PDA

View Full Version : had to be towed home

frankie boy
16th July 2009, 10:57 PM
Hi All
went out for a spin in my car tonight:D Just got back on the tow truck and in the rain:eek: Was driving around the lanes in epping and hit a large rock in the road:mad: It was a piece of granite which riped right though the sump leveing all the oil all over the road.
I felt the rock go under my seat but havent had the chance to see if there is more damage. Im have seconed thougts about uesing alloy on the floor of my new build after this tonight.

les g
16th July 2009, 11:14 PM
sorry to here that Frankie
perhaps you might have to think about a sump guard
cheers les g

HandyAndy
16th July 2009, 11:16 PM
wow :eek:
glad you are ok tho, & hope it hasn,t done too much damage to the underside of your car.

makes one wonder how such a large bit of rock gets into the road , yobs throwing it or fell off a truck i suppose :eek:

andy

frankie boy
16th July 2009, 11:23 PM
HI Andy
were i hit the rock was a building site and there was some creats of stones in the garden. I was well pissed off. Was nearly throwing the rock though there window.

AshG
16th July 2009, 11:28 PM
where there is blame ther is a claim.

surely your entitled to some compensation from them towards the damage to your car?

glad that your ok. these things happen. i have a 1.5mm ali floor on mine and it is most definatly harder to cut compared to steel. dont know what difference that would make.

spud69
16th July 2009, 11:28 PM
What an absolute bugger, bet you're really pissed.

Since i lowered my sump a bit when i'm driving most of my attention is on the road ahead for any potholes, rocks or other obstructions.

Ran over 2 rabbits on the Stokesley to Helmsley road last weekend, daughter was gutted, rabbits where beheaded but the car was okay.

HandyAndy
16th July 2009, 11:32 PM
i,m not surprised, i would,ve probably done just that, it might be worth contacting the builders & asking for their public liability insurance as obviously they left the site unsecure if someone has moved the rock from the site or if it fell from a site delivery vehicle.

hope you get the car sorted soon.

andy

frankie boy
16th July 2009, 11:34 PM
Hi Spud
Drove over a dead fox when a frist got it on the road. The front wheel thowe its blood and guts up it to my face and chest. Not nice