PDA

View Full Version : Been for a drive!

Neil P
7th September 2009, 11:08 PM
I finally have my car on the road and have been able to go for a spin. :)

Drove reasonably okay but needs the steering and suspension setting up and a coat of paint to pretty it up as I rushed it in to catch the SVA cut-off date.

Passed SVA on 16th July and finally got it registered on 4th September, DVLA are a joke! They made a huge fuss about issuing me an age related plate (which they did eventually) even though I told them I didn't care what they gave me. Nearly two months of wasted insurance cover and some nice driving days lost.

Anyway, because it had been going on so long they let me go in and pick up the disc etc. They seem to have forgotten to charge me the first registration fee but I will bet it won't take them long to sort recovery of that out!

Looking forward to the fettling now. Nice set of wheels and tyres to start with, I think.

Neil

HandyAndy
7th September 2009, 11:22 PM
nice one Neil, bet it felt great driving it instead of looking at it :cool:

any piccies? (on the road i mean)

andy

Neil P
7th September 2009, 11:27 PM
I'll post some up over the next few days. It's not that pretty at the moment, it needs some paint.

I suppose it looks good in a white, silver, black and yellow kind of way. :o

Neil

HandyAndy
7th September 2009, 11:40 PM
still a great achievement to be on the road, :cool:
look forward to the pics,
well done & congrats

andy:)

AshG
7th September 2009, 11:43 PM
well done i was waiting for this post to appear after you engine disaster on your way home. didnt take you too long to fix it i hope

jasongray5
8th September 2009, 12:02 AM
Congrats matey! Nice to hear you finally made it onto the road

slimtater
8th September 2009, 09:09 AM
Well done - that could one of the first 10? Make sure you update the details on the completed car list ;-)

Bonzo
8th September 2009, 09:22 AM
Congratulations Neil :) :)

You must be chuffed with you achievement.

Heres to many miles of fun, fun, fun :cool:

Neil P
8th September 2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks all. I'm going to really show off now and go out in it again tonight!!:cool: