PDA

View Full Version : Roadster in Complete Kit Car

aerosam
6th August 2009, 10:50 PM
Thumbing through the latest copy of complete kit car earlier I noticed that the super wide roadster built by Chris' bro in law Mick that was featured here during it's build was snapped at the Newark show and found it's way onto the pages of the mag!

They referred to it as a "one-off" obviously built from a 5 series due to the huge number of donor parts visible.

I may email Mr Stent and fill him in on some details.

Oh and I notice it's Silver now? Was black last time it was seen here. I have the build pics saved if anyone wants them re-posted if they were lost in the last attack.

AshG
7th August 2009, 11:17 AM
it was at stoneleigh this year if i remember correctly.

i will mention it when i next speak to ian.

Chris Gibbs
7th August 2009, 11:55 AM
I know it's silver, I spent a fortnight rubbing it down!!

It's registered as a Haynes Roadster, Mick and I painted it in the spring. It really is a "one donor" car, everything was used from the 5 series, the whole running gear, the wheels, even the leather BMW "armchairs".

He was at Stoneleigh and at Newark with his new folding roof.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/chrisg222/DSC_0013.jpg

I'll let him know he's famous ;)

Cheers

Chris :)

AshG
7th August 2009, 12:52 PM
darn thats ugly :D nice to see that the bmw bits can be used though.

fabbyglass
7th August 2009, 01:21 PM

Glad you said it not me ..........:eek:

deezee
7th August 2009, 01:21 PM
Are those front wings fixed to the chassis? That will be fun going around corners on wet roads ;)

aerosam
7th August 2009, 06:31 PM

I was thinking something like that when I saw it in CKC mag, although that went away quickly when I notice the picture immediately to the left, of Miss Newark, in a bikini ;)