PDA

View Full Version : Bl@@dy paint

HandyAndy
18th August 2009, 02:24 PM
i,m sick of the sight of bl@@dy black paint !!! :D

rant rant...... its not until i started to paint my chassis that i realised how much steel there is in the chassis :eek:

thankfully almost finished the painting...............:cool: :D

groan over with.

andy

Bonzo
18th August 2009, 02:28 PM
You know you love it Andy :D :D

If I knew you liked painting, could have come down & painted mine :eek:

I'll give you a shout when mine is ready for it's final coat :D

HandyAndy
18th August 2009, 02:36 PM
erm.... no thanks Ronnie :D

what i should,ve done is let my kids do it for me, they couldn,t get any more paint on themselves than i have:eek:

i can now see why spraying or powder coating seems like a nicer option:D

i feel like i,m painting the Humber bridge:eek:

andy

AshG
18th August 2009, 03:56 PM
i sprayed mine it was still a grind to do getting in and out of all the tight gaps. i made sure the paint i used was satin effect as from past experience it seems to touch up better than matt and gloss.

aerosam
18th August 2009, 05:06 PM
I'm using good old hammerite, wire brushing then painting in stages, I can totally relate to it feeling like it will never end.

HandyAndy
18th August 2009, 05:15 PM
hopefully mine will be all finished painted tomorrow, as i,ve roped in fellow forum member "Tatey" who,s coming down to help out :o
i,ve bought extra brushes & another tin of paint today :D :D

andy

flyerncle
18th August 2009, 06:35 PM
I did offer......

HandyAndy
18th August 2009, 06:49 PM
I did offer......

i know you did & i sure do thank you Paul, but my van is off the road till end of the month. failed mot today on a wheel bearing, easy peasy, so i,ll replace that & tax it 1st sept.

thanks for the offer Paul :)

cheers
andy

flyerncle
18th August 2009, 11:05 PM
No probs I understand,You know where I am.

Land Locked
18th August 2009, 11:33 PM
i,m sick of the sight of bl@@dy black paint !!!

rant rant...... its not until i started to paint my chassis that i realised how much steel there is in the chassis :eek:

thankfully almost finished the painting...............:cool:

groan over with.

andy

:D
When thats all done I've a garage full of home made "bits" that need painting. Electric orange though, hope thats not a problem.:p

Edit: There's a little airbrushed sign on my garage wall saying " I hate paint" so I can relate to your feeling Andy.

HandyAndy
18th August 2009, 11:47 PM
When thats all done I've a garage full of home made "bits" that need painting. Electric orange though, hope thats not a problem.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek: runs away screaming :D

no matter how much painting i do..... there,s always a bit more that i,ve missed :o :eek:

andy

Land Locked
18th August 2009, 11:50 PM
That really made me laugh, poor man. You have my sympathy.

HandyAndy
18th August 2009, 11:56 PM
i,ll post some pics by the weekend of my chassis painted & hopefully back on wheels ,:)

if i see another tin of black paint i,ll end up with a nervous twitch :eek: :D

can,t wait to put another colour onto the car, had 1 of the side panels on the other day & i must admit it looked great, thankfully its orange not black :)

andy

HandyAndy
19th August 2009, 06:05 PM
i,d just like to say a big thanks to "Tatey" for coming over to my place & getting stuck into the painting of my chassis :cool:

i,m pleased to say that the chassis is now finished :D & all wishbones are hanging to dry & get another lick of paint tomorrow,
then i,m putting the bl@@dy paint brushes away ;) :D

Thanks Tatey

cheers
andy

Tatey
19th August 2009, 06:09 PM
Your welcome HandyAndy. Was a fun day if you ask me.