PDA

View Full Version : Hello from South Africa

fluxcored
7th July 2009, 04:06 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wish to introduce myself, I'm Cassidy from RSA. I abandoned my previous attempt at building a Locost in 2004 due to bad health + I had to relocate to a much smaller home and had to get rid of my chassis and donor engine and gearbox. Very traumatic affair, I must say.

Well, everything is slowly falling into place so that I can start with a build again.

I'm very happy to find this site and that Chris' car is based on a Sierra donor. My friend owns a scrappy so I'm confident I can get Sierra parts relatively easy.

I have'nt bought the book yet - as I just yesterday blew a lot of cash online buying books, but will do so at the end of the month.

I have got tor run now, but will be back with a lot of questions later on.

Regards

Chris Gibbs
7th July 2009, 04:48 PM
Welcome Cassidy!!

Get that book bought I'm saving up for an operation..............or something;)

I'm here most days and we have some very knowledgable members, we can work most things out.

Cheers

Chris :)

Bonzo
7th July 2009, 05:05 PM
Welcome to the forum cassidy :)

I hope your build progresses smoothly

Plenty of advice to be had from all on here.

Best buy two coppies of the book, one for reading & one for the workshop. :D

It'll also help Chris out
The last time I saw him, he was looking awfull thin & wearing nowt but a paper bag !!?? :D :D

fluxcored
7th July 2009, 06:46 PM
Thanx for the warm welcome. I'm going to need all the support that I can get.

Cheers.

Spikehaus
7th July 2009, 08:47 PM
Welcome Mate,

I agree with having 2 Nr copies of the book, I have one very dirty book I use while building and in the workshop, and another (Second Edition) that I purchased as its a good reference point while on the this Forum.

If you dig around you will find many links to peoples builds. We seem to be experiencing a bit of a boom recently!

Chris Gibbs
7th July 2009, 09:13 PM
Welcome Mate,

I agree with having 2 Nr copies of the book, I have one very dirty book I use while building and in the workshop, and another (Second Edition) that I purchased as its a good reference point while on the this Forum.

If you dig around you will find many links to peoples builds. We seem to be experiencing a bit of a boom recently!

Ignore this you need 10 copies - minimum

Did I tell you I'm getting a swimimng pool?

Cheers

Chris :)

Bonzo
7th July 2009, 09:23 PM
I'll be happy to donate a couple of buckets of water to the swimming pool fund. ;) :D :D

Land Locked
8th July 2009, 04:34 AM
Hi & welcome Cassidy. Whereabouts in Sarf Efrika? I'm in Kempton Park.

Chris Gibbs
8th July 2009, 02:05 PM
I'll be happy to donate a couple of buckets of water to the swimming pool fund. ;) :D :D

That's as close as I'll ever get to a swimming pool mate!

fluxcored
8th July 2009, 06:33 PM
Hi & welcome Cassidy. Whereabouts in Sarf Efrika? I'm in Kempton Park.

Hiya. I'm down in George.

fluxcored
8th July 2009, 06:40 PM
Welcome Mate,

Guys, can you give me the ISBN number of the 2nd Edition book please.

The one that I can order online is:
ISBN: 9781844253913
Publication date: June 2007

but I cannot verify whether this is a second edition or not.

Thx.

Land Locked
8th July 2009, 08:07 PM
Thats the same isbn as mine which was published in 2007 and reprinted in 2008. It does seem to be the one free of errors. (ordered from kalahari.net)

fluxcored
9th July 2009, 06:51 AM
Ta. I'll order one today.