PDA

View Full Version : Propshaft

Prop Man
19th June 2009, 09:28 AM
Hi Everyone.

Just to let you know if you have any problems with propshafts, universal joints, vibrations or anything else propshaft related, please do not hesitate to leave a massage on this thread or contact me directly.

I have been manufacturing propshafts for over 20 years at a reputable company and have a wealth of information a technical expertise behind me.

Thanks

Bonzo
19th June 2009, 09:36 AM
Hi & very warm welcome to the forum :)

A propshaft engineer will be a welcome addition to our comunity ;)

Do you have a web site ? If you do, perhaps you could add it to your signature. :) :)

Chris Gibbs
19th June 2009, 07:04 PM
Do you make driveshafts as well Mr Propshaft?

Cheers

Chris ;)

Prop Man
19th June 2009, 11:41 PM
Hi

Yes Driveshafts can be manufactured also.

It is considerably cheaper to re-machine 4 donor shafts to make 2 hybrid than to manufacture from scratch.

If you want to give me a quick brief of what you would like i can give you some more information.

Spikehaus
20th June 2009, 07:45 PM
Hi Mate, Welcome to the Forum.

Bailey Morris Limited are quoting £120 for a Propshaft. I had a chat with them at a recent show. This can be confirmed by all the Guys who also attended.

They seem to know the business so... So what is your tender price to attract our business away? Where are you based? You may be local to some members?

Maybe if other members can provide the technical spec and dims for this item. We can get a standardised price for supply. (Of course this depend on engine choice)

Prop Man
21st June 2009, 04:30 PM
Hello

I have no doubt that Bailey morris will have quoted that price i assume you will have spoke to Kevin, Richard or possibly Clive. They are a very good company and they do know alot about our field of engineering. Cant take their drink though:) .

Our kit car propshafts range from £95 to £120 + VAT delivered but as i am sure you will know, very rarely are two builds exactly the same.

I am happy to quote on any work but I didn't really join the forum to tout for business, it was more to give advice to people who had any questions about drivelines and propshafts. A Friend Said it would be helpful.

If you would like a quote then i am more than happy to oblige.
:) :) :)

Prop Man
21st June 2009, 10:48 PM
Hi Adrian

It was Possibly me you spoke to but i will check if i have any record of it tomorrow.

We use quite a few different sizes of tube. The tube we use is usually welded or D.O.M.

I will Also check the E number for you tomorrow. and see if i can find a steel spec sheet for you if you wish.

I was thinking i might get the odd vibration question or how to check a UJ.
I didnt expect to start with an easy one like this:) .

HandyAndy
21st June 2009, 10:57 PM
Hi Propman,
just so you know who i am when the time comes,......

i,ll be looking for a propshaft in the next 6 weeks or so for my build ( see the "Big day" thread ),

i,ve got a ford 1.8 CVH engine to the original donor diff, what info do you need from me to be able to price the job up?

many thanks
andy

HandyAndy
21st June 2009, 11:28 PM
Thanks Adrian, so once i get the engine/gearbox mounted i,ll take the measurements & contact Prop Man...........roughly how long is delivery time from placing order?

Adrian..... thanks for your PM,s other night, was gonna reply tonight after posting the photos from today , ;)

cheers
andy

Prop Man
22nd June 2009, 09:06 AM
Adrian has answered the question for me.

I think he might be after my job:) .

Once we know a diff to gearbox measurement me can have one made and dispatched in a matter of hours. (as long as we dont get the go ahead at 5 to 5)

gus
22nd June 2009, 09:55 AM
Propman, I take it from your previous posts that you are from NW propshafts.

If so this company is excellent. Ordered a prop at 11.30am on Thursday. Received it by 12 noon Friday.

Looks brilliant and fitted into the car perfectly.

Can't recommend these guy's enough.

Cheers

Mark

Prop Man
22nd June 2009, 10:14 AM
Thank you Mark.

Hope the rest of you build goes as smooth.

Michael

HandyAndy
22nd June 2009, 10:20 AM
so how do i contact you Michael when i need to place the order?
thru this forum or direct etc ?

cheers
andy

gus
22nd June 2009, 11:26 AM
Alright Andy.

Rather than put Michaels contact up incase spam etc etc

Do a google search for northwest propshafts.

First result you'll see. Service is excellent.

Cheers

Mark

HandyAndy
22nd June 2009, 11:29 AM
Alright Andy.

Rather than put Michaels contact up incase spam etc etc

Do a google search for northwest propshafts.

First result you'll see. Service is excellent.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks Mark thats great,:cool:
thats why i asked as don,t want to put info on a public forum.
cheers
andy

HandyAndy
23rd June 2009, 08:09 PM
can i ask a basic possibly dumb question..........

do i need to supply my donor propshaft to the company that makes me a new shortened version?

sorry if its basic but i just don,t know the answer :o

cheers
andy

Prop Man
23rd June 2009, 10:32 PM
can i ask a basic possibly dumb question..........

do i need to supply my donor propshaft to the company that makes me a new shortened version?

sorry if its basic but i just don,t know the answer :o

cheers
andy
As long as you give the company the correct information

Gearbox configuration (spline or flange sizes)
Diff Cinfiguration (flange sizes)
Length from Diff flange to gearbox oil seal or flange or
lengths between any fixed points ie Diff, Centre Bearing and Gearbox
Torque transmitted through the shaft or BHP so shaft can be built to the right spec.

The propshaft company should be fine with that.

Although Cheaper shafts can be made from good donor shafts.

HandyAndy
23rd June 2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the info Prop Man,
tho i would have to factor in the cost of getting the shaft to you,
so how much cheaper if i supply my donor shaft?

thanks
andy

Spikehaus
14th July 2009, 09:54 PM
Where are you Propman??? I have cash on the hip and awaiting for you too log in to check your mail!!!.......????

HandyAndy
14th July 2009, 10:01 PM
Spikehaus....... PM sent to you

andy

Spikehaus
14th July 2009, 10:02 PM
Cheers mate,

Spikehaus
15th July 2009, 07:47 PM
All ordered earlier today and anticipated delivery for tomorrow morning! I believe the shaft will also be painted. I must admit, that's a quick turnaround. I have received a few other quotes, but this seem the best value to me. Soon be having that test drive!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2518/3727314032_e69f1902dc_m.jpg

Its turned up as promised!