PDA

View Full Version : granada cosworth gearbox

degmwilliams
26th May 2009, 10:20 PM
does anyone know what gearbox i should use for the boa 2.9v6 engine? Is it the mt75 or the type 9? Also does just the gearboxes off the 2.8 2.9 sierra fit or are there any others thanks?

Spikehaus
26th May 2009, 10:39 PM
I think its the type 9 close ratio box with the longer input shaft. What year was your car? I think it was type 9 up to 1996. If so its a great box. Same as the Capri 280! I converted the Cologne V6 4x4. All Ford bellhousing are interchangable, but the 2.8 & 2.9 Cosworth differ

I have a close ratio gearbox that just needs a 2 wd tailhouse if anyone is interesred?

does anyone know what gearbox i should use for the boa 2.9v6 engine? Is it the mt75 or the type 9? Also does just the gearboxes off the 2.8 2.9 sierra fit or are there any others thanks?

degmwilliams
26th May 2009, 10:47 PM
Its a granada cosworth on a j reg, so which is the type 9 with the longer shaft if thats what i need

les g
26th May 2009, 10:47 PM

look on ebay for the sierra shack he breaks all fords
iirc you need a box with the longer input shaft
the guy there knows what fits what he supplied the bits for a friends auto-grasser cheers les g

Spikehaus
26th May 2009, 11:13 PM
As a backup source, contact main train transmission, they will help you. I think they have re-branded to:

http://www.autogear.ltd.uk/ford

twinturbo
27th December 2009, 09:09 AM
The cosworth uses an A4LDe Automatic.

The MT75 in V6 RWD form is very very very rarer in the UK, most boxes are converted from 4x4 MT75 and DOHC RWD boxes.

The typr 9 was never used on the Granada cosworth.

The type 9 V6 RWD box was last MASS used in 1986/7 on the final 2.8 Capris, prior to that the Sierra XR4i and Mk2 Granada were the other source that finished production in 85.

The V6 box has a beefed up input shaft bearing carrier and bearing, the input shaft is longer to locate in the spigot bearing on the end of the crank.

The bellhousing on the MT75 is an integral part of the front casing, requiring spicial expensive tools to do a caing swap. it's not a five minuet job.

TT