PDA

View Full Version : Suitable alternator?

jasongray5
26th August 2009, 12:11 AM
G'day chaps
Are we all well?

Will soon be time to start thinking about a dark art call auto-electrickery

So my question to you folks is, do you reckon this fiat alternator would be any good. Its a denso unit, which is good (apparently)

All thoughts welcomeLinky (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-PUNTO-MK2-2001-1242-CC-ALTERNATOR-DENSO_W0QQitemZ270446907139QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ef7e44f03&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

HandyAndy
26th August 2009, 12:25 AM
:D well i,m well thanks .....you?

as for the denso unit...... no idea !!! :confused: :D do you not have the original?

i,m dreading the electrickery stuff :eek:

andy

jasongray5
26th August 2009, 12:33 AM
:D Not bad mate either, wee bit pished:o

The old un is too big and controlled by the ecu, so im told...?

Not dreading the electrics as its all nice and logical (most of the time!!!) Oh and i got a B in GCSE electronics a couple of years ago..?

HandyAndy
26th August 2009, 12:50 AM
electronics wasn,t invented when i was at school :eek: :D

thought you might be a bit sozzled :cool:

i,ve read elsewhere that those denso units are popular fitments on zetecs, but other than that i have no idea :o

andy

flyerncle
30th August 2009, 10:20 AM
This might help,Corsa is fitted with a tiny alternator three bolt fixing and only two wires it also has Poly-vee pulley.

jasongray5
30th August 2009, 10:50 AM
Cheers mate, im useing a ribbed pully, How hard is it going to be to change the 2 over do we think?
Cheers Guys

flyerncle
30th August 2009, 06:32 PM
I am no sparky but all it had was a large live feed (battery feed) and a wire for the battery warning light.The whole unit is about 6x8 inches and has three mounting holes 2 lower and 1 upper when fitted vertically to the rear of the engine at the O/S of the engine.
The adjuster is sprung or you could use some sort of adjustable sliding pulley and bolt to a suitable plate or the chassis, just make sure it is aligned perfectly.