PDA

View Full Version : Roadster racing

Jezzer99
6th July 2009, 12:47 PM
I know there's been some discussion about this before, but are there any new plans on a series dedicated to Roadsters?

deezee
6th July 2009, 02:01 PM
Its pretty unlikely. There are only 8ish cars on the road. Each one more unique than the last :D It would be pretty hard to homologate those. I don't think anyone has even come up with anything resembling a specification to pass the scrutineers. The best you could hope for are some loose classes based on power, weight and after market parts and have a trackday.

Chris Gibbs
6th July 2009, 02:18 PM
Ask the 750 Motor Club, the more requests they get the better :)

It might be possible to enter the "Kit car" class

Cheers

Chris:)

HandyAndy
6th July 2009, 02:23 PM
I,d be up for a bit of racing :D :D tho the engine might have other idea,s :eek:

andy

Jezzer99
6th July 2009, 04:09 PM
Would be kind of cool to have a "modified" series and "unmodified" - unmodified being that it must come from the donor car so you're limited to Pinto, CVH or the V6 engines and modified would be do whatever you like. :D

HandyAndy
6th July 2009, 04:15 PM
Would be kind of cool to have a "modified" series and "unmodified" - unmodified being that it must come from the donor car so you're limited to Pinto, CVH or the V6 engines and modified would be do whatever you like.

if i use my donor engine............

are you allowed to be towed by a V6 engined car???? :D :D
it,d be great to learn the circuits driving a car, i,ve done most circuits racing a bike :eek: ;)

andy

Jezzer99
20th July 2009, 02:50 PM
So I mailed the 750MC - looks like it's unlikely that the Locost series will be extended to the Haynes Roadster in the near furture :( More likely to see changes to the Ron Champion book spec (like engine and gearbox) apparantly...

fabbyglass
20th July 2009, 03:12 PM
Ummmm enter the Kit Car class on mass then they have to offer a Roadster series then ..............:D

I'm up for this racing malarky cos that means plenty bit smashed bodywork...:cool: And maybe the chance of doing the 'glass in "race weight";)

bozla
16th August 2009, 05:00 AM
Wouldn't it be possible to race in the 'all comers' class of the 750MC?

fabbyglass
16th August 2009, 11:10 AM
Wouldn't it be possible to race in the 'all comers' class of the 750MC?

No problem as long as the car is built to the msa regs for the series, there has been a few sva'd now so that helps with the entry of the Roadster. The RGB lets you run "prototypes" if you like but might have changed.