PDA

View Full Version : Mad sale....

fabbyglass
23rd June 2009, 10:22 PM
Reeet here yer go I have just this minute decided to offer 5 complete body kits and a pair of the finest seats any bum could sit on for a mere £999 posted per body kit/seats.......the snaggy bit is it's not going to last long and it's only for 5 sets.
Body kit is 13 piece affair and obviously there would be two seats in any weirdy colour you fancy.

This is my daft bit to aid the credit crunchy hit builders and also help me get my damn project going before it takes root and I can't move it.

Applies to folk over the wobbly bluish brown bit but postage comes into play a bit as carriers like legs and arms for that......:eek:

HandyAndy
23rd June 2009, 10:26 PM
thats a cracking deal :eek: :D

has the resin finally got to you Mark ??? been out in the sun too long?? :D

seriously,,, nice deal.

andy

fabbyglass
23rd June 2009, 10:29 PM
Only a deal if taken up and there is a method to my madness but it helps the lucky 5 too........:confused:

mark
24th June 2009, 04:13 PM
Is this offer available with the new style bonnet and nose and does the "13 piece bodykit" include an aeroscreen? or is this wishfull thinking :o

either way think im gonna hav to talk to the boss (future wife!) coz thats a superb offer :)

if i can build a chassis maybe i can make a wedding dress and use the money i saved for a nice set of bodywork and seats :p

fabbyglass
24th June 2009, 04:25 PM
Indeed it does on both the bonnet and aeroscreen.

turboporscheandy
24th June 2009, 06:24 PM
Hiya again Mark-what colours are available for the bodies?or can I have a bespoke colour?hope to chat soon mate.
Andrew

minimad
24th June 2009, 07:11 PM
he says any colour as long as its pink :D :D :D

fabbyglass
24th June 2009, 07:31 PM
Colour is up to you...:)

turboporscheandy
24th June 2009, 07:46 PM
if I go for pink do I get it free! lol!:D :p

fabbyglass
24th June 2009, 07:48 PM
Cor blimey......:p

minimad
24th June 2009, 08:59 PM
put yur new bonnet bulge on in pink,you know the one you put on my mini :D :D

fabbyglass
24th June 2009, 09:04 PM
Hahahahahaha will be 6 Mini's up here soon.......:eek: Oh and I had a wee blast in the blue one, nice nippy wee beast but i forgot how naff mini brakes are and nearly hit the shed while zapping about on the gravel.....:eek:

minimad
24th June 2009, 11:21 PM
been buying more has he, and wot are brakes

gus
25th June 2009, 08:07 AM
Fabby,

I want to order one of your kits now that they are on offer. Please could you pm me your phone number so that I can ring you to discuss.

Cheers

Mark

HandyAndy
25th June 2009, 08:40 AM
Gus ( Mark ),
if you click on Triton Race products in Fabbys signature(in one of Fabby,s posts above) the Triton web site details come up & telephone number is there. ;)

andy:)

sorry i should have said... click on the bodywork link then click onto more details of one of the products then click the contact link at bottom of the page & number will come up.

fabbyglass
25th June 2009, 09:07 AM
Gus,
I have just replied to your email but if you are stuck at work and can get online to nosey on here then here is my number 07886001145 If I don't answer leave a message and I will ring you back or even txt if it's awkward with work etc.

fabbyglass
25th June 2009, 10:23 AM
4 left on the daft offer..:)

fabbyglass
25th June 2009, 12:39 PM
Blimey looks like it's 3 left...:eek:

les g
25th June 2009, 07:07 PM
Blimey looks like it's 3 left...:eek:

beers are on you the weekend then !!!!!!!!!!!!lol
oh and i want a test drive in the three wheeler .....please
cheers les g

fabbyglass
25th June 2009, 09:53 PM
Les,
I will slave over a hot kettle and make you a coffee Saturday but no biskwits here due to an invisible 4 legged big eared biskwit thief.

les g
25th June 2009, 10:08 PM
Les,
I will slave over a hot kettle and make you a coffee Saturday but no biskwits here due to an invisible 4 legged big eared biskwit thief.

is that code for its my turn to get the maryland cookies from lidl before we come down then
cheers les g

AshG
25th June 2009, 10:12 PM
get some rat poison too. rectify the cause and there will forever be biccies :D

fabbyglass
25th June 2009, 10:13 PM
I couldn't possibly comment... But if you insist ;)

Oh and make sure your van is emptyish so you can take your side panels, should hate for you to have to drive home with a huge pink thing showing....:eek: :eek:

fabbyglass
25th June 2009, 10:16 PM
get some rat poison too. rectify the cause and there will forever be biccies :D

Noooo I couldn't do that I kinda like mouses although I haven't seen it I know the little fella is there as he leaves me little black presents...:rolleyes:

geeman
25th June 2009, 10:20 PM
Hi fabbyglass,

I would be interested in buyin these, as i would eventually need some body panels. I just wondered what the 13 pieces are, im guessin its 2 seats, everything shown on you haynes roadster bodywork page and an aeroscreen?
Thanks.

fabbyglass
26th June 2009, 11:48 AM
Offer is the following:

Nosecone
Bonnet
Scuttle
Scuttle bulkhead panel
Dash panel
Aeroscreen
Side panels
Rear panel
Rear wings
Front wings
Oh and a pair of bumtastic seats.

fabbyglass
26th June 2009, 12:01 PM
Offer is the following:

Nosecone
Bonnet
Scuttle
Scuttle bulkhead panel
Dash panel
Aeroscreen
Side panels
Rear panel
Rear wings
Front wings
Oh and a pair of bumtastic seats.

minimad
26th June 2009, 05:47 PM
sounds like your bringing the chocolate chip again then les :D :D :D

les g
26th June 2009, 06:24 PM
sounds like your bringing the chocolate chip again then les :D :D :D

he said four legs and long ears
has your pooch been up to Fabbys , then John iknow she can open doors but aint that a long way too go for a biccie
cheers les g
see you tomorrow if you are around

fabbyglass
26th June 2009, 06:40 PM
Wow those pink sides look mental in the sunshine........sure I've done summat wrong today but beggared if I know what it is:confused: :o :D

minimad
26th June 2009, 07:07 PM
no mate she not keen on choccy chip she likes rich tea :D :D :D

fabbyglass
27th June 2009, 09:46 AM
Fussy hound......:)

minimad
27th June 2009, 11:12 AM
yep :) :) :)

fabbyglass
2nd July 2009, 09:58 AM
I'm caffuffled and thought this offer would be snapped up quick smart...:confused:

Bonzo
2nd July 2009, 01:16 PM
Me too Mark :confused:

That is one, outstanding special offer :cool:

Too much quarter left at the end of the money for me :(

I could allways sell my trusty old Trasit tipper ............ Ummm....... now there's food for thought :D

spud69
2nd July 2009, 01:49 PM
If all continues to plan i'll be taking a few off you Mark but not for a few months yet.....

MightyMouth
2nd July 2009, 07:54 PM
I seriously considered it but I don't really have anywhere to store the stuff and am no where near ready and though I could swing the cost it would leave me short for other stuff I can use now so have had to pass this time.

jasongray5
2nd July 2009, 09:00 PM
I dont realy have the money for it, no where near ready for it and havent decided on a colour. But what sold it to me was that the saving is going to pay for a set of shocks...?

fabbyglass
3rd July 2009, 08:49 AM
Not moaning just thought maybe it's a sign that the credit crunch has finally reached down to "toys" and that other avenues need looking into..:confused:

geeman
17th July 2009, 08:19 PM
I never imagined myself willing to spend almost a grand on bodywork and seats, but i must admit, from looking at all the pics ive seen of the fibreglass stuff, i really think ive been swayed after looking at spud69's cars pics and think that i may end up giving fabby some more buisness:D Well ive been buggin my parents to give me the extra cash, which hopefully will happen:o , however i just had a few Q's. ON the rear panel, what mods need to be done to the chassis, as i read on the forums somewhere that i wont need rp1 and rp2, but wasnt sure what else. Also does the scuttle just replace all the stuff shown on top of page 99 in the book(revised edition)? I also hope to have a rolling chassis whithin 2 or 3 weeks:D , but still have alot to do to get to that stage.

AshG
17th July 2009, 10:30 PM
£900 is £900 well spent when you can just unwrap it and bolt on ;)

i made my ali side pannels and rear tub and wish i had just got them off fabby. i couldnt be arsed mucking around making an ali bonet the other day so the phone was picked up and a nice shiney black one turned up the following week. job done.

fabbyglass
18th July 2009, 12:59 PM
Takes me a week or so to make a full body set and a pair of seats so as an idea on time scales etc if 30 odd folk are aiming to have built cars by Stoneleigh then some won't be on the road as you need time to fit it and finish the car then of course pass IVA.

Bonzo
18th July 2009, 01:10 PM
I'd best be getting me finger out when you put it like that Mark :eek:

Where are those two lads of mine !!?? I need to get them cutting up some logs ( I don't mind if the lads get wet ) :D

Got the wood, got the orders, all I need is some muscle power :confused:

I'll do the hard work & deliver them :D

fabbyglass
18th July 2009, 03:33 PM
Not sure how long it takes to get an IVA date and didn't mean my last post to sound like "buy it now or else" I just wanted to point out these things take time and time runs away with you(well it does for me..:confused: ) and all of a sudden it's the beginning of May and Stoneleigh show time again..:eek:

I think most firms doing Roadster stuff would struggle to make that many body kits in such a short space of time no matter how welcome the money would be.

We are almost in August and time ticking away and before we know it "it's CHRISTMAS" as Noddy would say.....:eek:

geeman
18th July 2009, 03:39 PM
Hi, i should hopefully get the funds to buy a full fibre glass kit very soon, I hope, and still wondered what needs to be done at the rear of the car, as i havnt quite finished it and havnt yet made rp1 and rp2 so just wondered what needs to be done there. Thanks

Bonzo
18th July 2009, 05:26 PM
Not sure how long it takes to get an IVA date and didn't mean my last post to sound like "buy it now or else" I just wanted to point out these things take time and time runs away with you(well it does for me. and all of a sudden it's the beginning of May and Stoneleigh show time again.

Never even thought of that post in that way

It was a very welcome reminder of just how much and how fast time passes during the build. :eek:

I re-started my build about a month ago, was fully expecting to be where I am now in a couple of weeks !!??

Goes like this. Have breakfast, make a mental list for the day. go out to the workshop & spend an hour looking for stuff ;) Make some measurements, roll a fag, drink some tea, re-measure because I have forgotten what they were :D
That is where my days go to and why I get, not a lot done :o

AshG
18th July 2009, 10:32 PM
your the same as me ronnie. the list in my head of things to do in a day usually takes two days after thinking time and tea/food pit stops.

HandyAndy
18th July 2009, 10:37 PM
your the same as me ronnie. the list in my head of things to do in a day usually takes two days after thinking time and tea/food pit stops.

is that after the time taken to run around like a headless chicken getting freshly painted bits off the washing line ????:D :D

that were dry anyway :p :D

andy
ps... the thought still makes me smile, reminds me of a character from Dads Army " don,t panic, don,t panic "

Bonzo
18th July 2009, 10:41 PM
At least I am not as bad as my little brother :eek:

He'll stand there, think about the task in hand, have a smoke, drink some tea, spend an age taking measurements, have another think. cut the part & it dont fit :D " what the hell is up with this measure " is usually said :rolleyes:

Brilliant Tig welder though, best alloy tig welder that I have seen to date :cool: