PDA

View Full Version : attention

HandyAndy
21st July 2009, 12:34 PM
please everyone............

look at the last couple of posts on the LCB forum of the thread

By By Locost ( its in the "anything else section )

i am disgusted with the member Neville Jones, he is the type that should be banned.

this is pathetic childish school playground bullying

andy
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

dogwood
21st July 2009, 12:44 PM
Just seen it mate.
Thoroughly agree with you.

What a praTTTT:mad:

So tempted to reply to it.
But I'm sticking with my no further postings...

Much as I like LCB forum, I just don't agree with whats going on.
And no it has nothing to do with the £5 donation, I would have been happy to pay that.

David

Bonzo
21st July 2009, 01:09 PM
It is a sad day indeed when the admin of a forum let morons post comments like that. :eek: :eek:

Qiute happy to take action over a joke yet allow such disgusting behavior, just because it suits !!?? :mad: :mad:

slimtater
21st July 2009, 01:37 PM
I have added my view to the post by N Jones on LCB plus reported it as follows:

The content of this post isn't appropriate and does not have any evidence to support the claim made.
As an owner of a Haynes Roadster, I also find that it dis-credits this type of build and also those involved in the original design/creation - again without evidence.
Considering the approach taken by admin/mods regarding recent posts and members, to apply equality, the post should be deleted and the poster should be banned with a statement as to why they have been banned added to their signature.

HandyAndy
21st July 2009, 01:40 PM
hear hear well said Tim,

i,ve also just responded to yet another member on there suggesting that we "boardhoppers" should stop swapping between forums :mad: :mad:

andy

cjtheman
21st July 2009, 06:07 PM
hi all just joined here been following this ongoing thread between chrisw and chrisg
i think its completely over the top and a bit unfair hope it gets solved soon
and as for the pratt
neville jones his profile states building book locost
thats what i built but if you look through the second edition of the book the welding shown on the pictures i would say is dangerous
so i hope for his sake and others his welding is better
rant over
cheers
colin

aerosam
22nd July 2009, 09:56 AM
Hi there Col, glad I'm not the only LCB asylum seeker over here!

oldtimer
22nd July 2009, 11:42 AM
There are more of us every day.....

I still can't find a 'for sale' section.............or do I have to pay £5.....!....sorry !! it was a joke....I just couldn't help myself!!

HandyAndy
22nd July 2009, 11:50 AM
There are more of us every day.....

I still can't find a 'for sale' section.............or do I have to pay £5.....!....sorry !! it was a joke....I just couldn't help myself!!

:) Chris i believe has asked for a "for sale" section to be added to the forum from whoever controls the layout of the forum, but the process takes time to implement .
hopefully soon, or if you are in the deep south west "dreckly" :D

andy

thewinker
22nd July 2009, 03:42 PM
You think Haynes will let you buy/sell stuff on a forum with their name on it? It'll never happen, unless you just want to buy brand new Haynes manuals.

Bonzo
22nd July 2009, 03:46 PM
Second post not a lot better :confused:

Are you 100% sure that you have spelt you user name properly :D :p

Beardy_John
22nd July 2009, 08:43 PM
Why do you need a separate section to cover stuff for sale? Whats wrong with putting it under the section it would normally come in (engine, chassis, etc) with a "FS - xxx" style topic title? Or does this break some laws of the forum I have missed?
People are already flogging stuff on, not to make a profit, but to help fund their builds or help other forum members.

Land Locked
22nd July 2009, 09:49 PM
How long before this thread becomes invisible?

Bonzo
23rd July 2009, 09:15 AM
Yes there do seem to be some wholesale deletion of threads going on at the moment :eek:

The Off Subject & Announcements sections have had some huge deletions :confused:

It Is a pitty that the ammendment & tutorial stickys have gone :(

That will explain why the post counter is going bacwards in huge chunks !!??

On the bright side, I guess the folks at Haynes are just making some room for us all to carry on the banter :D

Balidey
23rd July 2009, 09:36 AM
I'm not so sure it is anything to do with Haynes, I thought this site was run entirely by Chris. I am beggining to think it may be malicious.

Bonzo
23rd July 2009, 10:06 AM
I belive that this forum is maintained & hosted by Haynes :confused:

More likely to be a Malicious hacker at work :eek:

Any forum administrator or owner would probably have the know how ;) :(

deezee
23rd July 2009, 10:15 AM
I'm not so sure it is anything to do with Haynes, I thought this site was run entirely by Chris. I am beggining to think it may be malicious.

Haynes runs the forums, as Chris has previously stated. Infact Chris has mentioned he was unable to make certain changes to the forum, as he lacked the access rights.

Balidey
23rd July 2009, 10:21 AM
about 9am there were 7437 posts on this forum, now there ar 7223.
The moderator Roadster no1 was last logged in in June
ITadmin not logged in since 2007.
administrator1 last logged in yesterday morning.

So, who is doing the whole scale deleting?

Bonzo
23rd July 2009, 10:28 AM
about 9am there were 7437 posts on this forum, now there ar 7223.
The moderator Roadster no1 was last logged in in June
ITadmin not logged in since 2007.
administrator1 last logged in yesterday morning.

So, who is doing the whole scale deleting?

With the greatest of respect.

Are you just here to cast the seeds of doubt & stir things up a little.

Any fool would know that a website can be hacked.

Many clever computer whizz kids out there.

In fact I know where quite a few lurk, probably with the desire to wreak havoc in the name of revenge. ;)

Sad times indeed :(

Balidey
23rd July 2009, 10:37 AM
With the greatest of respect.

Are you just here to cast the seeds of doubt & stir things up a little.

Nope, not at all, I am NOT trying to 'stir things up' as you suggest. Exactly the opposite, just trying to show that if Haynes had been deleting threads on mass, then the registered mods or admin have not been logged in.

Several suggestions have been made that its Haynes deleting them, or that the board is set to delete old threads automatically. I was just trying to suggest that it is neither.

I am really disapointed that all these posts (and almost all of mine) have disappeared and I hope there is a good recent back up to restore them

Bonzo
23rd July 2009, 10:46 AM
It was not my intention to offend :o Sorry

Although you have every right to be offended, that was not my intention.

Gutted that this forum looks set to be destroyed in the next few days. :eek:

I have met some lifelong friends here, the place has been a lifeline to me when I have been feeling down :)

The contents of two complete section have gone this morning & I fear the worst :eek:

Balidey
23rd July 2009, 10:59 AM
Nope, I'm not offended.
I hope Chris manages to restore the forum to its former glory.

I just hope these set backs have no affect on the new book due next year, I think I'm not going to start a Roadster now, I'll just hang on for the single seater. So Chris, if you read this, no delays eh? ;)

Balidey
23rd July 2009, 11:01 AM
another 100 posts just gone :eek:

Bonzo
23rd July 2009, 11:10 AM
Sad times indeed :( :(

Thanks for your understanding :)

Bonzo
23rd July 2009, 11:25 AM
Another 20 threads & 100 posts gone in the last 20 mins :eek: :eek: :(