PDA

View Full Version : Worst day ever*

deezee
30th June 2009, 08:02 PM
*excluding actual important events

Finally managed to get my dad to sweat it out in his workshop machining all 44 bushes down to suit the incorrect diameter end tubes I purchased ;) I was hopeful I'd be able to get the rear suspension on in an evening, after all, I had all the parts..... what could go wrong :confused:

Well as it turns out, I could do what This Thread (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1957&highlight=brackets) warned about and fit my rear suspension as per a 3D drawing I had in AutoCAD. The result, 8 fully welded wishbone brackets in the wrong place. I did all this around a month ago, all the spacings were correct..... you know.... just in the wrong place :D

So after putting a slitting disc into my hand being dumb with frustration I'm struggling to remove these brackets. Anyone got any useful, practical advice. I the absence of useful advice, I'll accept; Read the fricking Book, Measure twice, Weld once and also DURRRRRRRR.

Chris Gibbs
30th June 2009, 08:09 PM
Unlucky mate, I wouldn't be so judgemental as to say "read the book" but....er...you know ;)

Buy some thicker gloves too!

Cheers

Chris :)

HandyAndy
30th June 2009, 08:13 PM
if it makes you feel a little better....
even tho i posted within the thread advising of this in the link that you gave i,ll be honest & admit i STILL put 2 brackets in the wrong place :o tho thankfully had only tacked them in.

andy

AshG
30th June 2009, 09:19 PM
well done for keeping at it. i think i would have had to go have a little sit down for a few days to calm down.

deezee
30th June 2009, 09:25 PM
well done for keeping at it. i think i would have had to go have a little sit down for a few days to calm down.

Yeah thats why I'm at home now metabolising alcohol. After slitting my hand I chucked the grinder (then quickly checked it to make sure I hadn't done any real damage :rolleyes: ) Jumped in my car and tried to light up the tyres in rage. Sadly the LSD and awesome traction had different ideas and I just looked like an idiot..... YEEaaaahhh Macho :D

Bonzo
30th June 2009, 10:08 PM
What a Bummer. :( :(

PM sent to you :)