PDA

View Full Version : Camber adjuster Bolt, Jig

peter2482
14th September 2009, 09:29 PM
made this today as an alternative to the jig in the book, just thought i would share it with you guys, will be converting all the jigs to sheet metal, find it easier this way, as im new to all this fabrication stuff.
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad60/peter2482/Roadster/CamberAdjusterJig1.jpg[/IMG]

RAYLEE29
14th September 2009, 10:23 PM
Thats a very nice jig :)
you wouldnt believe what mine looked like
Ray:)

Talonmotorsport
15th September 2009, 09:36 AM
New to fabrication, is that why this looks like it's been punched on a an Aries and bent on a promecam? Nice work there fella.

AshG
15th September 2009, 09:45 AM
workbench gives it away too. well used comes to mind :D

Homersdouble
15th September 2009, 10:06 AM
With a nice jig like that you must be able to make the adjusters in no time (ie cheap) .........I'll take 2 off you !:D :D

peter2482
15th September 2009, 12:01 PM
by new to fabrication i meant to welding bits of metal together and making things, i do the programming etc for the punch now, but used to work the pressbrake, plasma and punch, picked up a welder for the first time about 2 weeks ago,
It was punched on a trumpf punch and folded on an lvd pressbrake,
thanks for the comments though, :D

AshG
15th September 2009, 09:53 PM
you could make some money producing those. i would certainly buy one off you.

peter2482
15th September 2009, 10:02 PM
you could make some money producing those. i would certainly buy one off you.

really, hadnt thought of selling them, didnt think they would be worth a lot, and figured people would rather make their own. i can sell you one if you like. :D

Land Locked
16th September 2009, 03:36 AM
really, hadnt thought of selling them, didnt think they would be worth a lot, and figured people would rather make their own. i can sell you one if you like. :D

In the last few days I've had 2 friends ask if they can build their cars in my space:o (If I clear out all the rubbish I have space to park 5 cars under roof behind lock n key). I think a few good jigs would come in handy, so please post a price. Sadly I think postage to Sarf Efrika will kill it for me:eek:

peter2482
16th September 2009, 07:38 PM
In the last few days I've had 2 friends ask if they can build their cars in my space:o (If I clear out all the rubbish I have space to park 5 cars under roof behind lock n key). I think a few good jigs would come in handy, so please post a price. Sadly I think postage to Sarf Efrika will kill it for me:eek:

sent you a pm cheers