PDA

View Full Version : Bike Engine

peter2482
26th August 2009, 03:53 PM
hi all, im still at the planning stage of my build, whilst i learn to weld, anyway i was wondering how hard it would be to fit a bike engine into this car, and what would the best/easiest one be to use, i know its more expensive to start with, but the running costs at the other end should be cheaper?
any help and advice greatly appreciated. :D

georgenewman1
26th August 2009, 04:13 PM
never fitted a bike engine to a locost style, but put one in a mini for racing, was pretty easy, but i have also owned many bikes and im not to sure about the running costs being cheeper. they require much more maintenance and servicing, and if they have to pull a car they tend to be very thirsty in my experience and by talkin to a few people who also did similar conversions,
sorry hope it helps:(

doop
26th August 2009, 09:39 PM
check out www.mnrltd.co.uk these have a few parts that will help you.

les g
26th August 2009, 10:44 PM
hi all, im still at the planning stage of my build, whilst i learn to weld, anyway i was wondering how hard it would be to fit a bike engine into this car, and what would the best/easiest one be to use, i know its more expensive to start with, but the running costs at the other end should be cheaper?
any help and advice greatly appreciated. :D

Wait till Slimtater gets back from oz (Tim Slater on here ) he has a bike engine in his roadster ........so it can be done
cheers les g

slimtater
27th August 2009, 12:51 PM
Wait till Slimtater gets back from oz (Tim Slater on here ) he has a bike engine in his roadster ........so it can be done
cheers les g

Still in Oz, yes it can be done and I love it! If you need any piccies or info, then let me know. Tilly who is also on here is buildong one and making a dman fin job of it too.

Tilly819
28th August 2009, 08:47 AM
Yeh its pritty easy, just make sure you get all the ancillaries with the engine like loom clocks clutch master and slave etc, engines are easy to get hold off, give malk at yorkshire engines a call he is very very GOOD.
Id make sure you are at least 900CC or more anything less than 900CC and the gear boxes dont last very well so iv been told, R1's are very popular, Slim has a Blade (fast as ****) Im using a blackbird (bit tall and unless you have a laithe then to make an adapter then the propshaft will hit the clutch slave, but on the other hand its a dam good engine,

Any questions Give us a shout i have quite a few pics as well,

If You want to come take a look then you are more than welcome im just the other side of grantham.

Chears Tilly

PS: Tim you are far to kind

les g
28th August 2009, 02:38 PM
Yeh its pritty easy, just make sure you get all the ancillaries with the engine like loom clocks clutch master and slave etc, engines are easy to get hold off, give malk at yorkshire engines a call he is very very GOOD.
Id make sure you are at least 900CC or more anything less than 900CC and the gear boxes dont last very well so iv been told, R1's are very popular, Slim has a Blade (fast as ****) Im using a blackbird (bit tall and unless you have a laithe then to make an adapter then the propshaft will hit the clutch slave, but on the other hand its a dam good engine,

Any questions Give us a shout i have quite a few pics as well,

If You want to come take a look then you are more than welcome im just the other side of grantham.

Chears Tilly

PS: Tim you are far to kind

Hi Tilly can you explain/show how you have got around the problem of the clutch cylinder housing
cheers les g

Tilly819
28th August 2009, 03:01 PM
yeh no problem il put a picture up when i get chance

Tilly

flyerncle
28th August 2009, 03:27 PM
What about reverse for the IVA,someone mentioned they had solved the problem and were going to post pictures.
I am interested to see the solution.

Tilly819
29th August 2009, 08:07 AM
What about reverse for the IVA,someone mentioned they had solved the problem and were going to post pictures.
I am interested to see the solution.

Yep i still havnt got round to that ither OOooops

flyerncle
29th August 2009, 08:55 AM
So it was you !

peter2482
1st September 2009, 05:30 PM
thanks for the info, any pictures would be greatly appreciated, :D