PDA

View Full Version : Metro Seat Runners

davidimurray
20th August 2009, 05:52 PM
Quick question guys - which metro seat runners are you using - I just been offered a choice of 3 door, 5 door and drivers or passenger side.

I'm guessing I want the 5 door type - but driver or passenger side?

Cheers

Dave

AshG
20th August 2009, 07:18 PM
mine were off the two front seats. im guessing you want the 5 door ones as the ones on the 3 door will prob have a tilt forward mech.

davidimurray
20th August 2009, 10:32 PM
Ash

Thanks for that - is there any difference between the drivers and passenger side units?

Cheers

Dave

AshG
21st August 2009, 12:07 AM
no but there is a little lug which is on opposite sides on each seat. It doesnt matter though as you have to chop them off as they are not needed.

davidimurray
21st August 2009, 11:46 AM
Cheers AshG

Found some for sale at £5 each and you get a choice of what you want! Once I've got mine and checked they are ok I will post the contact details up for the group.

tkpm
3rd April 2010, 10:56 AM
Hi Dave,

Did you post the contact detail for the seat runners?

davidimurray
3rd April 2010, 12:44 PM
Hi

Unfortunately that fell through as the guy had 6 metros in the yard, but when he went out out get them all of them had the seat runners missing - what are the odds on that! As they seem very difficult to get hold of now I am looking at cutting down the sierra runners like Spikehaus did.

Bonzo
3rd April 2010, 06:58 PM
I spotted a metro at the breakers a few weeks back.

Went up there the next day all tooled up to take the seat runners off .... Removed the front seat, just to find that the runners were an integral part of the seat frame :( :(

I guess that they changed the runners on the late models :rolleyes:

Back to the drawing board for me !! :D

fabbyglass
3rd April 2010, 08:20 PM
Landrover series 3 drivers seat runners are lower than Metro runners.

Bonzo
3rd April 2010, 09:14 PM
Landrover series 3 drivers seat runners are lower than Metro runners.

Probably the same ones as the 6 pairs of Triumph Vitesse ones that I weighed in for scrap just before I made my build table :eek: :o :o :D

Enoch
4th April 2010, 08:00 PM
It's quite easy to do the Sierra ones. I have a pair of the cheapo seats from Midland wheels and was too tight to fork out for the runners so I modded the sierra ones in a couple of hours. They work a treat and only raise the seat about 1/2 inch above where it would be if it was solidly mounted.

Bonzo
28th April 2010, 12:39 PM
I popped into the breakers on my way past yesterday.

Found a 1987 Metro Vanden Plas sitting in the yard .... Nabbed the seat runners .... Well , would have been rude not too :D

Being an Automatic, I noticed that it had quite a new oil cooler fitted, decent size too ... so had that as well :rolleyes:

Anyways, back to the point of this post :o

For those of you folk using the Midland, Baby Mamba seats .... The Metro runners are a direct fit to the seat.
The only alteration needed will be to the width & angle of the adjustment bar :)

Just thought it would be usefull information to some folk.

gingea1pom
28th April 2010, 01:30 PM
Seeing as Ronnie has bumped this up, I got a free set of runners if a DAF 4tonne truck that the lads were changing the seat on.:D

Sounds like they might be dodgy coming of a truck but the runner bit unbolted from the mechanism that raises and lowers the seat.

It is quite low and skinny. Might require a little fabrication to fit seats to but that’s what it’s all about!

Cheers Ginge

davidimurray
28th April 2010, 01:44 PM
I stripped one side of my passenger side sierra runner the other nut. Lovely simple job - drill out 4 rivets and you've now got a runner that is only 25mm high :D Other side is a bit more difficult as there are a few brackets welded to it. Hoping to get it on the mill tonight and machine the spot welds off.

davidimurray
28th April 2010, 10:20 PM
Grrr - what a frustrating evening. Noticed the other half of the seat runner was a bit tight, carried on spent an hour stripping all the bits off. Decided to have a look at why the runner was sticky - turns out one of the plastic roller carriages has broken and the roller can move around and jam:mad: Looks like I will be buying some seat runners after all!

Bonzo
29th April 2010, 10:15 AM
That's a bit of bad news there :(

I hate it when things go pear shaped after spending a good deal of time on something :eek:

As they say, every cloud has a silver lining .... Pm sent to you mate :)