PDA

View Full Version : Knackered

Bonzo
19th June 2009, 05:21 PM
Been tapping some wishbone bosses today.

Boy, just how hard is it to run the 20mm X 2.5 hand tap through the boss :eek: :eek:

A decent presto tap at that & yes, I am using the correct 17.5mm drill for a full thread.

I am blooming knackered, must be my age :D :o

HandyAndy
19th June 2009, 05:25 PM
:D i bought mine in :D ;) very nice they are too if i may say, very quick delivery too, delivered within 3 days of placing the order :cool:

andy

deezee
19th June 2009, 08:19 PM
Yup paid for mine off of Good ole Dave Oxley. I thought getting the M20 bolts for welding onto the 33.7mm tubes would be tricky, after all people charge £15 each for em. I got some M20 bolts for freeeeeee. Will weld em on this weekend and assemble my suspension.

HandyAndy
19th June 2009, 08:30 PM
i happened to find a pair of the rear camber adjusters (M20 thread on bush tube thingy) in my van whilst at Stoneleigh, must,ve been the Roadster pixey :D ;)

andy

Bonzo
19th June 2009, 10:10 PM
That will be the little Cornish pixie that was loitering about at stoneleigh :D :D

Bleeding pixies get everywhere !!?? :eek: :D

Spikehaus
1st July 2009, 06:03 PM
Hi Gents,

I have hijacked this thread as it is the most appropriate to how I am feeling just now.. Like a blind fool I decided that it would be a great idea to undertake my 4x4 engine conversion on the hottest week of the year! Still, managed to make some good progress today, apart from I am hardly able to type this message for a headache and lack of muscle power!

I am hoping that I will have the gearbox & alterator fitted tomorrow morning, the engine cleaned down a bit, and ultimately mounted by the middle of next week.

Thanks to a certain forum member for making this possbile!:)