PDA

View Full Version : Important Speed Camera Information

shadowcaster
16th April 2009, 10:11 AM
Just found this on another forum and it's quite worrying.
Following the UK Government's freedom of information act, you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1 mph over the set limit, it is registered onto a database? You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or (this is the bit I didn't know), if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.
This is why you hear of people being done at 34 mph in a 30 mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address
http://www.i-database.co.uk

Just enter you Reg no and see if you have been caught speeding and view the picture

AshG
16th April 2009, 10:23 AM
that joke has been going round for ages lol.

bobbyh
16th April 2009, 11:49 AM
Lol never seen that one b4 its well funny told me my car that has been written off for a yr can still speed lol

Tilly819
16th April 2009, 12:12 PM
dam u got me, i was sure i wasnt in cornwall on the 10th off this month enen had to check a map to make sure portsmouth wasnt in cornwall since i was comeing back from the IOW about that time lol
nice trick
Tilly

Bonzo
16th April 2009, 08:27 PM
Bloody spooky that :eek:

It told me that I was doing 73.8 mph in a 60 zone, 10th April. A30 Fraddon, Cornwall.

I was in that location on that day. I know it's a wind up though. I was going a lot quicker than that. :D :D :o

fabbyglass
16th April 2009, 10:11 PM
I like that, not seen it before but then I don't get out much..so how the heck I got zapped doing 43 in a 30 in Newquay is beyond me.....:D :D