PDA

View Full Version : Postage

fabbyglass
10th August 2009, 02:54 PM
Might just have to say "collection only" on body work as the costs are getting daft and some carriers won't even entertain it especially the rear panel and sides.
As for overseas that looks like it will go down the toilet as shipping costs just about doubled on me....who the hell is going to pay £70 to have a pair of seats shipped to France:mad:

Really makes you wonder sometimes!!!!!!!!!!

dogwood
10th August 2009, 02:59 PM
who the hell is going to pay £70 to have a pair of seats shipped to France:mad:

Not me !!:D :D

David

londonsean69
10th August 2009, 03:14 PM
That's a shame Mark.

I would be terrified having anybody deliver something like that to me, they are proper apes around here. I had a motherboard crushed by a set of Sierra hubs.

Ape 1 threw the motherboard (complete with loads of tape saying fragile) over the gate into the garden.
Ape 2 threw the box containing the hubs over the gate and scored a direct hit.

And our regular postie has wrecked the brand new letterbox on our brand new porch by forcing a catalogue through it.

Still, it means I might have to make a little trip to the seaside to pick up my bodywork when I eventually order it

Sean

Bonzo
10th August 2009, 03:17 PM
I tried to send a parcel the other day. Only 6kg but 2m long.

couldn't find a carrier because of its length :confused:

TNT quoted over £250 for a UK delivery :eek:

My oldest found a web site that locates carriers who have spare capacity, i'll ask him later but I think it was this one

Parcel Monkey (http://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/)

Balidey
10th August 2009, 08:07 PM
I tried to send a parcel the other day. Only 6kg but 2m long.

couldn't find a carrier because of its length :confused:

:D The trick here is to think laterally. If you want to send an item thats 2m long, Royal Mail will NOT accept it. The maximum is 1.5m wide and 1.5m long. So if you want to send something longer than 1.5m then just put it diagonally in a 1.5m x 1.5m box. Its 2.1m corner to corner.

One day I will go to the post office with a parcel 2m long, wait for them to refuse it, then repackage it infront of them in a BIGGER box and watch them accept the same item. :D

Bonzo
10th August 2009, 08:52 PM
That would be a good crack ;) :D :D