PDA

View Full Version : Wiring loom on a Sierra

Jezzer99
5th May 2009, 12:08 PM
I'm stripping my Sierra and have got to the point where I've taken out the whole of the dashboard so know where the loom goes through the front of the car.

What I want to know is where does it run through the middle and rear of the car so that I have to dismantle as little as possible to get it out.

Coozer
5th May 2009, 12:14 PM
Runs down both sills and a little bit down the middle. Easiest is to remove the seats and carpets then you can use the loom without butchering it too much.

I hung mine up on the wall schematically and using the manual removed all the non essential wires, learning all about the circuits in the meantime.

Steve

deezee
5th May 2009, 12:38 PM
You'll also find the aerial runs along the driver side roof. Also the interior light runs up the passenger A-pillar. If you want the loom, you'll have the gut the car. You'll need to strip out the carpets, seats, insulation, head lining, boot, lights, engine, gearbox, dash, instruments, steering column, centre console, windscreen trim etc etc...

I took my loom out, complete with the fuse box. Marked up all the cable and plugs.

Jezzer99
5th May 2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks guys... I had a nasty feeling that a total interior strip would be the best way to do things but justed wanted to check whether I could get away with a limited internal stripout.