PDA

View Full Version : alloy wheels fitment

HandyAndy
1st September 2009, 03:19 PM
Hi all,
can i ask if the wheels that are usually on a Ford Puma fit the sierra hubs?
they are 15inch but not sure of the offset thingy:o

they are the ones with wide flat spokes, thought these might look ok & cover the rear drums nicely:o :D

thanks
andy
ps can,t do a link to show the ones i mean :o

Bonzo
1st September 2009, 03:33 PM
Hi Andy

My fitment guide shows the following information for the Puma wheels

PCD 4 X 108

Offset 35 - 45

Bore 63.4mm

For a 15" tyre: 50 tyre profile. eg. 195/50/15 ;)

This is the same fitment requirements as the Sierra rim

I hope this helps :)

Edit

Ps. Give me the item number so as I can out bid you :D :D

HandyAndy
1st September 2009, 03:39 PM
wow thanks for that quick info Ronnie,
so they might be just the ticket for me, i can,t afford a new set during the build so if i can find some of these in the mean time then i,ll be happy with them,
i like the fact that they have wide "spokes" and so hide the weedy drums & calipers :o :D

cheers
andy:)

Tatey
1st September 2009, 03:45 PM
Andy im not sure if you already know how to do it, but to create a link in the forum to say a website or an ebay listing, click on the address at the top of your browser window, it will be something along the lines of:

http://www.websitenamehere.co.uk

It will turn blue, press Ctrl (bottom left) and the C key simulatanously. This has copied it.

To paste it into a message press Ctrl and the V key simulatanously. The forum will automatically make it a clickable link.

HandyAndy
1st September 2009, 03:46 PM
:D 150369152099 :D

will these do?

andy

Bonzo
1st September 2009, 03:48 PM
Andy im not sure if you already know how to do it, but to create a link in the forum to say a website or an ebay listing, click on the address at the top of your browser window, it will be something along the lines of:

http://www.websitenamehere.co.uk

It will turn blue, press Ctrl (bottom left) and the C key simulatanously. This has copied it.

To paste it into a message press Ctrl and the V key simulatanously. The forum will automatically make it a clickable link.

I just clicked on that link & the address can't be found :D :D

Sorry, i'll get me coat:o

Bonzo
1st September 2009, 03:52 PM
:D 150369152099 :D

will these do?

andy

Ideal

Oh what a bummer, too far away.

If only I knew someone near to there :D :D

HandyAndy
1st September 2009, 03:56 PM
thanks Tatey & Ronnie,
me & computers don,t really get along.........

copy & paste??????? i,m not wall papering the garage:eek: :D

those wheels are about 20 miles from me;)

andy

londonsean69
1st September 2009, 04:55 PM
This link covers the PCD, offset and bore of a whole range of wheel fitments

http://www.carlsalter.com/wheel_fitments.html

Sean

HandyAndy
1st September 2009, 05:04 PM
thanks for that Sean, useful link for folk.

andy

geeman
1st September 2009, 06:18 PM
While were on the subject of wheels, i found a set of 15 in alloys near me for aout £150, but the seller has only told me thay have come off a peugeot 106 so it has a bigger bore(65.1mm) and a offset of 20mm(i think) which im not sure if would be suitable?

if not, i have found many other alloys mostly which are 17in ones. I know that for optimum geometory, 15 in alloys are required, but would i encounter any problems using bigger wheels?

Thanks.

londonsean69
1st September 2009, 07:03 PM
I know that for optimum geometory, 15 in alloys are required, but would i encounter any problems using bigger wheels?

I am putting 16s on mine. I got a set for the right price, and I need them to fit my brakes behind:D

Sean

flyerncle
2nd September 2009, 10:01 PM
Peugeot/Citroen have the same PCD as Ford on the Sierra with four studs,I am lead to believe that the later wheels on the Focus etc are different.

andyp
2nd September 2009, 11:06 PM
just to add a bit peugeot/citroen have the same pcd but have an et15 off set . this would mean they would stick out a bit further

londonsean69
2nd September 2009, 11:24 PM
Peugeot/Citroen have the same PCD as Ford on the Sierra with four studs,I am lead to believe that the later wheels on the Focus etc are different.

Depends how much later you mean. I have Focus ST170 brake discs and they are 4x108 (and 300mm diameter:D) (ST170 02-04 years)

Sean

les g
3rd September 2009, 12:32 AM
Depends how much later you mean. I have Focus ST170 brake discs and they are 4x108 (and 300mm diameter:D) (ST170 02-04 years)

Sean

FFS....

gosh .......i thought ours where overkill at 260mm vented
.................................................. .................................
that will be some real stoppiing power in a roadster
hope your harness,s dont have a crutch strap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
cheers les g :D

londonsean69
3rd September 2009, 09:58 AM
FFS....

gosh .......i thought ours where overkill at 260mm vented
.................................................. .................................
that will be some real stoppiing power in a roadster
hope your harness,s dont have a crutch strap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
cheers les g :D

They were the right price - and big brakes are fun:D

They are bloody heavy though, I might look into getting the 2 piece type, with the alloy inner bell.

If they turn out to be a bit much then I may swap to smaller ones, but I also like the look of big brakes

Sean