PDA

View Full Version : speedo cable

HandyAndy
24th September 2009, 09:35 PM
working on my speedo cable today, it seems a mighty tight bend in the cable once its attached to the gearbox with the circlip :eek:
i know there are angled devices available so that the cable runs straight but these seem very expensive for what they are,

so ..... what have others done?

a thought i had was to run the cable from where it connects onto the gearbox then in to the cockpit area along BR11 & BR4 then up behind the steering column to the instrument pod, would this be acceptable or should i just accept the tight bend within the transmission tunnel route?

your idea,s / advice please.

cheers
andy:)

frankie boy
24th September 2009, 10:48 PM
Hi
I would bite the pullet and get the angle drive. The tight bend will wear and soon be noisey.

HandyAndy
24th September 2009, 10:55 PM
ok thanks Frank, being honest with myself i think thats the best way forward, its just in my nature to look for a locost option first :o :D

cheers
andy:)

dogwood
24th September 2009, 11:18 PM
I just bent mine round
I did releive the alloy a bit (Ie big hammer).
So as to give a bulge in the side panel
where the cable touches
I've done about 3000 miles now with no probs

I suppose you want a picture now ......:rolleyes: :D

David

HandyAndy
24th September 2009, 11:36 PM
I suppose you want a picture now ...... :D

David

:D :D David... you,ve just had me laughing out loud with that comment above, so much so all the dogs have jumped up & are looking at me as if saying " whats up with you"??? :D

nah its ok, i get the idea, as i spent some time on it this afternoon wondering what would be a locost solution, tho didn,t think of the big hammer !!!

andy

gus
20th October 2009, 06:00 PM
Don't mean to hijack this thread but what route have people been using for the speedo cable?

My gauges will be similar to spud69 with them being in the middle of the dash. Cable seems really long, you could nearly go around the engine bay with it!!

Any advice appreciated.

Mark

dogwood
20th October 2009, 06:33 PM
Cable seems really long, you could nearly go around the engine bay with it!!
Mark

Yup your right.

Twice round the deck once round your neck and you your A** as a stopper..:eek:

David