PDA

View Full Version : Radiators

gus
5th August 2009, 12:48 PM
I know this has been covered before but I am unable to find it.

I am looking to purchase my radiator. I know you can use a polo or clio rad, but which years & engine sizes do they come from.

Thanks

Mark

TSM Locost
5th August 2009, 01:19 PM
Try these, they list dims. www.northernradiators.co.uk Polo also micra are popular.

Mike.

davidimurray
5th August 2009, 06:54 PM
I just bought A clio rad on ebay as reccomended by ashG -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270437062507&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Matthew
5th August 2009, 06:57 PM
You could also try here http://www.aaronradiator.co.uk - they list the varous ones on a single page.

Matt

georgenewman1
17th August 2009, 10:24 PM
i used an old style megane 1.6 16v rad fits in the nosecone, just and cooled that engine traverseley so should be fine on a pinto, not sure bout anythin bigger and better tho

ACE HIGH
18th August 2009, 07:49 AM
Recently I saw a photo of I think one of the first Lola sports cars,late 50's ,space frame chassis,and it appeared to have a home made radiator of a copper upper and lower square tube section ,with about 3 rows of vertical 12mm copper pipe tubes ,all brazed,very neat unit and of course inlets and outlets could be placed in the most suitable position.Just an idea for any "do it yourself type",and of course it can be made any size/style you like.Has anyone on this forum done this on any cars in the past??David:)

georgenewman1
24th August 2009, 06:27 PM
i got mine from a 1.6 16v megane fits quite niceley, but needs the bottom kikin out quite a lot

Hoybi
24th August 2009, 07:46 PM
I've just received my radiator.
A friend who is into building racing cars recommended the radiator of the Mercedes Benz model 190 (2 liter engine !).

It is a VERY small unit and comes at a good price.

"Watch this space" I'll take some pictures, and give dimensions and price soon.

frankie boy
25th August 2009, 07:14 AM
Hi Eddy
I have mercedes 190 rad in my car. Fitts well under the noes cone.
Cools my pinto with out a problem.