PDA

View Full Version : XR failed MOT!!!!

fabbyglass
18th February 2009, 11:16 AM
Bum......but then for a 19 yr old car it's not 3 bad I need a new steering rack so Bonzo me old mucker have you still got the rack of that car?

fabbyglass
18th February 2009, 11:34 AM
Just can't bring myself to break it as got classic insurance because of daft XR badge oh and it's a giggle to drive....what it wants is some nice XR 4 alloys so anyone fancy a spot of bartering....:) ?

Bonzo
18th February 2009, 11:50 AM
Your going to be gutted Mark

The Rack went up to Johnnie Awkwards yesterday with the rest of the shell. :eek: :eek:

I was up at Macsalvages yard a few weeks ago. He had a 2 Litre GLSi in the yard.
I have no idea if the rack is still in it. :confused:

There may be a remote possibilty that Orchards have not burried the rack up yet !!?
I sent it up complete with the pump & fluid bottle. It did need new boots though.

If you are not familiar with Macsalvage. They operate from Malcom Drews Yard at United Downs.

Do you know the nature of the problem with your Rack. Some parts are serviceable if you know what you are doing. ;)

Bonzo
18th February 2009, 11:54 AM
Just can't bring myself to break it as got classic insurance because of daft XR badge oh and it's a giggle to drive....what it wants is some nice XR 4 alloys so anyone fancy a spot of bartering....:) ?

I have got a set of Ford Pepperpot alloys looking for a good home. ;) ;)

I belive they were fitted as standard to many XR4i Sierras :)

fabbyglass
18th February 2009, 12:06 PM
Not to worry Ronnie i guessed it would have gone by now. It's got some play in it but too me the car feels like it's the TCA bushes but can't argue with the bloke...new one on order now £90 + Vat....kin 'ell....

Trade a nosecone for wheels?..;)

Bonzo
18th February 2009, 12:28 PM
Not to worry Ronnie i guessed it would have gone by now. It's got some play in it but too me the car feels like it's the TCA bushes but can't argue with the bloke...new one on order now £90 + Vat....kin 'ell....

I'll give them a wash & bring them up for you to have a gander. ;)
Decent nick in view of their age.

I have the nuts to go with them somewhere in the workshop. :)

les g
18th February 2009, 08:46 PM

Fabby
for f...s sake i wish you would clean the dust out of your lugholes or develope some sort of retention to your mind ( is it old age or malt whisky )
Question ?
who do you know in cornwall thats got a rack for a sierra sitting in his shed
Answer ! ::o :) :D

free to you mucker better cancel that ordew P.D.Q.
cheers les g

fabbyglass
18th February 2009, 08:55 PM
argh.....well I told you i was ****....is it a power steering jobbie?

Thing is the wheel judders under braking so too me thats either brakes(but ok and stops in straight line etc) or TCA's yet MOT knobber says NOPE it's the rack....so where do I stand as i have the feeling it will still be there even after changing the rack.

les g
18th February 2009, 09:05 PM
argh.....well I told you i was ****....is it a power steering jobbie?

Thing is the wheel judders under braking so too me thats either brakes(but ok and stops in straight line etc) or TCA's yet MOT knobber says NOPE it's the rack....so where do I stand as i have the feeling it will still be there even after changing the rack.

I agree mate
sierras were notorious for TCA bush,s (compliance bush,s )
normally really easy to see if they are though
perhaps worn equally both sides ????????

knowing you you have been too busy to jack it up and have a look
its all getting old underneath now dont forget

anyway yep oldtimer its a power steering one
cheers les g
will get it too you for the weekend

fabbyglass
18th February 2009, 09:13 PM
MOT runs out Sunday because like a twit I left it to the last minute, almost ran out of fuel tonite too as forgot to put fuel in it..., coughed and splutter up the road and just made it to the garage....deary me I should get a life.:o