PDA

View Full Version : Indicator buzzer

Chris Gibbs
9th March 2007, 05:35 PM
Hi,

Leaving your indicator on is a real worry in an open car such as the Haynes Roadster, road and wind noise mean that you can’t hear the flasher unit. Here’s a simple circuit that gives you an audible warning a bit louder than the “tick tick” of the flasher unit.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/chrisg222/indbuzz.jpg

The parts are available from Maplins

Piezo buzzer – part number FL40T

Diodes – part number QL73Q

No doubt electrical types will be able to come up with a better circuit, maybe incorporating a timer or some way of stopping the buzzer when the hazards are on? I could see that being very annoying!

Cheers

Chris :)

scudracer
12th May 2007, 11:46 PM
Those cars-with-that-number have a piezo buzzer or something when the signals are on. Had a ride in one a couple of days ago ... I'm hooked!!

axle
22nd February 2014, 04:17 PM
Has any ones else fitted this, I have followed this wiring diagram it works fine when the engine is off, but when the engine is running you hear a faint noise of the buzzer.

What is wrong I am tempted to disconect it!

:o

Hi,

Leaving your indicator on is a real worry in an open car such as the Haynes Roadster, road and wind noise mean that you can’t hear the flasher unit. Here’s a simple circuit that gives you an audible warning a bit louder than the “tick tick” of the flasher unit.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/chrisg222/indbuzz.jpg

The parts are available from Maplins

Piezo buzzer – part number FL40T

Diodes – part number QL73Q

No doubt electrical types will be able to come up with a better circuit, maybe incorporating a timer or some way of stopping the buzzer when the hazards are on? I could see that being very annoying!

Cheers

Chris :)

baz-r
22nd February 2014, 07:39 PM
im thinking back feeding off of somthing

ayjay
22nd February 2014, 08:49 PM
Good idea - a buzzer
I have a relay thingy never fitted when I fitted a towbar.How would I wire it?

baz-r
22nd February 2014, 09:11 PM
Good idea - a buzzer
I have a relay thingy never fitted when I fitted a towbar.How would I wire it?

im pritty sure it works on load so not much good unless you have a trailer unless your able splice it in some how?

Not Anumber
4th March 2014, 01:15 PM
For what little piezo buzzers cost it would be practical to have oine for each side.