PDA

View Full Version : Chassis Colour?

james3004
11th July 2009, 04:13 PM
What colour are you going to /have you painted your chassis?

HandyAndy
11th July 2009, 06:57 PM
thinking about doing my chassis in black, as it,ll contrast nicely with the body colour of tango orange.:)

andy

Bonzo
11th July 2009, 07:29 PM
I think that I might stick with Red :D :D

Well it is half painted and all that :eek: :o

james3004
12th July 2009, 04:09 PM
I was thinking black, but it nt very original? Can't think of any other colour that would suit?

fabbyglass
12th July 2009, 05:47 PM
Grey is the best colour as in the even you smack it and say a joint lets go then it will show up better.

fabbyglass
12th July 2009, 05:48 PM
But black hides the dirt better......:)

axle
27th August 2009, 11:19 AM
What kind of paint would you recommend?

AshG
27th August 2009, 11:59 AM
black you wont see it much once the car is done.

Janne E
27th August 2009, 12:05 PM
I will paint my chassi in silver, with red bodywork :)

Janne E

squbti
1st September 2009, 10:00 PM
http://www.hammerite.com/uk/products/ps_dtr_metal_paint_colours.html#hammered
i recomend using hammerite paint for the chassis, you can paint it straight onto rust & it will last a lifetime i have used it myself to paint some railings(outside) at my parents house more than 15 years ago & it still looks good today so i know it realy works . i think my chassis is going to be the hammered black.
Cheers

londonsean69
2nd September 2009, 12:49 PM
I used hammerite with their primer as well, on my wishbones. A few coats of each were sprayed on. I dropped one of the wishbones about 2ft and a huge lump of hammerite flaked off:(

I am now using a paint called QD90. I explained to a local trade paint supplier what I wanted it for and he recommended it. White spirit is the solvent, not the silly expensive hammerite one.

It is a much more flexible paint - I beat a test piece up with a hammer and was quite impressed:D

Sean

geeman
2nd September 2009, 01:15 PM
Today is the first day in about 2 weeks ive done anything related to the car. I painted as many of the parts form the sierra as possible, incllusing all dirveshafts, hubs, calipers... I just finished wire brushing and cleaning the gearbox and started to paint it with hammerite, however........ it started raining:( , in the hope that the cloud would pass i kept painting in the rain, but about 15 min later, i was soaked, the paint on the gearbox was all messed up and theres water in my tub of hammerite:( For me so far hammerite has worked well, however i left my wishbones out in the rain for the past 2 weeks, and they have picked up 1 or 2 patches of rust in between the brush strokes of the paint, even though i gave them 2 coats of it, so a 3rd coat went on today as wel.