PDA

View Full Version : fun day at work

minimad
27th January 2009, 10:38 PM
heard a beauty at work today, we have nearly finished our latest boat project a 105 foot aluminium super yacht valued at about 5 million squids and they just found out the superstructures roof is 75 mm too low,so the owner cant stand up straight in it, so we got to cut it off and redo it,so all the custom made windscreens are scrape as is all the furniture in there oops the bosses are not very happy with the drawing boys cos they knew about it all the time and kept it to themselves hoping no one would notice stupid or wot :D :D :D

fabbyglass
28th January 2009, 10:33 AM
That's priceless mate....cad pah! whats wrong with a pencil and slide rule

Name and shame come on dares yer..:D

Bonzo
28th January 2009, 10:37 AM
Get them to lower the floor by 75mm :D

When I worked in the dockyard, my little bro had a tape measure that was 75mm too short.

Someone thought it would be funny to press the treadle on the guillotine whilst he was measuring the backstop !!??. Being a tight ass he just riveted the end back on ( Minus the 75mm ) :D

He had a habit of lending it to people.

I remember one time, one of the guys asked if he could use his tape to measure a piece of deck plate. he scribbled the measurements on a scrap of paper, gave the tape back and went back into the yard to cut out a pice of plate.

After lunch over came the crane wih this piece of plate. it was lowered into place, the look on the guys face was a classic. " How the hell has that happend " was the cry

He the asked my brother for another loan of his tape. He re-measured the hole in the deck, looked at his scrap of paper. "It's definately right, I dont understand " :confused:

He got the shipwrights out to make a pattern. He never did find out the truth.:rolleyes:

shadowcaster
28th January 2009, 10:39 AM
:eek: Lack of communication me thinks:confused:

fabbyglass
28th January 2009, 10:49 AM
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians....:D

Years ago while working on some fancy arse project we realised the drawing was all to cock so go and see said cad jockey to point out that it doesn't work out...he insists that it does because the computer says it does...so to teach the cock a lesson we carried on only to find the job was totally wrong....who got the blame?....We did because the sly git changed it and never said anything.
Moral of the story is to make it regardless because cad never tells lies....yeah righty!

Chris Gibbs
28th January 2009, 01:26 PM
It'd probably be cheaper to pay for the guy to have his legs shortened :D :D

Cheers

Chris :)

minimad
29th January 2009, 06:59 PM
It'd probably be cheaper to pay for the guy to have his legs shortened :D :D

Cheers

Chris :)
i did say that to the boss yesterday he told me to f**k off charming :eek:
anyway i think the large tin opener is arriving next week typical PSY cant get anything right

les g
29th January 2009, 09:31 PM
he he !!!!!
i know how you feel
i was on a site not long back and the groundworker foreman was pulling up the markers to a house and knocking em in 5 foot to the left
so i asked wtf he was doing !!!!!!!
his reply was how am i goin to get that machine around the plot (when you,ve fixed it) to dig the soakaways etc etc when the machine is bigger than the gap it has to go through
our site engineer is a donut he,s always doin things like this !!!!!!!!!!
we often move clients houses arond the plot a bit to make like easier or cover up there mixtakes!!!!!!!!
i wish he hadn,t told me really i thought it was an exact science setting out a house :(
cheers les g

minimad
6th February 2009, 10:54 PM
large tin opener came today boat now has no roof on superstructure looks weird never mind psy designing at its best got to laugh aint ya :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: