22nd July 2009, 11:13 AM
What has happened to all the stickys?

oldtimer
22nd July 2009, 11:34 AM
The whats?

HandyAndy
22nd July 2009, 11:38 AM
The whats?

Stickys are the thread that stay at the head of each section, they are the threads that have info regarding a popular discussion on aspects of the build process.
well they are supposed to stay there, but where they have gone, no idea.:confused:

andy:)

AshG
22nd July 2009, 04:23 PM
im guessing haynes have set the forum up to purge threads that are over a certain age.

meaning they have been deleted by the system.

deezee
23rd July 2009, 10:13 AM
They've deleted recent threads though. Some sections are completely empty. I'm fuming. All the useful information from other builds have vanished. I hope its just a glitch, otherwise we've lost years of build advice / photos.

AshG
23rd July 2009, 11:19 AM
i have sent chris a txt to see if he knows whats going on.

HandyAndy
23rd July 2009, 11:26 AM

snap

andy

sorry not a text but a PM

geeman
23rd July 2009, 11:31 AM
ahh, thats a bit of a bugger, i was looking for some threads in the running gear section and theve all gone today?? hope they have backups of the forum somewhere as it really is a pain as there was alot of useful information thats gone missing:(

shadowcaster
23rd July 2009, 11:31 AM

Thought Chris was away for a couple of week on his hols.

geeman
23rd July 2009, 11:35 AM
Thought Chris was away for a couple of week on his hols.

he seems to be logged in now though:confused:

Balidey
23rd July 2009, 11:36 AM
there was a thread saying he was going away, but that thread has gone too. I'm sure he said he was accessing last night via his phone, but I noticed his last activity recently said he was 'moderating'

But he is aparantly logged in now. Has anyone got his PHONE number to give him a call, or send him a text, because if the Chris Gibbs thats logged in now is not the real one, then that would explain a lot.

shadowcaster
23rd July 2009, 11:38 AM
he seems to be logged in now though:confused:

I think he's been logged on since 11:00 last night, another glitch methinks. Computermebob, playing up simples.

thewinker
23rd July 2009, 11:42 AM
He's been logged in every time I've looked for the last couple of days. So like Rich says, probably a hiccup. Even if it was a hacker, surely they have better things to do than surf this site 24 hours a day?

geeman
23rd July 2009, 11:43 AM
I think he's been logged on since 11:00 last night, another glitch methinks. Computermebob, playing up simples.

That might be the case, but his last activity kept changing, so that profile must have been doing somthing.

geeman
23rd July 2009, 11:50 AM
well, admin 1 seems to have been on yesterday??

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=1

Balidey
23rd July 2009, 11:51 AM
Well, he (or someone) is doing some moderating....

mark
23rd July 2009, 12:29 PM
I cant believe there are posts going missing :mad:

When i first started building in january this year ,the answers to every question i had were just a click away. This helped me get my chassis built quickly and without too much headscratching :)

It will be a shame if these posts arent restored especially for the new builders.

I know we will all eventually build this info back up but that doesnt help the people who need it now!

Mark

Chris Gibbs
23rd July 2009, 01:12 PM
It's not me.

It seems to be a malicious attack, I'm trying to contact Haynes.

Chris

geeman
23rd July 2009, 01:24 PM
Does whoever runs the forums keep backups, as it would be a real shame to loose all that knowledge. This really is just taking the piss to be honest as it took the forum about 2 years to get to where it is and to loose all of those threads really would be bad.

Bonzo
23rd July 2009, 01:30 PM
It's not me.

It seems to be a malicious attack, I'm trying to contact Haynes.

Chris

Never thought that for one moment Chris.

I have contacted the Haynes webmaster, they are looking into the situation.

Enjoy your break & don't let this put a damper on your holiday :) :)

I am sure we'll get it sorted soon ;)