PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump Location

bumble
20th September 2009, 10:29 AM
Hi all.....new to this site. Building a Martin Keenan built Chassis / Locost with Zetec and R6 TB's. I have an Alloy Racing Fabrications sumped and baffled tank, Sytec Fuel Filter and Bosch HP Pump. Would like to mount these at rear of car but can't see an obvious way of doing this. Would appreciate any advice and pics of what others have done.
Thanks,
Matt

flyerncle
20th September 2009, 06:12 PM
Vauxhall's have the filter and pump mounted on a plate together supported on some small rubber bobbins, I personally would do something along the same lines near the swirl pot/sump outlet of the fuel tank. If you use a Bosch filter from something like a Golf Gti you can use the banjo type unions and get it all fairly close together and mount the pump in some rubbers too as it will vibrate if bolted down solid.

Good Luck.

Spikehaus
20th September 2009, 09:27 PM
Hey good choice! I received my tank on Thursday from ARD. So what engine are you running? You seem to have an identical sent up too me! will post a picture this week. I need to purchase a Bosch HP pump next.

One comment to make? I got the tank made to the book size, but it don't fit? Has anyone else had this problem??? If does however fit perfectly above the diff. Will this cause a problem with the injection return?

Hi all.....new to this site. Building a Martin Keenan built Chassis / Locost with Zetec and R6 TB's. I have an Alloy Racing Fabrications sumped and baffled tank, Sytec Fuel Filter and Bosch HP Pump. Would like to mount these at rear of car but can't see an obvious way of doing this. Would appreciate any advice and pics of what others have done.
Thanks,
Matt

AshG
20th September 2009, 09:37 PM
spike your alive :D

it wont make a difference on the return as it will be under plenty of pressure.

Spikehaus
21st September 2009, 07:07 AM
Ash,

Its been horrible! Almost two months with very little progress. However, I have not wasted all that time. I have been on the net collecting all the bits I need to help make a big leap in my build. I have just ordered my shocks, fuel tank etc has arrived. So I want the engine running by xmas! Still, at least now when I come home after a busy day in the workshop I have a chance of dinner on the table. Hehe. What is the date of the next show? Will I make it on time or have to toe it 200 miles?

spike your alive :D

it wont make a difference on the return as it will be under plenty of pressure.