:29 PM
There was a snowmobile in front of me and when he wanted us to stop he got off about a 100 yards in front of me and signalled me to brake and the dogs were still going flat out trying to catch the snowmobile.

Absolutely amazing even at -25 deg,and she who thinks she must be obeyed was shouting slow down. :rolleyes: (silly mare ).