PDA

View Full Version : CVH Engine height

Jeze2903
4th September 2009, 06:43 PM
I'm planning on fitting my 1.8 CVH engine & gearbox in the morning, as i've run out of garage space and fed up with trippin over the engine:mad: ! As yet I don't have the scuttle or nosecone so I cant trial fit them.

Does anyone know the maximum height the engine can protrude above BR8/9Will this be governed by the centre of the diff to BR8/9, which is around 100mm?

Also how far from BR7 is the crank pulley, I've read 95mm?
Be most grateful for any ideas :)

HandyAndy
4th September 2009, 06:50 PM
I'm planning on fitting my 1.8 CVH engine & gearbox in the morning, as i've run out of garage space and fed up with trippin over the engine:mad: ! As yet I don't have the scuttle or nosecone so I cant trial fit them.

Does anyone know the maximum height the engine can protrude above BR8/9Will this be governed by the centre of the diff to BR8/9, which is around 100mm?

Also how far from BR7 is the crank pulley, I've read 95mm?
Be most grateful for any ideas :)

Hi mate, i haven,t got the book with me but have a look at the thread "Big Day" (last page of the chassis section) as there are some photos of my engine install & i,m also using the 1.8cvh engine,
the 95mm from Br7 sounds famiiar too.
cheers
andy

Jeze2903
4th September 2009, 09:00 PM
Hiya, thanks for that..it's helped a lot. Looks like a neat build :)

HandyAndy
4th September 2009, 09:08 PM
no prob, & thanks for the kind words.
i have lots of pics of the engine / gearbox position, shout if you want anymore.
good luck with your engine install tomorrow.

andy:)