PDA

View Full Version : Completed cars - the list returns!

Pages : [1] 2

slimtater
3rd September 2009, 05:28 PM
Hello All,
For those who remember, before the forum was attacked (and before my rather long holiday), I set up a thread to list and detail the completed Haynes Roadsters. I also purchased numbered plaques and these would be available to all those with a completed car for a very small sum.
Due to the fact that I cleared my PMs before my holiday, I don't have all the information about the list, completed cars and plaques. Therefore, I am going to have to start from scratch and would appreciate it if anyone can remember any details. I recall saying the first 5 plaques would be FOC and the rest about £2 inc P&P. The first 10 plaques are gold coloured and the rest are silver - I will try and post a picture up ASAP.
It was felt that registration date was the best point to record the completion date as SVA/IVA test pass date may not apply to some cars around the world. In the case of a car not being registered for road use, then perhaps some proof of it being used (like Longerr did with the sprint event).
So if you can help then please post the details and I will try and bring things back up to date. A picture of your car along with a brief spec will help with progress of the thread as well.
Here goes......

001-Chris G-The Book Car-????
002-slimtater(macdave69)-Fireblade powered-25/10/07
003-Frankie boy-2.1 Pinto-20/08/08
004-Dogwood-1.8 Pinto-1/2/09
005-Spud69-
006-Longerr-BMW 1.8-1/6/09
007-Neil P-Toyota 4AGE-4/9/09
008-AdrianH-1.8 CVH-26/11/09
009-AshG-TBC
010-Tilly819-Blackbird powered-25/3/10
011-7ishNZ-R1 powered-26/3/10
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
013-drury318-White with Zetec-?/5/10

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=359&d=1245345102

I think the first five now appear to be undisputed - unless anyone out there knows otherwise?!?
I plan to send these out at the end of 2009 so if you want one, PM me the details and will perhaps use Stoneleigh 2010 as the date to start issuing the next batch.

Neil P
3rd September 2009, 10:02 PM
Was it not part of this thread? http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2140&page=3&highlight=completed+cars

I think I may never get registered, DVLA are really starting to hack me off now, it's been seven weeks since my SVA and still I haven't got it on the road.

Neil

slimtater
4th September 2009, 08:02 AM
Was it not part of this thread? http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2140&page=3&highlight=completed+cars

I think I may never get registered, DVLA are really starting to hack me off now, it's been seven weeks since my SVA and still I haven't got it on the road.

Neil

It was started as a result of that thread - that was a poll to establish how many cars were being built or planned. The completed car list was the numerical record of those "finished". It sounds like you could be in the top 10 though - well done.

frankie boy
4th September 2009, 09:42 PM
HI
My car past SVA on 31st July 2008:D but took till 20th August 2008 to get my plates.:(
It has a 2.1 pinto with twin 40 DCOM Weber carbs:D I cant remember his name but I think there was one car be for me. It didn’t pass first time but had a quick retest.:confused:

dogwood
7th September 2009, 09:35 PM
Hi Guys,
Just to add mine.

1800 Pinto at the moment.
But going to do a major overhaul over the winter.
Probably still be a Pinto though,

David

drury318
7th September 2009, 09:46 PM
Sorry to butt in, but can I ask Frankieboy what colour code your car is?, it looks really well, Thanks, Dennis.

slimtater
4th October 2009, 08:31 PM
Any more out there? I am sure there are more than 6 finished. I want to make sure nobody misses out!

Neil P
4th October 2009, 10:05 PM
Mine's on the road!:D

16V Toyota 4AGE engine on MT75 gearbox. I'm on my second engine already, apparently they rev to 7800 but not to a bit over 8000:o

Passed SVA on 15th July at 2nd attempt. Got an age related plate, registered and on the road after much to-ing and fro-ing with DVLA on 4th September.

Neil

spalders
5th October 2009, 06:38 PM
Hi Neil,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread but how did you get an age related plate?! Did you 'fit' the 4age into the donor - presuming you used the Sierra. I'm interested as I also have a 4age + Sierra donor and am keen to go for an age related plate. I'm planing to use a Type 9 box though.

Spalders

Neil P
6th October 2009, 09:00 PM
There are sufficient points if you show you have used all of the parts other than the engine.

Rear axle (Diff, drive shafts, brakes), gearbox, front hubs etc and Steering column all count. You then get five points for a new chassis.
The DVLA wanted proof they were all from the same source and that the chassis was new.

I took them build photo's of the donor being dismantled, the bits being assembled onto the new chassis, Photo's of the chassis being built and receipts for the steel. They took seven weeks to decide but this was their decision to issue, I told them I wasn't that bothered, really.

Neil

spalders
7th October 2009, 10:52 PM
Hi Neil
That's really interesting - my build would be the same but I am using a type 9 box from another (unknown) donor. Do you know how the points add up?

Sorry to read youv'e blown one engine already - I chose the 4AGE as it is such a light compact unit with a bomb proof reputation. I'll keep it down to 7500 rpm!

Cheers

Spalders

axle
10th November 2009, 02:00 PM
Hi Neil
So what was the outcome, what reg did you get?

slimtater
15th November 2009, 05:22 PM
First post updated!

Neil P
16th November 2009, 08:55 AM
Hi Neil
So what was the outcome, what reg did you get?

Age related in the end. They don't rush though!

Neil

Neil P
1st December 2009, 10:48 PM
Hi Slim, do you already have the build plaques made up?

If so, would you be able to send me number 7 for me to put on my car, please? Or will that get me into trouble?

Let me have your details and I'll sort out the costs.

Cheers
Neil

slimtater
2nd December 2009, 07:05 PM
Hi Slim, do you already have the build plaques made up?

If so, would you be able to send me number 7 for me to put on my car, please? Or will that get me into trouble?

Let me have your details and I'll sort out the costs.

Cheers
Neil

Yes, I have them already made - I was trying to wait a bit as per the first post before sending them out. Must admit I am a little surprised and disappointed by a bit of a lack of response!

HandyAndy
2nd December 2009, 07:08 PM
i think this plaque is a great idea, Slim you can be sure that as soon as my car is finished & passed IVA i,ll be in touch double quick to request a plaque............. not sure what number it,ll be tho :eek: :D

cheers
andy:)

dogwood
2nd December 2009, 07:22 PM
I want mine....wanit,wanit,wanit....:D

Just didnt want to seem pushy...

David

mark
2nd December 2009, 07:25 PM
i think this plaque is a great idea, Slim you can be sure that as soon as my car is finished & passed IVA i,ll be in touch double quick to request a plaque............. not sure what number it,ll be tho :eek: :D

cheers
andy:)

It will be the number after mine :p

HandyAndy
2nd December 2009, 07:31 PM
It will be the number after mine :p

i think at the speed you are going mine will be a FEW numbers later than yours :eek: :o

andy

slimtater
2nd December 2009, 07:47 PM
I want mine....wanit,wanit,wanit....:D

Just didnt want to seem pushy...

David

Got all your info ready to send it!

slimtater
2nd December 2009, 07:47 PM
i think at the speed you are going mine will be a FEW numbers later than yours :eek: :o

andy

Gold ones are running out!

dogwood
3rd December 2009, 10:27 AM
Got all your info ready to send it!

Cool...:cool:

Cheers mate, David

Russ_16v
14th March 2010, 11:57 AM
How many completed car's do we have?

slimtater
14th March 2010, 05:59 PM
According to my list, 8 but soon to be 10 following Ash's pass and Tilly's imminent retest.

Despite the forthcoming sale of mine, I am happy to continue doing the plaques and intend bringing some to Stoneleigh.

HandyAndy
14th March 2010, 07:59 PM
Nice one Slim........ looks like i,ll be having a silver one after all :o :rolleyes: :D

well done to the newly completed cars , lets hope they are all at stoneleigh.

cheers
andy

bobbyh
14th March 2010, 08:23 PM
i am hoping to be at stoneleigh this yr and will try my best to find you guys this year i tried to find you 2 years ago but i could not.

AshG
14th March 2010, 08:30 PM
just remembered about this thread i guess i should claim no9 :D gold badge for me then :D

slimtater
26th March 2010, 06:14 PM
I have updated the list and apologise for not getting these posted out.
If people are happy with me bringing them to Stoneleigh, I will stick with that plan. If not (and for those overseas) I will post out.

twinturbo
27th March 2010, 08:31 AM
Put me down for something in the mid 20's

TT

slimtater
3rd May 2010, 09:15 PM
Well that is most of the plaques given out - just have 006 (Longerr), 007 (Neil P) and 011 (7ishNZ) to pass on from those allocated so far. Sorry I didn't see you AshG but Handy was going to pass yours on.
Please let me know if you want yours sending if you are one of the three above. I am happy to keep this going (at least up to number 040) unless anyone has any objections? Think I volunteered myself to be the registrar of the new club!! :cool:

slimtater
3rd May 2010, 09:24 PM
No problem - hope the plaque is ok.

It is the T350 which is essentially the predecessor to the Sagaris.
3.6 straight six, 350bhp, 1180kgs, no ABS, traction control etc!
I am hoping to do the odd event but on tracks with bigger run-offs!! :D

dogwood
3rd May 2010, 11:02 PM
Yea Slim thanks for my plaque as well
Chuffed to bits with it.

Sorry didn't get to thank you propper at the show.
I got dragged away....:rolleyes:
think someone was getting bored with all my nattering..

slimtater
11th May 2010, 06:02 PM
List updated - would be nice to see some pics of cars with the plaque on!

PaulFisher
16th May 2010, 10:29 AM
Slimtater - just took a look at you're roadster photos - looks immaculate...

phil clegg
22nd September 2010, 09:06 PM
mine now taxed and tested,alfa 3.0 v6

7ishNZ
1st October 2010, 08:20 PM
If you PM me your address, I will post you a few quid to cover costs to post to NZ. Thanks.

gus
4th October 2010, 04:56 PM
Hi all.

Thought I would let you know that my car passed IVA retest today just before 1pm. Straight down to Exeter DVLA with cert & came away with age related 'J' plate.

Sent all paperwork off about 6 weeks ago. DVLA didn't want to inspect my car as they said there had been a new instruction from head office saying that an IVA cert was adequate proof of engine & chassis numbers being checked. Ideal as I didn't have to hire a trailer to get the car to them.

This means I will now be able to drive the car to Exeter to put it on the 3ge stand later in the month.

Going to put plates on & go for a blast tonight.

Spec:- 1.8cvh type 9 gearbox - iva & registered 04/10/10 - 2 years to the month from buying the book.

Cheers

Gus

3GE Components
4th October 2010, 05:11 PM
Excellent news Gus,

I bet your chuffed to bits.

Kind regards

John

gus
4th October 2010, 05:16 PM
John,

The reassuring thing was watching a mega money GT40 fail iva before my retest. Proves even if you spend a fortune you are not certain of a pass.

Harsh I know on the other guy, but proves what an acheivement it is to build a car from scratch at home in the garage.

Gus

HandyAndy
4th October 2010, 05:35 PM
:cool: Fantastic news, :cool:

Well done Gus. I imagine you are grinning from ear to ear:D

Thats good news about the DVLA inspection :)

Enjoy your well deserved drive of YOUR Roadster.

cheers
andy

twinturbo
4th October 2010, 05:48 PM
Excelent well done.

TT

Bonzo
4th October 2010, 06:20 PM
Brilliant news Gus :cool:

A huge well done on turning out such a nice build, very much looking forward to seeing it for real at Exeter soon :) :)

Enjoy the drive, you have earnt it :)

David_17
4th October 2010, 07:26 PM
Great news Gus. Well done! :D

What did it fail on the first time, if you dont mind me asking. Just nice to know what to watch out for :)

AshG
4th October 2010, 07:52 PM
well done guss i recall you saying you would like it done for exeter at last years show. well you did it.

take it easy they have next to zero rear traction when the roads are damp. yes i know every one says it but i really do mean it these things are bloody fast and bite hard if your not gentle with the throttle in the damp/wet.

onwards with the celebration.

mark
4th October 2010, 08:29 PM
Well done :)

Another roadster on the road is always a good thing, enjoy.

As ash says they are tail happy in the wet....... great fun, wish mine had an engine in coz i fancy a late night blast too!

davidimurray
4th October 2010, 08:36 PM
Congratulations Gus

I'm looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh at Exeter.:D

davedew
4th October 2010, 09:38 PM
Just been out round the block with gus. What a rush. Acceleration is rapid to say the least. Makes me want to get mine finished. Just need to rob a bank and get more hours in the day lol.

Well done mate. Looking forward to the lifts to work. Only when it's not raining mind.

Twin
4th October 2010, 10:10 PM
Well done Gus, enjoy your ride :)

gus
5th October 2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys. When I got back from Dave Dew's last night I was on such a high (natural) I couldn't sleep. The thing steers like it's on rails.

Original failure points were as follows.

1. Excessive handbrake travel. Examiner has to apply a load similar to 40kg, ie wrench handbrake as hard as possible. Cable clamps slipped on the cable as I had not removed the plastic covering. doh.

2. Foglight was only 'E' marked. No B or F markings.

3. Speedo readings were out, ie cable snapped on way to test. Bo**ocks. At least it failed on something else as this would have been really annoying.

So all in all a good fail but a shame it cost another £90. Well worth it now I have driven it on the open road.

Looking forward to seeing some of you in a few weeks time.

Cheers

Gus

AshG
5th October 2010, 09:28 AM
No need to start a new thread. I can update the list if slim no longer wants to.

slimtater
9th October 2010, 11:12 AM
No need to start a new thread. I can update the list if slim no longer wants to.

Not been on here much lately - still have all the plaques and it appears a few need sending out. Happy to do this or hand over the baton to someone else....

Neil P
13th October 2010, 09:59 PM
Slim,

sent you a PM a while ago with my address etc. but I did see that you hadn't been on in a while. Going to paint it over the winter so a nice plaque to go on when it's finally shiny would be great.

Neil

DaddyA
22nd November 2010, 08:12 PM
Hi,

just in case you didn't know. Mine PASSED and was registered on the 17th Nov 2010. In Rape Yellow, 1.8 CVH for now.

How do I get my plaque (if there still going?).

slimtater
20th January 2011, 10:16 PM
Still got all the plaques - if anyone wants them to take charge of distribution, I can pass them on.

Twin
21st January 2011, 08:46 AM
I don't mind doing it!

Longerr
3rd April 2011, 10:05 PM
So who should I write to when I want one, we finished our project in 2009

Neil P
6th April 2011, 06:26 PM
Mines also been finished two years. I've put entries on here and sent PMs but had no success.

Neil

carlknight1982
18th August 2011, 11:40 PM
Finished Today 18/08/2011 2.0 Pinto

noteable point i believe its the first roadster to pass IVA with disc rear brakes.

Tim Taylor
1st December 2011, 02:11 AM
Don't know if you are counting completed builds in the States but I have completed my project and it is now registered with over 300 miles on it. Probably the most traditional Haynes build in the USA only differences being the steering wheel is on the correct side of the car ;) and I have a 2.3 with a turbo.

Build details can be found here:
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5932

TSM Locost
1st December 2011, 09:49 AM
Hi Tim.
Just read your Build Diary and was surprised that raising the nose did not spoil the looks, nice colour and tidy build. Bit lucky with no oil pump working. :)

Tim Taylor
2nd December 2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks, I had a great time building and learned a lot in the process. I thought the orange would make the car nice and visible on the road.

twinturbo
3rd December 2011, 11:22 AM
Looks good Tim :)

TT

slimtater
27th January 2013, 07:59 PM
Blast from the past?

During a house move sort out, I have found the remaining plaques etc. If anyone would like them to take over the list and distribution, pm me - ideally with the support of a moderator and I will post them all out.

slimtater
14th February 2013, 08:23 PM
Hello again.

If you want to stake a claim for one of these plaques, just update the list (copy n paste to your reply, adding your number/date) and then PM me. For the small sum of £2, I will post out your plaque to you. Sorry but I cannot find the certificates that I did but I still have plaques 006, 007 and 011 from the original list but no contact details.

I have also found 3 new Roadster decals that I had made up - 1 each of blue, white and grey; if anyone wants one, PM and they would also be £2 each.

http://thumbsnap.com/i/WVcGV3Ze.jpg
http://thumbsnap.com/i/3bbd3uF1.jpg
http://thumbsnap.com/i/aWN3t0bG.jpg

Spikehaus
14th February 2013, 09:14 PM
Put me down for one, PM me how to make payment. My IVA is booked for early April, so no not sure what number I will be?

005-Spud69-
009-AshG-TBC
011-7ishNZ-R1 powered-26/3/10
012-mark-???????-?/5/10

??? Spikehaus 2.8 V6 IVA Booked for 10th April 2013 - Wish me luck!

Happy to take the list if no other takers, I notice DaddyD is not on the list, he past a long time ago?

jason
15th February 2013, 09:27 AM
I would like one too please.

Good luck Spikehaus. I have my 2.8 V6 booked for 26th of this month. Yours looks fabulous, i love what you have done with the MFI distribution block.

http://s1323.beta.photobucket.com/user/jason66610

K4KEV
15th February 2013, 10:33 AM
I would like one too ,but like as mentioned I have no idea what No I would be !

Davidbolam
15th February 2013, 12:45 PM
Can I buy a grey roadster sticker

Thanks

David

carlknight1982
15th February 2013, 01:15 PM
I'd like a plate and the white roadster sticker please

Iva passed 18/8/11

Richard Dryden
15th February 2013, 07:14 PM
Could I have the black sticker please, unfortunately can't lay claim to a plaque as not finished yet, hopefully one day though

slimtater
15th February 2013, 07:18 PM
Could I have the black sticker please, unfortunately can't lay claim to a plaque as not finished yet, hopefully one day though

There isn't a black one - just a blue one left?

If those wanting the stickers PM me with your name and address and I will give you my email address to PayPal payment unless you request some other means.

I will be happy to post out plaques but after being off the forum for 2 years, may need a bit of help getting the list sorted (unless people just one to go for first come first served numerical order?)

Tim

Richard Dryden
15th February 2013, 09:21 PM
Did mean the blue one , its been a long day. Pm sent

alga
15th February 2013, 11:21 PM
Heh, I figure there's already more than 20 roadsters registered, so not much hope for getting a plaque for the rest of us, but the stickers are an awesome idea! I suppose it would make sense to do a group buy, have just 2 or 3 colours (black, silver, white?) and have them cut in bulk.

slimtater
16th February 2013, 08:40 AM
Heh, I figure there's already more than 20 roadsters registered, so not much hope for getting a plaque for the rest of us, but the stickers are an awesome idea! I suppose it would make sense to do a group buy, have just 2 or 3 colours (black, silver, white?) and have them cut in bulk.

Worry not, I have plaques up to 040!

jiwillia
16th February 2013, 09:13 AM
Hello again.

If you want to stake a claim for one of these plaques, just update the list (copy n paste to your reply, adding your number/date) and then PM me. For the small sum of £2, I will post out your plaque to you. Sorry but I cannot find the certificates that I did but I still have plaques 006, 007 and 011 from the original list but no contact details.

I have also found 3 new Roadster decals that I had made up - 1 each of blue, white and grey; if anyone wants one, PM and they would also be £2 each.

Hi,
+1 plaque for me please:

jiwillia Sierra DOHC 2.0l 14/3/2012

Thanks John Williams

slimtater
16th February 2013, 10:04 AM
OK, clearly there is a gap between no. 013 and the latest builds so I will give it a week to see if we can fill the gap before allocating from no. 014 onward:

005-Spud69-
006-Longerr-BMW 1.8-1/6/09 STILL HAVE PLAQUE - CONTACT DETAILS REQUIRED
007-Neil P-Toyota 4AGE-4/9/09 STILL HAVE PLAQUE - CONTACT DETAILS REQUIRED
009-AshG-TBC
011-7ishNZ-R1 powered-26/3/10 STILL HAVE PLAQUE - CONTACT DETAILS REQUIRED
012-mark-???????-?/5/10

TO ALLOCATE NUMBER AND SEND:

??? DaddyA 17th Nov 2010. In Rape Yellow, 1.8 CVH for now
??? carlknight1982 Iva passed 18/8/11
??? Tim Taylor Dec 2011 2.3 with a turbo
??? jiwillia Sierra DOHC 2.0l 14/3/2012
??? jason I have my 2.8 V6 booked for 26th of this month

slimtater
17th February 2013, 11:33 AM
3 stickers now sold and payments received thank you. I will post these out Mon/Tue.

:)

carlknight1982
20th February 2013, 05:50 PM
Sticker received with thanks

Neil P
12th March 2013, 09:11 PM
Hi Slim,

mine is number seven on the list. I'm still keen to get the plaque on! I've sent you a PM with my address etc.

Cheers

Neil

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93999508@N07/8553274158/in/photostream/

slimtater
16th March 2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks Neil - really sorry for the epic delay and I have PM'd you back.

slimtater
16th March 2013, 09:44 PM
005-Spud69-
007-Neil P-Toyota 4AGE-4/9/09 Deservedly getting a plaques after 3 + years!
009-AshG-TBC
012-mark-???????-?/5/10

If anyone knows of any reason why DaddyA is not # 014 please speak now or forever hold your silence...... :)

gus
17th March 2013, 07:02 PM
Hi,14 Phil Clegg then 15 Gus iva 4/10/2010. All on page 4 of this thread.

Gus

slimtater
17th March 2013, 10:14 PM
Thanks Gus - list updated. PM if you want a plaque.

005-Spud69-
009-AshG-TBC
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
014-phil clegg - Alfa V6 Sept 2010 - PLAQUE AVAILABLE
015-gus - 1.8 cvh 4/10/10 - PLAQUE AVAILABLE

jiwillia
18th March 2013, 09:03 AM
Hi, please can you add me as no.016

jiwillia Sierra DOHC 2.0l passed IVA 14/3/2012.

I'll PM you with my details for plaque.

Cheers

John W

slimtater
18th March 2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks John W - I have PM'd you. I make you no. 019 according to completion dates:

005-Spud69-
009-AshG-TBC
012-mark-???????-?/5/10

013-drury318-White with Zetec-?/5/10 - PLAQUE AVAILABLE
016 DaddyA 17th Nov 2010. In Rape Yellow, 1.8 CVH for now - PLAQUE AVAILABLE

A BIT OF A GAP?

017 carlknight1982 Iva passed 18/8/11 - PLAQUE AVAILABLE
018 Tim Taylor Dec 2011 2.3 with a turbo - PLAQUE AVAILABLE
019 jiwillia Sierra DOHC 2.0l 14/3/2012 - PLAQUE AVAILABLE

TO ALLOCATE:

There is quite a gap between 016 and 017 - does anyone know of a Roadster finished between Nov 2010 and August 2011?

alga
18th March 2013, 09:19 PM
There is quite a gap between 016 and 017 - does anyone know of a Roadster finished between Nov 2010 and August 2011?

Looks like that is indeed so. I've searched for 'passed' and carefully flipped through the results. There were no reports IVA passes during that time. Chunky2772 tried and failed on emissions, Enoch finished his car and sold up before IVA.

slimtater
19th March 2013, 07:00 AM
Looks like that is indeed so. I've searched for 'passed' and carefully flipped through the results. There were no reports IVA passes during that time. Chunky2772 tried and failed on emissions, Enoch finished his car and sold up before IVA.

Thanks Albert - it looks like the numbers can be set in tone then. :)

slimtater
19th March 2013, 09:37 PM
005-Spud69-
009-AshG-TBC
012-mark-???????-?/5/10

017 carlknight1982 Iva passed 18/8/11 - in the post
019 jiwillia Sierra DOHC 2.0l 14/3/2012 - PLAQUE AVAILABLE AND READY TO POST

TO ALLOCATE:

jason
22nd March 2013, 02:36 PM
Hi. Having passed the IVA today, i guess i am no. 20. I would love a plaque and a sticker if you have any left please.

Cheers

slimtater
22nd March 2013, 08:09 PM
Great news Jason - well done. No stickers left I am afraid but PM me with details for a plaque and I will reply with PayPal info.

005-Spud69-
009-AshG-TBC
012-mark-???????-?/5/10

017 carlknight1982 Iva passed 18/8/11
019 jiwillia Sierra DOHC 2.0l 14/3/2012 - PLAQUE AVAILABLE AND READY TO POST
020 jason I have my 2.8 V6 IVA passed 22/3/13 - PLAQUE READY TO POST

TO ALLOCATE:

carlknight1982
23rd March 2013, 11:17 AM
Plaque received will be fitting this week when engine bay is redone so will post a pic then

jason
29th March 2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the plaque, looks very nice on my dashboard.

Cheers.

alga
28th April 2013, 06:37 PM
Count me in! The (very lax) equivalent of IVA passed in Warsaw, Poland on Saturday, 27 April, 2013! 1993 Zetec 2.0 on factory ECU. Now a couple of weeks and I should have it legally on the road back home!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/422090_10151883133168332_127734284_n.jpg

Also please add Kiwi car to the list: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12633

K4KEV
28th April 2013, 07:01 PM
whey heeeyy ....way to go Albert, nice one dude well pleased for you and you must be buzzin right now, nice time of the year to get it on the road.

Johno
28th April 2013, 07:56 PM
Wow, is that a big smile on your face I see....:D

Good job on passing buddy (you kept this date a secret):)
You've been up against it at times but that smile sums up what it's all about..:D :D

slimtater
28th April 2013, 08:40 PM
Wow that is great news but do I have to do a time zone check to work out who is 21 and 22 between alga and kiwi?

005-Spud69-
009-AshG-TBC
012-mark-???????-?/5/10

019 jiwillia Sierra DOHC 2.0l 14/3/2012
020 jason I have my 2.8 V6 IVA passed 22/3/13

ayjay
28th April 2013, 09:33 PM
Well done Albert .:) I am really pleased for you .I suspect you will soon be famous in your area:D :D

alga
29th April 2013, 10:51 AM
Wow that is great news but do I have to do a time zone check to work out who is 21 and 22 between alga and kiwi?

Kiwi car is definitely first, he posted his pics before I even went to the station, besides he's on the road already.

Thanks guys!

deezee
29th April 2013, 05:17 PM
OHHHHH My car isn't even on the list? It was registered with the DVLA on the 15th of May 2012. Its got a 2.0L 16v RS2000 engine. I've included a photo from last year as well

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8350/8185596412_3e57c338d3_c.jpg

CTWV50
29th April 2013, 05:50 PM
OHHHHH My car isn't even on the list? It was registered with the DVLA on the 15th of May 2012. Its got a 2.0L 16v RS2000 engine. I've included a photo from last year as well

THat looks very nice!:cool:

slimtater
29th April 2013, 08:52 PM

Oh dear, sorry about that deezee - I did try and get as many updates before allocating plaques again. Would you be happy with no. 021?

slimtater
29th April 2013, 08:56 PM
005-Spud69-
009-AshG-TBC
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
021 deezee? 15/5/12 - should have been no. 020 :-( PLAQUE AVAILABLE
022 Kiwi car - PLAQUE AVAILABLE
023 alga - Payment received - plaque sent

Again, if anyone wants a numbered plaque, just PM me and I will ask for a postage address and a small PayPal payment to cover cost and UK postage. (£3)

baz-r
29th April 2013, 11:53 PM
oh god i need to make the top 30! iva booked and waiting test date

slimtater
6th May 2013, 02:08 PM
Updated after hearing from Longerr :)

005-Spud69-
006-Longerr-BMW 1.8-1/6/09 PLAQUE READY TO SEND
009-AshG-2.0 saab Turbo 25/2/10
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
TBC:
024 Longerr - Duratec -Date? PLAQUE READY TO SEND

alga
9th May 2013, 12:53 PM
Got the plaque! Thanks Slim!

Now I'm in thoughts about where to stick it. Dashboard? Going to replace it. Next to the VIN plate on the bulkhead? Outside on the side of the scutte? On the rear tub? Where do you guys put them?

slimtater
21st May 2013, 09:47 PM
005-Spud69-
009-AshG-2.0 saab Turbo 25/2/10
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
025 Could be Spike.....

baz-r
26th June 2013, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=slimtater;90431]001-Chris G-The Book Car-????
005-Spud69-
009-AshG-was pinto now 2.0 saab Turbo 25/2/10
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
025 baz-r light blue/black 1800zetec/type9 iva pass 24/6/13

slimtater
27th June 2013, 09:41 PM
Congrats baz-r, your plaque will be in the post tomorrow or Saturday.

I still have quite a few of the first 25 still to send if anyone knows of any other builders listed where it states PLAQUE AVAILABLE?

slimtater
27th June 2013, 09:56 PM
002-slimtater(macdave69)-Fireblade powered-25/10/07 but now sold
005-Spud69-
011-7ishNZ-R1 powered-26/3/10 PLAQUE READY TO SEND
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
015-gus - 1.8 cvh 4/10/10 - PLAQUE AVAILABLE car went to Yodi and then sold again?
022 Kiwi car - Toyota 2lt - 27/4/13
023 alga - May 2013

raceral
30th June 2013, 07:38 PM

Mine was finished between that period, but I don't really know if it qualifies with the V6 and other changes I made to the Haynes chassis.
If it doesn't I quite understand.:)

Al

baz-r
1st July 2013, 09:34 PM
Mine was finished between that period, but I don't really know if it qualifies with the V6 and other changes I made to the Haynes chassis.
If it doesn't I quite understand.:)

Al

i would say its a "locost" going from the rear end design

raceral
3rd July 2013, 02:43 AM
i would say its a "locost" going from the rear end design

Certainly a fair statement that I do agree with for sure.
Never hurts to inquire.:)

Al

slimtater
3rd July 2013, 08:12 AM
I could let you have half a plaque? ;-)

To be honest, I would have to take a view from others as to how near to a Haynes Roadster it is - perhaps you could have a vote?

thailoz
4th July 2013, 12:19 AM
I my opinion the large part of the car is Haynes roadster ok the front wish bones uprights etc are different.

but the main change is the fact he is using a live rear axle .

does that really make it a locost ?

if you want to be true to Haynes then any variation from the book could be called something else eg mx donor etc etc

My vote would be a Haynes.:D

raceral
4th July 2013, 01:20 AM
I don't wish to really put the members into position of voting or not and perhaps in hindsight I probably shouldn't have asked, because deep down I have mixed feelings my self.
The car clearly started out as a Haynes build in overall dimensions and still is.
Your body panels will fit my car.
My nosecone is a Haynes nosecone.
My lower A arms are made from the same jig as as in the Haynes book size wise, design wise I have changed them to suit what I had to work with.
Scuttle dimensionally is correct, windshield is correct.
But from that point on I deviated because to be honest there are no donor cars anywhere in my area and also the Mercur XR4Ti is so rare here it has become its own collector car, aka not cheap.
So in someways I feel somewhat attached to Haynes, but let's face it, can we say black sheep of the Haynes family.:eek:
So as I am more than happy to just be part of the forum group, I don't always post often, but I do visit and read what others are doing.

So if it is ok with you all, we can just forget my original comments they are not really relevant to the original Haynes concept.
In the end it is being part of this group that really counts.

Al

voucht
4th July 2013, 10:10 AM
The car clearly started out as a Haynes build in overall dimensions and still is.
Your body panels will fit my car.
My nosecone is a Haynes nosecone.
My lower A arms are made from the same jig as as in the Haynes book size wise, design wise I have changed them to suit what I had to work with.
Scuttle dimensionally is correct, windshield is correct.

So, to me it is a Haynes Roadster, whatever is inside.
Just my opinion :)

skov
4th July 2013, 01:09 PM
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
015-gus - 1.8 cvh 4/10/10 - PLAQUE AVAILABLE car went to Yodi and then sold again?
023 alga - May 2013
026 Skov - MX5 - IVA Pass 4/7/13

CTWV50
4th July 2013, 01:12 PM
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

OH YES!!!!!

skov
4th July 2013, 03:38 PM
OH YES!!!!!

My sentiments exactly :D

ayjay
4th July 2013, 05:44 PM
:D OH YES!!!!!

:D :D :D

Spikehaus
22nd July 2013, 05:12 PM
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013
027 Spikehaus - 2.8 V6 - IVA Pass 22/7/13

ayjay
28th August 2013, 08:15 PM
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013
028 Ayjay-1.8 CVH-IVA passed 28/8/2013

jason 82
28th August 2013, 09:25 PM
Well done ajay, congratulations !

TheArf
2nd September 2013, 01:06 PM
Well mate, I need to get my finger out now and use your car as inspiration to get done

Arfon

slimtater
17th September 2013, 07:34 AM
005-Spud69-
006-Longerr-BMW 1.8-1/6/09 PLAQUE SENT
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013
024 Longerr - Duratec -Date? PLAQUE SENT

029 raceral - haynes by concensus?

Plaques 026 onwards are available - I am not on here much but drop me a PM and I will respond asap.

davidimurray
8th November 2013, 01:01 PM
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

030 Davidimurray - 1.8 Pinto - IVA Passed 6/11/13

K4KEV
14th November 2013, 08:40 PM
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

031 K4KEV- Nissan CA18DET_1.8 turbo pass 14.11.13

Gallery 5 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150244028550325.366987.601005324&l=583fd5 cd3a
Gallery 6 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150550640070325.430417.601005324&type=1&l =fe779b358c

skov
15th November 2013, 01:10 PM

Well done Kev!!!

flyerncle
15th November 2013, 02:31 PM
Knew you would sort it.;)

Hoybi
18th November 2013, 09:43 AM
Hello all you enthousiasts,

Yesterday we had the roll-out of our Haynes Roadster.
It has been mentioned before on this forum, we've been building it over the past 4 years. From the outset we were going for a trackday-only car, to be finished with our joint basic knowledge of cars, welding and problem solution.
This car has been built to book spec, based on Ford Sierra mechanics with the 2 liter Pinto engine (SOHC)
It will take another couple of weeks to finish the car to a "ready for track use" state.
I would appreciate it if we were granted an official plaque.

Eddy

Luke2842
23rd November 2013, 10:50 AM
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

032 Luke2842 - 2.0 DOHC - IVA passed 17/10/13

Sorry I've posted it late - only just found the thread.

Spikehaus
4th December 2013, 07:48 AM
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

Sorry I've posted it late - only just found the thread.

Any ideas on the IVA status / dates of the following cars? Or nearly complete cars? Maybe nice to add these cars to a secondary list.

Handy Andy
Ashton R
Rich
Adrian Reeve

flyerncle
4th December 2013, 08:19 AM
Handy had his up for sale but unknown if he sold it.

SeriesLandy
4th December 2013, 08:23 PM
Ashton R - nov 2011 (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=72739&postcount=13)

rich
4th December 2013, 08:38 PM
Mine passed IVA and registered August 2012

ayjay
4th December 2013, 10:08 PM
Hello all you enthousiasts,

Yesterday we had the roll-out of our Haynes Roadster.
It has been mentioned before on this forum, we've been building it over the past 4 years. From the outset we were going for a trackday-only car, to be finished with our joint basic knowledge of cars, welding and problem solution.
This car has been built to book spec, based on Ford Sierra mechanics with the 2 liter Pinto engine (SOHC)
It will take another couple of weeks to finish the car to a "ready for track use" state.
I would appreciate it if we were granted an official plaque.

Eddy
Just noticed that no one seems to have responded to this

swanntech
14th January 2014, 08:36 PM
.hi could you add my roadster to the list please .It passed iva in nov 2012.it did have a 1.8 cvh but i am currently swopping it for a 20 xe redtop.Cheers swantech

ayjay
14th January 2014, 09:07 PM
Lets see a photo then ;)
Show us wotchergot:)

axle
5th March 2014, 08:09 PM
Hi All
I have passed today , thanks to all of you and a special mention to spike.

Any ideas on the IVA status / dates of the following cars? Or nearly complete cars? Maybe nice to add these cars to a secondary list.

Handy Andy
Ashton R
Rich
Adrian Reeve

swanntech
5th April 2014, 09:44 AM
sa 400213 400214

swanntech
5th April 2014, 11:03 AM
http:/http//www flickr.com.photos400213./

voucht
5th April 2014, 12:10 PM
We can't see the pictures.
You have to copy the BB code of the picture on flick-r and paste it here.

swanntech
17th April 2014, 11:24 PM
flikr photos

voucht
18th April 2014, 07:59 AM
I'm afraid we still can't see your pictures. None of the links are working. There is something you should not be doing correctly.

To share a picture from your flickr library on the forum:
- In flickr, click on one of your pictures to “open" it,
- at the bottom right of the screen you will see an icon representing an arrow going out from a square (a screen) which is the “share” icon. Click on it, it will open small white window,
- click on “Copy HTML/BB Code” at the bottom of this small window,
- the new small window will have a frame with some kind of code inside, and 3 button to chose from*: “Embed”, “HTML” and “BB Code”. Click on “BB code” to select this kind of code,
- now, click on the code inside the frame (one click anywhere on the code is enough to select it completely),
- copy
- paste it in your post on the forum. You can do this up to 4 times in the same post (=4 pictures maximum per post)
- check with a “preview” of your post before posting it to make sure the pictures appear.

Hope this will help :)

davedew
2nd May 2014, 01:35 PM
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

033 Davedew - 1.6 CVH, Bike Carbs, Megajolt - IVA passed 09/04/14 - On the road 02/05/14

StruveD
25th June 2014, 03:35 AM
034 DaveStruve - 1.6 Mazda Mx-5 - On the road 09/05/14

TheArf
25th June 2014, 08:44 AM
Congratulations that man, well done

Arfon

SeriesLandy
1st July 2014, 02:00 PM
035-SeriesLandy-1.8 Pinto-1-7-14

005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013
033 Davedew - 1.6 CVH, Bike Carbs, Megajolt - IVA passed 09/04/14 - On the road 02/05/14
035 SeriesLandy 1.8 Pinto IVA 6-6-14 OTR 1-7-14

jps
1st July 2014, 03:20 PM
Congratulations!!

Stot
21st August 2014, 10:47 AM
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013
036 Stot - 1.6 Mazda Mx5 - Registered 18-08-14

Maybe 37 if Powler has already registered but not posted??

Cheers
Stot

Peter-C
3rd September 2014, 11:56 AM
V5C just arrived, registered 01 09 2014. Gonna get some plates and go for a drive.

Davidbolam
3rd September 2014, 12:16 PM
How do we go about getting the plaques?

David

gaz05
6th September 2014, 11:36 PM
I'm just waiting for an IVA retest so may be putting my name to the list soon.

Emmisions were high so got retest next Monday.Then the dreaded DVLA.

slimtater
17th September 2014, 07:50 PM
How do we go about getting the plaques?

David

Hello,

Not been on here for quite a while. I moved house last year and the remaining plaques were boxed up and I haven't found them yet. Once I do, I will post on here but will probably want to pass them on to someone else to "manage".

I think I had about 20 to 30 left and was only charging £2 for them.

Tim

swanntech
21st September 2014, 07:59 PM
hi still cant get my pictures up on flikr but it was in august isue of ckc .

Peter-C
23rd September 2014, 07:00 PM
I assume I am Number 37 on the completed car list - registered 1st Sept 2014.

raceral
23rd September 2014, 07:23 PM
Wonder what ever happened to my consensus??:)

Al

alga
23rd September 2014, 09:40 PM
You're in the list at nr 29, not good enough?

swanntech
23rd September 2014, 09:50 PM
trying to show pictures of mine on photobucket but still cant work it out

SeriesLandy
23rd September 2014, 10:52 PM
trying to show pictures of mine on photobucket but still cant work it out

http://i58.tinypic.com/2na2luw.jpg

raceral
23rd September 2014, 10:56 PM
You're in the list at nr 29, not good enough?

Thats kind of rudely abrupt...
Of course it is good enough, at the time I thought we were talking about purchasing a plaque in conjunction with the list and I never heard anything more about it.

Davidbolam
24th September 2014, 04:32 PM
My v5 arrived this afternoon so it is officially finished. I can't work out what number I should be ..... Probably 38 which is also my age tomorrow!

Now for the next project

Jdt minimax?? It has to be easier than a car!

CTWV50
24th September 2014, 05:51 PM
My v5 arrived this afternoon so it is officially finished. I can't work out what number I should be ..... Probably 38 which is also my age tomorrow!

Now for the next project

Jdt minimax?? It has to be easier than a car!

Well done, I'll be in touch with all m form questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfR5f1sB9Mc

Woah!:D

SeriesLandy
24th September 2014, 05:54 PM
Well done, I'll be in touch with all m form questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfR5f1sB9Mc

Woah!:D

If you need a hand. Send me a pm.

CTWV50
24th September 2014, 05:56 PM
If you need a hand. Send me a pm.

OK Thanks. I hate forms. I see ambiguity everywhere! My wife does all the forms in this house.

SeriesLandy
24th September 2014, 06:04 PM
The v55/5 was quite easy. There is a guide online if you google it.
The v627 was a bit harder.
As far as I can tell (and they didn't question my application) your car details go in the top right (not the donor) and the rest of the details are for the components.
With the receipts make sure that the chassis one says "new and unused on it". If it doesn't use word to add it in :rolleyes:

Davidbolam
24th September 2014, 10:47 PM
As far as I can tell (and they didn't question my application) your car details go in the top right (not the donor) and the rest of the details are for the components.
With the receipts make sure that the chassis one says "new and unused on it". If it doesn't use word to add it in :rolleyes:

if you got the vin number from the dvla I would pop a copy of the letter in as well. mine was delayed as the vin number wasn't on the Saturn invoice! I had to tell them the number was issued by them.

anyway good look with the forms and drop me a line if you need any help

David

CTWV50
25th September 2014, 03:58 PM

if you got the vin number from the dvla I would pop a copy of the letter in as well. mine was delayed as the vin number wasn't on the Saturn invoice! I had to tell them the number was issued by them.

anyway good look with the forms and drop me a line if you need any help

David

Good info thanks, I will be in touch!:)

CTWV50
25th September 2014, 04:01 PM
What's the V627 for? Does every one need to do that one?

Stot
25th September 2014, 05:10 PM
I put up all my forms in a new thread here if it helps. (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13490)

Cheers
Stot

alga
28th September 2014, 12:22 PM
Thats kind of rudely abrupt...
Of course it is good enough, at the time I thought we were talking about purchasing a plaque in conjunction with the list and I never heard anything more about it.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude! :) Try PM'ing slimtater, I think he's still distributing the plaques.

Albertas

raceral
29th September 2014, 08:39 PM
Just one of those things that happen, I know doubt over reacted.
No harm done.
I will check with slimtater about the plaques.

Al

Davidbolam
2nd October 2014, 02:34 PM
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013
037 Powler registered 1st Sept 2014??
038 DavidBolam - On the road 24-09-2014. 1.6 Mazda MX5

SeriesLandy
2nd October 2014, 09:56 PM
With regard to 'late entry's' is the consensus to add them to the end as swanntech pm'd me about adding but his was completed in nov 2012 but be 39 instead of mid 20's.

It would be nice to have them in numerical order but also a faff.

Original post (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=95387&postcount=138)

Davidbolam
3rd October 2014, 08:11 AM
With regard to 'late entry's' is the consensus to add them to the end as swanntech pm'd me about adding but his was completed in nov 2012 but be 39 instead of mid 20's.

It would be nice to have them in numerical order but also a faff.

Original post (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=95387&postcount=138)

I agree.

I would like to order a plaque for mine - are there any picture of what they look like. I might make my own sticker

swanntech
3rd October 2014, 06:29 PM
hi i am not bohtered if mine added to end of list it would just be nice to see it there.

Davidbolam
3rd October 2014, 07:17 PM
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013
039 Swanntech - registered November 2012. 2.0 vauxhall

alga
5th October 2014, 08:25 PM
I agree.

I would like to order a plaque for mine - are there any picture of what they look like. I might make my own sticker

There are, on the page 7 of this thread:

Hello again.

SeriesLandy
5th October 2014, 09:15 PM
If the plaques don't get found. You can get them off eBay for £2.60. That is what my manufactures plate is.

gaz05
16th October 2014, 09:01 PM
Can I be added to the list please? Passed IVA 15th September and got my log book today. Age related plate. 2.0L silvertop and type 9. There were times when I thought I'd never get there. Just need to fit the plates and get out for a blast. And the forecast is crap for the next few days.

Oh and I really need to edit my sig. That £3k was blown out of the water. With everything in it was more like 5.5k

twinturbo
16th October 2014, 09:15 PM
Well Done Gaz,

I dropped into Hexham from Alston on sunday having come from Brough.. Sadly was in my Daily ( BMW 530D ) not something nimble, but the roads were still fun.

TT

Hoybi
17th October 2014, 01:35 PM
Hello all,

yesterday, my Roadster has been tested on the track and declared track-ready by one of the better belgian race car drivers. (see picture attached)
It's been built over a period of seven years as a book spec race-track-only Roadster, bases on the Sierra 2 litre SOHC.

The car will be on the racing track in Zolder (belgium) next tuesday to give handicapped children an unforgettable day....and the builders too at the same time.

So this is my official request to be added to the list of finished cars.
Thanks to everyone for the very useful information that I got from this forum.

Eddy

Davidbolam
17th October 2014, 04:19 PM
Can I be added to the list please? Passed IVA 15th September and got my log book today. Age related plate. 2.0L silvertop and type 9. There were times when I thought I'd never get there. Just need to fit the plates and get out for a blast. And the forecast is crap for the next few days.

Oh and I really need to edit my sig. That £3k was blown out of the water. With everything in it was more like 5.5k

Well done. Have you got any photos?

David

gaz05
17th October 2014, 08:56 PM
Well done. Have you got any photos?

David
I'll try to get some this weekend

slimtater
19th October 2014, 05:49 PM
Hello,

Just to let you know I have found the plaques. I still have numbers 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 21 and then from 26 through to 40. I am sure some of the early cars have been sold on but it would be nice to reunite them with their plaque.

I am in two minds what to do given that I have sold my Haynes and get little time to spend on the forum now. If someone wants to take this on, I will let the 22 remaining plaques go to one person for £20 inc P&P just to recover some of my original costs.

Alternatively, I will restart selling them individually for £2.50 inc P&P (UK only - overseas would need to be at additional cost). Doing it this way will be a bit slower and would mean that I will have to take it in good faith that the list is correct. PM with name, address, car number and I will send my PayPal payment details.

Thanks,

Tim (slimtater)

slimtater
19th October 2014, 05:56 PM
Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013
024 Longerr - Duratec -Date?

Where are these now:

I have plaques for #26 to 40:
039 Swanntech - registered November 2012. 2.0 vauxhall SHOULD THIS BE #26 AND ALL OTHERS MOVE DOWN ONE PLACE?
040 Hoybi 2lt Pinto October 2014

SeriesLandy
19th October 2014, 06:05 PM
In theory swanntech should be #20, so is it better to just keep it as it is?

I'm quite happy to buy the plaque for my car

voucht
22nd November 2014, 11:45 AM
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013
039 Swanntech - registered November 2012. 2.0 vauxhall SHOULD THIS BE #26 AND ALL OTHERS MOVE DOWN ONE PLACE?
041 Voucht (Sylvain) - 2.0i DOHC - Swedish Registration Inspection passed on 21/11/2014 in Växjö (Sweden)

voucht
22nd November 2014, 11:53 AM
Looks like I'm number 41! :)

I've been dreaming so many times of the day I will add my name and car to this list, and now it is reality. I still can't believe it!

I've got my plate number, and will receive the number plates shortly. I'm going to get a road insurance first thing on Monday.

Now I just have to be patient and wait until April or May to really enjoy the Roadster: temperatures here are bellow zero now, and it looks like first snow is coming next week.

But what a relief !!! :)

tarantula
22nd November 2014, 06:35 PM
I've just bought Frankie Boys one (No. 3) but no plaque included. :( Sure a few rapid drives will help me get over it though! :D

voucht
22nd November 2014, 06:41 PM
Yes, and I forgot: if Slimtater sees this, I'm also interested in a plaque please.
Thanks!

Davidbolam
22nd November 2014, 09:29 PM

I've been dreaming so many times of the day I will add my name and car to this list, and now it is reality. I still can't believe it!

I've got my plate number, and will receive the number plates shortly. I'm going to get a road insurance first thing on Monday.

Now I just have to be patient and wait until April or May to really enjoy the Roadster: temperatures here are bellow zero now, and it looks like first snow is coming next week.

Congratulations on your completion! Once you take it for spins and get used to it you will be amazed at how rapid you can make them move!

David

Davidbolam
22nd November 2014, 09:30 PM
Yes, and I forgot: if Slimtater sees this, I'm also interested in a plaque please.
Thanks!

Slim tater I would like to buy the plaque as well

David

CTWV50
23rd November 2014, 11:36 AM

Well done Sylvain, hopefully I'll be joining you on the starting grid come spring. :D

slimtater
27th November 2014, 08:37 PM
Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

Where are these now:

028 Ayjay-1.8 CVH-IVA passed 28/8/2013 PAYMENT RECEIVED - READY TO POST
035 SeriesLandy 1.8 Pinto IVA 6-6-14 OTR 1-7-14 PAYMENT RECEIVED - READY TO POST

I only have up to 40 so sorry voucht, this looks like the first for batch 2.

I will reply back to those who have PMd me with details.

I will need name and postal address, plaque number and I will then provide the PayPal and in receipt of the £2.50 (UK only) I will start posting out again.

voucht
28th November 2014, 05:46 AM
I only have up to 40 so sorry voucht, this looks like the first for batch 2.

Lucky me! I knew I my built took one month too long :)

Honestly, it is not a big deal at all, I think it is kind of cool to have a plaque, but it is not like I'm going to die if I don't have one!

So if you start another batch, I'm in, but there's no hurry. If I need to pay anything in advance, please let me know.

Thank you very much.

But appart from the plaque business, I still want to show in the list as number 041 ;), so I think this is the last updated list:

005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013
041 Voucht (Sylvain) - 2.0i DOHC - Swedish Registration Inspection passed on 21/11/2014 in Växjö (Sweden)

slimtater
2nd December 2014, 07:21 PM
Had a few more PMs so got a batch ready to post now. Thanks!

Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

Where are these now:

028 Ayjay-1.8 CVH-IVA passed 28/8/2013 - PLAQUE POSTED
031 K4KEV- Nissan CA18DET_1.8 turbo pass 14.11.13 - PLAQUE POSTED
033 Davedew - 1.6 CVH, Bike Carbs, Megajolt - IVA passed 09/04/14 - On the road 02/05/14 - PLAQUE POSTED
035 SeriesLandy 1.8 Pinto IVA 6-6-14 OTR 1-7-14 - PLAQUE POSTED
038 DavidBolam - On the road 24-09-2014. 1.6 Mazda MX5 - PLAQUE POSTED

For another batch...

slimtater
4th December 2014, 09:35 PM
Posted 5 plaques today first class - thanks for payment folks! :D

CTWV50
18th March 2015, 10:02 PM
Had a few more PMs so got a batch ready to post now. Thanks!

Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

Where are these now:

033 Davedew - 1.6 CVH, Bike Carbs, Megajolt - IVA passed 09/04/14 - On the road 02/05/14 - PLAQUE POSTED

For another batch...

042 CTWV50 (Chris) - 1.6 mx5 donor - IVA passed 17/03/15

mgglep
4th May 2015, 11:05 PM
Mine is now done how do I get a plaque please number 43
Pinto on bike carbs

Rosco
12th January 2016, 10:23 PM
Are the build plaques still available?

voucht
13th January 2016, 08:42 AM
mgglep and Rosco, I think you should add your names and number (after IVA passed) to the last updated list (see previous page) by "quoting" the list and adding your details after the mention "For another batch..."

Slimtater is the one who did the first plaques but he had only 40. I'm number 41, so I couldn't get one, and so far, he hasn't done a new batch. Might be time to start one?

Slimtater, if you read this, can you let us know if it is possible?

Thank you.

metal matt
13th January 2016, 12:21 PM
I would be in for a build plaque hoping to have it on the road by the end of April

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124541083@N02/

https://haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13262

MrFozzieBear
13th January 2016, 03:08 PM
I never knew about this page.

I'll add mine to the list and tidy it up a bit..

Copied from previous post:

Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

Where are these now:

For another batch...
043 MggleP Pinto on bike carbs Date?? April/May 2015?
044 MrFozzieBear Ford 1.8 CVH IVA Passed 19th June 2015

Rosco
13th January 2016, 07:33 PM
Do you have a picture of the plaques?

MrFozzieBear
13th January 2016, 09:29 PM
Do you have a picture of the plaques?
Page 7 has a picture.
I don't think I'd fit one to my car but would like one for my Build folder.

Cheers.

slimtater
21st March 2016, 08:51 PM
Its been a while - found these during a tidy up:

http://thumbsnap.com/i/Khf8QS29.jpg

Never did get uptake for the outstanding ones so won't be doing any more I am afraid.

Picture of mine - wonder where it is now?

http://thumbsnap.com/i/LJWCPrnM.jpg

Cropper
20th June 2016, 10:51 PM

Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

Where are these now:

For another batch...
044 MrFozzieBear Ford 1.8 CVH IVA Passed 19th June 201
045 Cropps (Cropper) 1.8 MX5 based IVA passed 17 June 2016

Just added myself to the list

metal matt
21st June 2016, 07:52 AM
Smile

Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

Where are these now:

For another batch...
046 Metal matt 1.8 mx5 (wanting a turbo) IVA passed 15/04/16

Just added myself to the list

Rosco
21st June 2016, 08:23 AM

Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

Where are these now:

For another batch...
047 Rosco ZX10R Sierra Based IVA passed 17 June 2016

garyt
21st June 2016, 12:42 PM

Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

Where are these now:

For another batch...
048 Garyt 1.8 mx5 supercharged, IVA passed 24/03/16

jps
20th August 2016, 08:12 PM
Sorry - prob posted in wrong place...

Ianr
5th October 2016, 10:03 PM

Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - May 2013

Where are these now:

For another batch...
049 Ian R 1.6 MX5 based IVA passed 3/10/16

mgglep
30th October 2016, 07:29 PM
I would like a plaque when you get them sorted many tjanks

voucht
31st October 2016, 07:33 AM
if you look one page back, slimtater said that he will not do another batch ( 21st March 2016, 09:51 PM).

So unless someone here has the facility or contact to make or order another batch of these plaques and takes over the job of following the completed cars, we will never get ours I'm afraid.

Anyone ?

alga
7th November 2016, 12:50 AM
My engine info was lost at some point, so here it is:

Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
023 alga - Silvertop Zetec 2.0 - May 2013

Where are these now:

For another batch...

Bonzo
20th January 2017, 10:50 AM
Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10

Where are these now:

For another batch...
050 Charliec 1.6 MX5 based (on ITBs) IVA passed 10/01/17

Ianr
19th April 2017, 08:52 AM
Not tried posting pictures so hope this works.
I got a plaque for my car made by a local shoe repair shop and it should appear below. Now I'm not sure where to put it. On the dashboard, the rear panel of the car or under the bonnet, decisions, decisions.

PS It cost me £5 , the guy who did it says if anyone else wants one he will bring the price down in line with numbers ordered, probably around £3.50

voucht
19th April 2017, 11:05 AM
Hi Ian,
I'm interested in getting one for my car: number 041
I'll pay for the P&P to France of course.
Thanks.

garyt
19th April 2017, 11:26 AM
Hi Ian yes put me down for one to
Thanks Gary

Ianr
19th April 2017, 11:32 AM
Ok Sylvian - I'll see if anyone else wants one and try for a multiple order. No problems posting it to France. I should add that the plaque is 75mm x 40mm, it is of plastic construction, the finish is a brushed chrome with black letters cut into it and comes with a sticky tape back to be glued onto a flat surface.
Ian

Ianr
19th April 2017, 11:35 AM
Gary - just spotted your message, I'll get your number off the list and get one made for you as well
Ian

garyt
19th April 2017, 02:47 PM
Thanks and just let me know the final cost and how to pay you
Gary

voucht
19th April 2017, 04:38 PM
Ok Sylvian - I'll see if anyone else wants one and try for a multiple order. No problems posting it to France. I should add that the plaque is 75mm x 40mm, it is of plastic construction, the finish is a brushed chrome with black letters cut into it and comes with a sticky tape back to be glued onto a flat surface.
Ian

Thank you Ian. When ever you want/can, I'm not in a hurry at all.
Just let me know, when you have the plaque, how much it is with shipment cost, and how I can transfer you the money.
Dimensions and detail of the plaque look perfect to me :)
Thanks!

Cropper
20th April 2017, 09:14 AM
Hi Ian

I would like one also, Cropps no 45, just let me know the cost & hoew you would like it sent.
Many Thanks
Neil

Ianr
20th April 2017, 09:59 AM
Ok Neil - I pop into town and sort all three out in the next day or so.

If it suits everyone paypal will be fine - I'll send a pm when I know exact costs
Ian

Ianr
26th April 2017, 06:20 PM
Hi guys - the plaques will be ready for me to pick up on Friday. Can those of you who have ordered them please pm me your address, I hope to get them posted late Friday and will pm you the cost afterwards.
Ian

Ianr
28th April 2017, 12:57 PM
Plaques posted today am pm's re payment details sent.

If anyone else does want one they will cost £4.00 plus the cost of a first class stamp

garyt
29th April 2017, 06:20 PM
Plaque arrived today, well chuffed thanks for sorting it out, payment sent this morning
Regards Gary

Ianr
29th April 2017, 09:07 PM
Glad you like it and thanks to all of you for such prompt payment, hope you all like the plaques - put mine on the transmission tunnel in the end, anyone who looks into the car when I am not there will at least know what it is :-)

james3004
20th June 2017, 10:15 PM
Think I may be number 51?

skov
21st June 2017, 06:11 AM

Don't tell me you've finished it :eek:

voucht
21st June 2017, 08:15 AM

Hi!
First, congratulations!
If you are number 51, could you please copy the last updated list of the completed cars (last one on page 22 of this thread), and paste it on a new post, with your build number (051), name and/or pseudo, and IVA pass date?
So the list can go on.
Thank you :)

james3004
21st June 2017, 08:49 AM
Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10

Where are these now:

For another batch...
051 james3004 1.8 zetec turbo Sierra based IVA passed 20/06/17

BenBrooks
26th October 2017, 03:38 PM
A long time since I've posted on this forum. But very pleased to say my car is finished! IVA passed (on second attempt) yesterday at Southampton :).

So, I believe I may be car number 52?

Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10

Where are these now:

For another batch...
052 benbrooks 1600 Crossflow Sierra based IVA passed 25/10/17

Ianr
26th October 2017, 09:15 PM
Congratulations Ben on your IVA pass, it's a real achievement.
Now the fun really starts :)

BenBrooks
26th October 2017, 10:31 PM
Congratulations Ben on your IVA pass, it's a real achievement.
Now the fun really starts :)

Do you mean filling in all these forms for the DVLA?! ;)

voucht
27th October 2017, 04:56 AM
Congratulations Ben!
Good to see another Sierra based Roadster :)
Do you have any pictures of the finished car you could share with us? (but perhaps in a new thread)
Thank you!

MikeB
7th February 2018, 01:14 PM
Just applied for my IVA so hopefully will be needing one during March:)

jason 82
7th February 2018, 02:53 PM
Good luck !

MikeB
3rd May 2018, 10:25 PM
Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10

Where are these now:

For another batch...
052 benbrooks 1600 Crossflow Sierra based IVA passed 25/10/17
053 mikeb 1.8 CVH Sierra based IVA passed 3/5/18

BenBrooks
19th February 2019, 05:42 PM
Updating car number 52

Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10

Where are these now:

For another batch...
052 benbrooks 1600 Crossflow Sierra based IVA passed 25/10/17 - upgrading to 2.0l Duratec

TheArf
6th April 2019, 04:36 PM
054 The Arf, Sierra based 2.0ltr pinto on twin 45's Passed in October 2018 registered and on the road November 2018

twinturbo
19th April 2019, 06:43 AM
wonder how many extra there are that never posted on here...

rpjg1975
20th April 2019, 11:07 AM
wonder how many extra there are that never posted on here...

Not mine!!! Nowhere near :D

swanntech
13th June 2019, 08:55 PM
how many roadsters around York ?

swanntech
13th June 2019, 08:56 PM
how many roadsters around York ?

rolsty
15th July 2019, 01:55 PM
Passed Iva today so does that make me number 55 ?
1.8 mx5 Haynes roadster 👍

Ianr
16th July 2019, 09:13 AM
Already have plaques:
005-Spud69-
012-mark-???????-?/5/10

Where are these now:

For another batch...
052 benbrooks 1600 Crossflow Sierra based IVA passed 25/10/17 - upgrading to 2.0l Duratec
054 The Arf, Sierra based 2.0ltr pinto on twin 45's Passed in October 2018 registered and on the road November 2018
055 Rolsty 1.8 mx5 Haynes roadster

Updated :)