PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pumps?

jasongray5
23rd July 2009, 12:13 AM
Fuel pump confusion...

Right, Im going for ms 1.8 zetec on r6 tb's

Is it better to have a hp pump near, the tank with an integrated swirl pot

Or is it better to have a cheapo facet pump, feeding a swirl pot in the engine bay. Which then feeds the HP pump which feeds the throttle boddies?/??

CHeers guys

adrianreeve
23rd July 2009, 06:54 AM
To keep things simple, if you don't already have a tank, go for one with a swirl pot or sump built in, and then just go for an injection pump - less stuff to go wrong! Vauxhall astra/cavalier injection pump is cheap, got mine on ebay £20 brand new.

Cheers

Adrian

jasongray5
23rd July 2009, 10:04 AM
cheers adrian, thats exactly the answer I was after!
Did you mount inside or outside the tank?

Spikehaus
26th August 2009, 08:12 PM
Help!!!!!!!

I have purchase a custom fuel tank with a sump, the manufacture advised I do not require the swirl pot as well. I am running a Sierra xr4x4 2.8 l MFI engine. I have purchase a replacement fuel filter as per the original car (1986)

What type of fuel pump do I require? I have been searching the bay and like the Redtop. Silvertop or solid state.

drury318
26th August 2009, 08:40 PM
You need the same fuel pump that would have been on the car, did you keep it? it looks like a filter but with 2 wires on it, probably mounted near the filter?, if not you can find them on ebay new from £40 upto £140! just look for V6 Ford pumps etc,
Dennis

Spikehaus
26th August 2009, 08:47 PM
I was hoping to retro fit a Facet pump? Ok, wish I had kept it now!

HandyAndy
26th August 2009, 08:53 PM
sorry if i,m wrong but surely you can change the pump for a new more modern one as long as it can provide the correct pressure,?? :confused:

if i,m wrong i,ll crawl back under my stone :o :D

andy

les g
26th August 2009, 10:42 PM
Spike i have an in tank pump goin spare if its any use from the 2l dohc donor
you,ll have to check it wil supply enough for your v6 first though
cheers les g