PDA

View Full Version : IVA run through - Complete Kit Car Magazine

davidimurray
15th April 2009, 08:54 PM
While out and about today I noticed the latest issue of Complete Kit Car in the newsagent. One of the features is a run through of the IVA process which makes for interesting reading.

Some interestings things I've picked up are -

Chassis number must be on the RHS

Brake fluid reservoir must be labelled with type of fluid

All controls must be labelled - including the indicator stalks

Centre rear view mirror must be permanent - no stick on ones!

Changes to the way cockpit protrusions are measured

Cars will need either a steering lock, or profesionally fitted immobiliser

All outboard seats must have headrests

New method of assesing wheelarch coverage which looks like it will affect us

Filler cap must either be operated by the ignition key or tethered to the car

Changes to lighting requirements

Twin master cylinder brake setups must have the balance bar WELDED up to prevent future adjustment

Noise test dropped to 99db.

The article is not a full in depth look at the IVA, but makes interesting reading.

Cheers

Dave

fabbyglass
16th April 2009, 03:11 PM
Outboard seats.?????? ummmm interesting thought...200hp outboard with a seat and yeeeeeeehaaaaaaa no need for a boat:D :D :D :D

davidimurray
16th April 2009, 03:39 PM
Hmm - a 4 seater roadster - 2 inside - 2 outside!

Mark - will your arches fit the new IVA, I'm guessing your seats will be fine, apart from the low back which I guess will need a head rest.

Cheers

Dave

flyerncle
16th April 2009, 05:16 PM
Tablets Mark needs.....

fabbyglass
17th April 2009, 10:49 PM
Yes wings are ok for IVA bods but some donor bits won't be..:eek:

HandyAndy
17th April 2009, 10:54 PM
Yes wings are ok for IVA bods but some donor bits won't be..:eek:

which donor bits?:confused:

andy

fabbyglass
17th April 2009, 10:57 PM
Well IVA will test from behind the front wheels as well as in front unlike SVA so calipers for one..!

fabbyglass
17th April 2009, 10:58 PM
The car also has to be in telemagenta or won't stand a chance of passing...:p

HandyAndy
17th April 2009, 11:00 PM
oh dear??? i suppose its in case i reverse over someone :rolleyes: no doubt we,ll find a way around the new regs to satisfy them.

andy

fabbyglass
17th April 2009, 11:02 PM
Rules are made to be broken and some are just potty like those in the IVA test but mainly it's a good thing as keeps things to a standard.

HandyAndy
17th April 2009, 11:08 PM
Rules are made to be broken and some are just potty like those in the IVA test but mainly it's a good thing as keeps things to a standard.
yeah i accept that but maybe they need to set the standard & stick to it, i read on the other side (lcb) that there are still amendments to the new IVA regs being issued, basically my point is .. how can we build a car when the goalposts keep moving????:mad:

andy

fabbyglass
17th April 2009, 11:16 PM
Beats me as it may affect the parts I make yet !!:mad:

davidimurray
17th April 2009, 11:22 PM
I do wonder how much at present is down to speculation and interpretation - a bit like Formula 1 !lol

Fabby, I see nothing specific in the rules about the reverse sphere test - where does this come in?

Cheers

Dave

fabbyglass
17th April 2009, 11:27 PM
Dicky bird and a whisper this fine sunny day

fabbyglass
17th April 2009, 11:30 PM
Nothing that can't be overcome but more to aggrevate the builder than anything else and more to the point i think it's just so those that are doing it feel a wee bit of power

flyerncle
18th April 2009, 10:33 AM
Thats why we are taxed to death and crapped on at every oppertunity,to give goverment departments a reason for being !

Sam
23rd July 2009, 10:17 AM
Chassis number must be on RHS - 'Right Hand Side' or 'Rectangular Hollow Section'. If its section I'm buggered, Ive used ERW !!!! ;-)

Bonzo
23rd July 2009, 11:14 AM
I think you'll find it means the right hand side ;)

Usually stamped on the engine bay cross brace above the steering shaft. ( TR5 )

Panic over :) :D

axle
1st October 2009, 03:17 PM
Thats why we are taxed to death and crapped on at every oppertunity,to give goverment departments a reason for being !

That is right like i have said previously what a fine way of taxing our healthy hobbay, If we were drunk and well out of order and putting pressure on the police , ambulance & hospital services no one would say ouch!!!!!