PDA

View Full Version : Great got the garage to myself !

les g
11th May 2009, 12:49 PM
Fatty is away for the week so I have the garage to myself this week to play in the garage and mess about with the motorbike. I may finish trimming his wings up for him.

cheers TJ

fabbyglass
11th May 2009, 02:59 PM
Naaa do the bike mate let the old fella do the car....:D

3GE Components
11th May 2009, 04:04 PM
Fatty is away for the week
cheers TJ

Hey TJ, good job your old man is computer illiterate :D

Regards

John

les g
11th May 2009, 05:42 PM
The bike is finished now mark, hopefully booking cbt for saturday but need to get mother to do it as 1st class close at 4pm and i dont get home untill about quarter past :( If it all goes to plan then i should be on the road next week. All that is left to do is cbt, insurance, jacket and helmet / goggles, Anybody have any idea where to get cheap motorcycle stuff ?

Chhers TJ

fabbyglass
11th May 2009, 06:40 PM
Go to a bike shop for kit, try it on and if the shop is any good they should be able to show you how the helmet is supposed to fit...and don't buy cheap junk as it won't save you...your pop is loaded so get him to buy you an Arai ;)

londonsean69
11th May 2009, 06:55 PM
I used to get bike gear from J&S accesories. They usually have a few deals on clearance stuff, eg. buy a lid, get gloves free etc.

When I was 'assisted' off me ZX7R I actually managed to crack the shell of an ACU gold helmet. You could see the padding inside. If I wasn't wearing that, the people scooping me off the road would have been seeing the insides of my head.

Whilst helmets obviously have to meet certain standards, the more you spend, the better they are (generally). They will be quieter, have adjustable padding for a better fit, quick release visor etc.

When you find a lid you like, stick it on, then walk around the shop for a good few minutes. This way, you will get a feel for the fit and the balance, because, as soon as you take it out of the shop you cannot exhange it. A decent bike shop will fully understand. Although it it better to get one that is 'slightly' too tight, as the padding will give a little bit once it's been on your swede for a bit.

Sean

les g
16th May 2009, 03:11 PM
Fatty is away for the week so I have the garage to myself this week to play in the garage and mess about with the motorbike. I may finish trimming his wings up for him.

cheers TJ

H,MM
i get the message guys
i arrive home from Italy to find i have been much maligned in my absence
i,m so hurt ..........
i,ve got feelings you know!!!!!!!!!!!
good news is i suppose i wont have to shell out 100 quid for a CBT test :D
oh and that was probably TJ.s last ever post ( if i can catch the little rat ) :mad:
cheers les g
oh and Fabby i,ve just given your duty free away :D

HandyAndy
16th May 2009, 03:27 PM
welcome home Les, hope you had a good trip, ;)

andy

Bonzo
16th May 2009, 03:48 PM
Welcome back Les

I hope you made the most out of your trip :)

You notice I didn't join in the affray ;)

Oh & thanks for all of that duty free :D :D

fabbyglass
16th May 2009, 08:30 PM
Ummm those white side panels may well have to be tinted a tad, a drop of red in there should do the trick...:rolleyes:

Bonzo
16th May 2009, 08:34 PM
Ummm those white side panels may well have to be tinted a tad, a drop of red in there should do the trick...:rolleyes:

At least it's not Pink :D :D

Hang on a moment. !!!??? White & Red :eek:

Spikehaus
16th May 2009, 09:21 PM
Hi TG,

If i spoke about my old man like that my build would weighed in! LOL, I hope your dad's as understanding as mine! Another member once said i start a job and nag my dad like "xxxx" til he helps me! or somat along those lines.

Don't forget where to turn when u need help! Good luck with the test

fabbyglass
16th May 2009, 09:40 PM
Must be all that polution up around Plymouth.......:)

Spikehaus
16th May 2009, 10:15 PM
We are plankton feeders here Plymouth!!!!. All that Nuclear crap we dumped into the dock in the hope nobody notices must have long term effects on the mind!?