PDA

View Full Version : Seat Back Query CP10/SB4??

rpjg1975
23rd September 2009, 06:06 PM
Having built up the seat back a while ago, I have now got all my chassis plates and found that the CP10's don't fit where they should?

According to the book diagrams they seem to be positioned at rear edge of each SB4 but when I measure the length of SB4 they are too short. Looking at the book SB4 is 269mm at the front edge and the CP10's are 268mm long which is too long to go at the back. Obviously they would fit at the front but that isn't what I can see has to be done.

Is it just a case of altering the length of the CP10's to fit or am I missing something? Chassis kit came from Armoto and Chassis plates from 3Ge and all seem to be correct sizes so I am a little foxed!!

Help!!!

dogwood
23rd September 2009, 06:44 PM
Hmmmmmm....
Your right.

The CP10 has to go at the back of SP4 so you can get the nuts that hold the diff bracket on.

I think I would shorten the CP10 to fit.
But better wait for Chris to confirm this.

David

HandyAndy
23rd September 2009, 06:49 PM
the CP10 plates really do need to sit right on the back edge of SB4,s, , i suggest trial fitting using the diff hanging plates DS2,s,
if you need to take 1mm off then i don,t think its a major prob, but trial fitting of the diff hanging plates will help put your mind at ease, i remember i had to file mine down a smidge.

hope that helps.

andy

Matthew
23rd September 2009, 08:57 PM
I think Chris answered this a while ago with something along the lines of they need to be a really good fit, and have to be chamfered so are slightly oversized.

I got mine from 3GE too, and definitely had to file them down a bit.

Matt

rpjg1975
28th September 2009, 04:05 PM
All sorted... looks right :)

squbti
28th September 2009, 08:46 PM
i went ahead & made min to fit , should be just fine as long as i make the diff brackets to fitt , it was only 1mm or so no big deal.
cheers

Jezzer99
28th September 2009, 09:26 PM
Yes, I think I had a similar issue and had a response from Chris on it - I think I posted a response (pre-forum issues) which highlighted the exact dimensional challenge.

The solution is to fettle them down but make sure they are as snug as possible.

londonsean69
30th September 2009, 10:43 AM
Silly question, and I don't have the book in front of me.

Which way up to the CP10 brackets go?

The holes are different distances from the ends of the plate, so which one is 'up'??

Cheers

Sean

ozzy1
30th September 2009, 12:00 PM
one hole is 25mm from the end,this is the bottom,the other is 31mm from the end this is the top.

londonsean69
30th September 2009, 10:24 PM
Cheers

Made the plates tonight and they are a very nice fit, even if I say so myself.

Will get tacked in on Friday

Thanks for the help guys

Sean