PDA

View Full Version : do i need the sender

semtexsteve
31st August 2009, 03:04 PM
hi i need some help do i need the sender unit from the tank or are they easy to buy of the shelf . the bolts on my tank are rusted up and been the fuel tank empty or not i dont wont to grind them please help

deezee
31st August 2009, 03:13 PM
What are we talking about here? a Sierra fuel tank? I thought the Sierra has a locking ring. I just gave mine a quick tap with a hammer and screwdriver and it spun off.

Either way, you can pick up a 250 ohm sender from the likes of Car Builder Solutions for around £25.

semtexsteve
31st August 2009, 03:23 PM
sorry yes i mean the donor car and the rusty ones are the tank mounting bolts

deezee
31st August 2009, 03:39 PM
OH, I see your dilemma. I popped some holes in my tank when it was in the air. Drained it into a jerry can and poured some absorbent granules into it, before letting it stand over night. Then I tore the thing off the car. I had the luxury of a empty workshop over a weekend, so had loads of tools and space. I also had around a dozen fire extinguishers to hand, but never had any problem.

semtexsteve
31st August 2009, 03:46 PM
thanks mate i think i will take your first idea and buy a new one as nowing my luck the whole bloody thing will go up with me under it . the more i think about it the better spending £25 sounds