PDA

View Full Version : Couple of inportant things i found out today

Tilly819
20th September 2009, 08:46 PM
Hi all

Couple of quick things i thought id better make peope aware of that i found out today

1 fuel cap contary to popular belife it does not have to be opened by the ignition key it ither has to be tethered as we all now or be operated by a key that remeines in the lock wile the cap is off then said key can just be on the same key ring as the ignition key

2 side repeaters have to be mounted in the cycle wings..... i missed this one wilst reading the manual and luckaly comented on a set on a robbin hood today and was told they are compulsary for iva

Hope this helps
apoligies if you are already aware of all this.
and sorry for the spelling also

Tilly

AshG
20th September 2009, 09:43 PM
fuel cap i agree on the indicator bit as far as i am aware is complete tosh, unless someone wants to prove me wrong and point it out in the iva manual.

londonsean69
20th September 2009, 10:17 PM
It's tosh

Copied from IVA manual;

MAX DISTANCE FROM SIDE (mm)
400 (Min separation 500 unless vehicle width is less than 1400, where Min separation 400) see note 6 below

MAX HEIGHT (mm)
1500 or if impracticable 2300 for side direction indicators and 2100 for front and rear direction indicators

MIN HEIGHT (mm)

ANGLES OF VISIBILITY
a. Horizontal
i. 800 outwards 450 inwards.
ii. (SIDE REPEATER) To the rear between 50 and 600 outboard.
b. Vertical
i. < 750mm above the ground 150 above and 50 below horizontal.
ii. Otherwise 150 above and below horizontal.

Thats the IVA manual Revision: 1 Date: 27/03/2009/* although i accept it may have be re-issued , it's the latest version I could find

from MEV - http://www.mevltd.co.uk/downloads.html

Sean

Chris Gibbs
20th September 2009, 10:23 PM
I went to the IVA launch meet and there was no mention of the side repeaters needing to be in the cycle wings, in fact the SVA and IVA are virtually word for word in the manuals.

Cheers

Chris :)

davidimurray
20th September 2009, 10:30 PM
Extract regarding fuel fillers -

Any fuel filler neck or vent must not allow spilt fuel to be able to fall onto the exhaust system.
Fuel tank filling points must not be located in the passenger compartment, luggage compartment or within an engine compartment.
A fuel filler cap must positively locate to the filler neck and incorporate an adequate sealing arrangement so that a fuel leak is not possible.
The fuel filler cap must either be tethered to the vehicle or be of a lockable type where the key can only be removed when the cap is locked or an automatically opening and closing, non-removable fuel filler cap

londonsean69
20th September 2009, 10:41 PM
The latest version I know of is here

http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/vehicledealershipsandimporters/isocertificationandtypeapproval/individualvehicleapprovalinspectionmanuals.htm

Adrian

No change for the side repeaters then from the earlier manual.

Kind of scary, you would hope that a kit manufacturer would be providing a link to the latest version.

Sean

axle
3rd November 2009, 01:24 PM
Hi
You have certainly done a lot of research, one last Q. Do you think the Monza type of cap which is only 1" tall with no sharp edges will be OK for IVA ?

Extract regarding fuel fillers -

Any fuel filler neck or vent must not allow spilt fuel to be able to fall onto the exhaust system.
Fuel tank filling points must not be located in the passenger compartment, luggage compartment or within an engine compartment.
A fuel filler cap must positively locate to the filler neck and incorporate an adequate sealing arrangement so that a fuel leak is not possible.
The fuel filler cap must either be tethered to the vehicle or be of a lockable type where the key can only be removed when the cap is locked or an automatically opening and closing, non-removable fuel filler cap