PDA

View Full Version : donor receipt

HandyAndy
1st April 2009, 09:42 AM
Hi "ole wise one,s"
:D
do i need a receipt from the owner of the donor?

i,m buying my donor from a fellow forum member on LCB who is only acting as a contact,
its all legit, its just that i won,t meet the current owner, i,ll receive the log book etc but do i need a receipt from the registered owner?
cheers
andy

MightyMouth
1st April 2009, 10:49 AM
Wouldn't hurt, I got one for mine.

spud69
1st April 2009, 05:33 PM
Doesn't hurt Andy, got one for mine but didn't need it with the DVLA, as long as you get the log book transferred into your name. Stockton DVLA seem to be one of the better ones..

snapper
1st April 2009, 09:39 PM
You only need the V5 in your name for SVA/IVA
You must make sure you have the correct parts of the old V5 signed and dated or you will get any fines, tickets, outstanding tax etc.
Declair it SORN in your name as soon as you can.
Yes a reciept would be handy

jasongray5
1st April 2009, 09:55 PM
sorry to highjack topic, but
as im going bike engined, will I need my sierra V5? im going for a Q plate?

HandyAndy
1st April 2009, 09:59 PM
cheers for your comments,
the reason i asked such a basic question was whether i would need to prove the date i purchased my donor to the iva within my builder folder etc like my receipts for steel for chassis etc.
yes i,ll be putting the V5 into my name asap & will use the car till end of april as it has tax & test till then, and then i,ll sorn it,
i,ve also booked the car in with my local friendly mot station( where my current vehicle is tested for last 3 years) for an emissions test (£10) just to give me an idea of state of the engine prior to stripping out of the donor.
cheers
andy

MightyMouth
2nd April 2009, 09:38 AM
sorry to highjack topic, but
as im going bike engined, will I need my sierra V5? im going for a Q plate?

If you have a V5 and are using a Donor you may be able to still get an age related plate even using a bike engine, You need 2 major components from the donor. If you use any 2 of the following you could get an age related registration.

Chassis/Body Shell
Axles
Transmission
Steering Assembly
Engine
Suspension (front and back)

So in your case you could use the axles and steering though that would mean using the sierra steering rack but it might be worth the extra effort.

jasongray5
3rd April 2009, 12:17 AM
Cheers mightymouth!
although I'm quite happy with the old q plate anywho!

HandyAndy
17th April 2009, 10:08 PM
:D :D big smiles...
collecting my donor on sunday, had a laugh this afternoon, phoned my insurance company up to put temp cover on the donor, they asked me all the usual questions, reg/engine size etc, they then said yep no prob they have the chassis vin details from a database, i said oh whilst you,ve got that database up please tell me what colour it is, the guy couldn,t believe i didn,t know the colour of a car i,m buying, :D he also told me its an LX model (whats the difference of spec?), sorry i know its a boring post but it feels like another chapter of my build.
cheers
andy

fabbyglass
17th April 2009, 11:00 PM
LX means it's more to insure...just another con where manufacturers add an ashtray or something daft.

HandyAndy
17th April 2009, 11:04 PM
LX means it's more to insure...just another con where manufacturers add an ashtray or something daft.
yeah its probably got leccy windows that don,t work :D
its an estate so if anyone wants the roof i,ll cut it out as it might be long enough to be useful in the locost sense.:)

andy

fabbyglass
17th April 2009, 11:19 PM
Something like that..:)

flyerncle
18th April 2009, 10:40 AM
You could use the roof panels for the floor. Recycle ! and nocost

HandyAndy
18th April 2009, 10:44 AM
good idea, didn,t think of that, tho would it be strong enough? i don,t intend flooring in the prop shaft area so i imagine there would be enough metal, its cheap like me but as it,ll never be seen then worth thinking about. plus do my bit for the enviroment :D
cheers
andy.
Paul you have a PM

HandyAndy
19th April 2009, 10:47 PM
:D wahey i,ve got my donor, just arrived home after driving it back 212 miles, ran great, really pleased with it, its the perfect donor, drives like a dream but bodywork is shot, collected it from a LCB member & had almost half tank of fuel, haynes manual, brand new fire extingsher then on way home picked up a set of alloys with practically brand new tyres,
so car was £150 with tax/test & fuel, manual etc
alloys with new tyres were £10
what a great day i,ve had.
apart from 6 hours on 2 coaches.
still, its been worth it,
i,m well happy.:D :D

cheers
andy

Bonzo
20th April 2009, 10:16 AM
Great news Andy. :)

Personally, I think the 1.8 CVH Sierra estate was a decent car in its day. I found it very comfortable to drive. The CVH engine, if well maintained was a very willing lump. ;)

At least you have the advantage of a decent journey under your belt & now know all is well.

A good stripping session ahead.

Don't forget to slacken the rear hub nuts when you have finished playing with the donor. :D :D

HandyAndy
20th April 2009, 12:50 PM
:D ;) yep i,ll make sure they,ll be the first nuts to be undone,
had a look thru all the paperwork that came with the car, its a genuine 90k miles with full stamped service history & had cam belts changed every 20k & it drove really nice so gives confidence about the engine, tho i will be putting a new clutch in whilst its out of the car.
so its seems to be a bargain.
cheers
andy

flyerncle
20th April 2009, 06:14 PM
Dont share the Donna ! Keep the kebab to your self (it was a joke about the roof panel)

HandyAndy
20th April 2009, 07:48 PM
:o but in the true locost fashion it is feasible, :D
andy

flyerncle
20th April 2009, 10:16 PM
Donna or roof panel ?

HandyAndy
24th April 2009, 11:34 PM
my donor makes its final journey as a sierra in the morning, hopefully by end of saturday afternoon it,ll be a pile of bits. :D
andy

Bonzo
25th April 2009, 08:04 PM
Hows the stripping going Andy :D :D

HandyAndy
25th April 2009, 08:35 PM
Hi Ronnie,
just posted a thread with regard the strip down,
its titled " a great big thankyou",
what a day :D
cheers
andy