PDA

View Full Version : Be careful who you help......

Chris Gibbs
31st January 2009, 11:47 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4360411/Good-samaritan-has-roof-cut-off-car-after-giving-refuge-to-injured-driver.html

Cheers

Chris :)

Bonzo
31st January 2009, 01:18 PM
OMG :eek: :eek:

What a crazy, messed up, health & saftey obsessed society we live in today. :(

shadowcaster
31st January 2009, 03:55 PM
Unbelivable, Although you can't blame the crew for doing what they did, had the chap had an injury then they would have been on a sticky wicket. What I find most annoying is the attutde of the insurence co, as a gesture of good will they should have paid out the full cost and thanked the guy for helping their client. I bet he will now think twice about helping anyone.

les g
31st January 2009, 05:48 PM
What a crazy, messed up, health & saftey obsessed society we live in today. :(

oh yes you had better believe it RONNIE !!
our firm is currently being sued because !!!!!!!!!!!!! wait for it !!!!!!!!!!
one of our guys pulled over to help a motorist put out an under bonnet fire
on his burning car !!!!!!!!!!! apparently.............. it is claimed he used the wrong type of extinguisher and its alledged this caused damage
our boss is beside himself over the costs ,our guy wants the blokes address so he can go round his place and ...................
so please be warned eh!!!!!!!!
cheers les g
( my thoughts )
he should of let the *****r burn :mad: :mad: :mad:

AshG
31st January 2009, 06:22 PM
i would have got back in my car and drove off then kicked the buggar out down the road.

as for the fire one he should have pissed on it lol.

Bonzo
31st January 2009, 07:02 PM
Our parents would turn in their graves.
After a lifetime of teaching us to help others in need, it would now seem that this is not the wisest of things to do in this day & age. :confused: :confused:

Hey Les. Were there any independant witnesses to those events ?.

If not, then perhaps it was possible that the driver himself asked for the loan of an extinguisher and put the fire out himself. After all, your driver did advise him at the time that it was not really the right type of extinguisher to use. ;)

Have your bosses asked for several thousand pounds from the drivers insurers. After all, because your driver had used his extinguisher, he was unable to put out a heavy plant fire. ;)

jasongray5
31st January 2009, 07:19 PM
A friend of mine gave a chap who had got his car stuck in a ditch a pull out, and in thanks the bloke nicked my friends sat nav...
GRRRRRR...:mad:

flyerncle
1st February 2009, 10:37 AM
Makes you think twice about helping anybody and if you do you get dumped on.
Any driver 17 to 21 should not be allowed any vehicle over 1000 cc insurance would lower and we would not be plagued with stripey jumpered cretins littering the highways with trashed cars. ( Did I really type that )....

Reson for rant,witnessed said 17 year old cretin driving BMW only passed test 2 months write off two cars and hit another.

Enough said?

Josh
3rd February 2009, 10:16 PM
Fair point, but a little un-fair maybe? I'm 18, and yes there are a lot of simply awful young drivers on the road but we're not all bad!

Having said that I drive a 980cc 1990 Metro, does an amazing 0-60 in 18 seconds! Should probably get the roadster finished...

Josh

HandyAndy
3rd February 2009, 10:39 PM
i think all car drivers should learn how to ride a motorcycle, so that they become more aware of bikes on the road, the usual excuse of "sorry mate didn,t see you" would be less used. & hopefully reduce the amount of "car driver at fault in a bike/car accident".
andy

dogwood
4th February 2009, 08:39 AM
Hi Andy
Would agree with you on that..

Being an exbiker (If there is such a thing as an ex)
Had a serious accident when a prat on a mobile phone did a U turn right in front of me.
Yup said " Sorry mate didn't see you"
Didn't help me much with my leg up round my earole....:mad:

In France, where I live now they are a lot more aware of bikes.
Because just about everyone starts off on a moped.

You'll find most French drivers will pull over to give the bike more room.
In the UK they are just as lightly to try to run you off the road.....

Speaking from nearly 40 years biking experience.

David

HandyAndy
4th February 2009, 08:50 AM
smiles, i think once a biker always a biker,
glad you were ok after the mobile phone idiot driver,
i also think people who ride a bike & also drive a car make better drivers in lots of ways,
more alert,
judge distances better
judge road surface condition more closely etc etc.
i,ve been a biker since 16yrs old, ( i,m 45 now) worked my way up from small bikes to large bikes, took car test two weeks after passing bike test when was 17.
thankfully never had a major accident on the road whilst riding, tho had a few on race circuits:D :eek: i used to race for a team.

happy motoring.
andy

dogwood
4th February 2009, 09:25 AM
smiles, i think once a biker always a biker,
glad you were ok after the mobile phone idiot driver,

happy motoring.
andy

Exactly.... never stop being a biker..:D
Just cant ride much nowdays.

After the accident I was left with perminant pins and plates holding my knee together, and spinal injuries. Registered disabled.
Thats why I built my 7
Like riding my bike, but I don't fall over at the traffic lights :D
And I got a BLUE card, so I don't pay for parking...:p

David

HandyAndy
4th February 2009, 09:37 AM
ouch, sorry didn,t realise your accident was such a serious one, :mad:
smiles, i remember taking the bike test...... ride around a housing estate & made to do emergency stop right on top of a bus stop?????:eek: diesel soaked it was, i stayed upright & tester said to me afterwards " if you can stay in control of the bike sliding on diesel then you can obviously ride well enough, you,ve passed young man"
tho the happy feeling was soon crushed as i got pulled in by police five mins after leaving test center, was rushing ( speeding) home to collect spare helmet to go & pick the girlfriend up:o
copper couldn,t believe i,d passed my test minutes earlier, it was a new bike so all safe etc, i,d ripped the L plates off at test ctr, he gave me a grilling but let me off
girlfriend wouldn,t go on the back of bike till next day:mad:

andy

fabbyglass
4th February 2009, 10:48 AM
Totally agree with both of you...:D

flyerncle
4th February 2009, 07:29 PM
Josh no offence but I see the cretins everyday and had some tosser tonight try to overtake me on the right side when I was indicating right to turn into the garage at work,the little r sole said "you were indicating left " sharp dissapeared when I opened his door.
I also agree with the bike suggestion and a little jaunt in a large vehicle ie artic would certainly give them a little different view and maybe things would be different.
Further to the prevous rant,said 17 year old cretin cannot grip the idea that he is going to get banned for two years. the drivers side inner wing is crumpled to the door post and he said he was doing 30 mph (my ar5e)

Life in the fast lane.....