PDA

View Full Version : E30 drive shafts, hubs?

LeonN
19th July 2009, 07:59 PM
I am trying to solve the problem of eat hubs to youse. I am building with an e30 engion. And diff. Is ther a hub that will work with the BMW drive shafts or will sierra drive shafts go onto a BMW diff? Any other idear? Can I drive an mx5 hub with a BMW driveshaft? I gust canot find anny ansers to this?

jasongray5
19th July 2009, 10:53 PM
Dont realy know for sure, but I would imagine different makes of component arnt just going to slot together?

LeonN
19th July 2009, 11:11 PM
would emadgion the same but you never know. Custom drive shafts?

james83mills
20th July 2009, 08:24 AM
my build has the bmw m44 engine and gear box, but the rest of the running gear is going to be sierra

Chris Gibbs
20th July 2009, 12:27 PM
If you wanted to use the BMW diff you would need to make substantial mountings for it, similar to the Sierra set up. With the hubs you could have made a bearing carrier to take the BMW bearings which could be bolted to the upright like the Sierra hub or use a shaft which is BMW at the diff and Sierra at the hub.

You're going to need custom driveshafts whichever one you choose 'cos the track of the BMW and Sierra are different.

Cheers

Chris :)

LeonN
20th July 2009, 01:02 PM
Custom drive shafts it is then. Work think that can mack them with me ( I am new you see) thanks. Is there a dafinative steel list about? Work are pooting an order in on Friday and I would like to tag my steel onto that order.

Chris Gibbs
20th July 2009, 06:41 PM
http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=30&highlight=cutting+list

LeonN
20th July 2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks man. You are a star. I know you are the auther and probabley make somthing from beeing onhand with advice but even so. You are a godsend. Thanks alot. I think I will realy engoy this prodgect. Striped the bmw engion after work today ready for a good clean and all that. And so it begins.