PDA

View Full Version : Help needed CVH engine

redbertonex19
31st May 2009, 07:39 PM
Hi
I have managed to break the distributor drive shaft on my 1.8 CVH, have looked around locally and cannot find one either new or at a breakers. Does anybody have one or know where I could get one from? Car getting close to finished and now I cannot start the thing.

Thanks
Jeff

MightyMouth
31st May 2009, 08:02 PM
Easily done with these things, I cannot beleive how fragile they are. I went to the local ford dealer and it is no longer available from them but they could provide contact details of a company who does do them, I have lost the details though and haven't been back. I suspect your local Ford dealer could give you the same info.

redbertonex19
31st May 2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks for that Mightymouth will call in tomorrow and ask.

Thanks
Jeff

deezee
31st May 2009, 10:11 PM
I have a 1.8 cvh sitting in the workshop. You are welcome to any part off it.

edit: that is to say, if no special tools are required, I could strip the part off the CVH.

redbertonex19
1st June 2009, 06:33 PM
Hi deezee
Thanks for that i would like to take up your offer. The part is the one in the attached photo but it should have longer plastic clips on. All you need to remove is a screwdriver for the distributer cap and a 15mm socket to remove the camshaft pulley bolt this will take off the shaft. let me know how much for the shaft including postage and will send it to you

Thanks again, saving me a lot of heartache not being able to run it now cooling system complete and exhaust on. (just want to be able to have a blast out before finishing all the awkward little bits that take ages.

Jeff

deezee
2nd June 2009, 01:15 PM
I've stripped out the bit in your pic. I've included a photo, so we're talking of the same part. Let me know if its the right part.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2424/3589059396_3cac073b5f.jpg

redbertonex19
2nd June 2009, 07:59 PM
Hi Deezee
Thats the right part thanks. PM me with the details for payment etc

Thanks
Jeff

deezee
4th June 2009, 05:30 PM
Its in the post, 1st class. So you should have it on Friday, or worst case on Saturday. Hopefully give you the weekend to get things back up and running.

My weekend is now going to be spent trying to polish out where some person has just keyed 3 panels on my 94 MR2 GTS. Mindless idiots. Happened in a supermarket car park. Why do people do this.

redbertonex19
6th June 2009, 07:56 PM
Hi
Thanks again, it arrived safely today and have got it fitted. PM me cost of postage and email address and I will paypal the money to you.

Sorry to here about the lowlife scratching the car probaly jealousy.

Jeff

deezee
7th June 2009, 02:00 PM
Its alright ..... (whispers) ... don't tell anyone, but I put it in the company mail bag. Your delivery was care of NG Johnson (Northern) ltd ..... WOO HOO

DaddyA
19th July 2009, 06:25 PM
I've stripped out the bit in your pic. I've included a photo, so we're talking of the same part. Let me know if its the right part.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2424/3589059396_3cac073b5f.jpg

Hi all,

sorry to say same story but managed to break both lugs!!!

Don't suppose I'll be lucky enough to find someone with a spare or know where I can get one????????????????????

Obviously for an exchange of funds.