PDA

View Full Version : Donor Car

Night Rider
3rd May 2009, 07:14 PM
Hi to all,

I am planning to start building the car this summer. I was wondering if anyone know's if a Morris Marina 1300, will be a good donor car for this project as I have one sitting in my garage.

night rider

les g
4th May 2009, 01:39 PM
Hi to all,

I am planning to start building the car this summer. I was wondering if anyone know's if a Morris Marina 1300, will be a good donor car for this project as I have one sitting in my garage.

night rider

you might be better off thinking about a locost really the haynes roadster is predominently sierra based
to get the most out your donor then a locost might be better as it uses a live rear axle the haynes has independant rear suspension
cheers les g

fabbyglass
4th May 2009, 01:49 PM
I would say the Locost would be a better bet for the Marina.

les g
4th May 2009, 03:52 PM
AH.............
great minds think alike
lol les g

flyerncle
4th May 2009, 06:49 PM
I hate to pee on the bonfire,but from what I remember of Marinas if it is in good nick it would make more sense to sell it and get a Sierra or buy the parts you need.

Just very old technology if you can call it that.

les g
4th May 2009, 11:19 PM
I hate to pee on the bonfire,but from what I remember of Marinas if it is in good nick it would make more sense to sell it and get a Sierra or buy the parts you need.

Just very old technology if you can call it that.

oh !!!! come on i had an ital van.....
it was really quite sweet
would go through sva/iva easy
i bet with the help of a vizard tuning book and and twin su,s that little motor would be quite fun
have a look on locostbuilders and see what else has been done
but i agree that if you want a porsche beating snorter.........i would start with a 2l /1.8L motor
i would really think hard as where you want to be at the end of the build
as this really is the crux of a build
cheers les g

Night Rider
8th May 2009, 09:47 AM
thanks for your replays. I will try to find a sierra as a donor car which I think is better

Mark

flyerncle
8th May 2009, 04:52 PM
Change of heart after reading your post Les,it probably would be fairly decent after spending a few quid tuning it 12G295 head, twin su's, lcb, cam etc but it is old hat no matter which way you dress it up. I have a 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 4 Door saloon that is 100 % original even on its original brake pipes so I can understand wanting to hang on to it.