PDA

View Full Version : what a great day

HandyAndy
25th September 2009, 06:03 PM
as per the title, i,ve had a great day thanks to Spud69,
he took me out in his car on a track day at Teesside autodrome & wow was his car handling like a dream :eek: :cool: it was amazing the grip & control the car had going thru the bends etc, no body roll just totally planted, i,m still grinning like a madman, Spuds car was fantastic, i also went out in a MK fitted with a kwack 1400 engine, yes it was slightly quicker but not as planted in the corners as Spud,s, still very nice tho.

today has really spurred me on to get my car finished asap :D

Spud... if you read this then a BIG thankyou for a great day:cool:

cheers
andy

peter2482
25th September 2009, 07:23 PM
sounds like you had a good time, i love to get a ride in one, but dont know any one that has one, :( still mine should be read in a year..... i hope

HandyAndy
25th September 2009, 07:44 PM
yes it was great fun, when you drive a van everyday like i do, you really do notice how little roll the Roadster has in the corners, its like its on rails, tho it did break away at one point & Spud controlled a great power slide :D

andy

peter2482
25th September 2009, 07:59 PM
if it holds the road as well as my old impreza ill be a very happy boy.lol :D

HandyAndy
25th September 2009, 08:02 PM
if it holds the road as well as my old impreza ill be a very happy boy.lol :D

well there was some nice saloon cars there that were tracked prep,d & they are no match for the 7 style cars in the corners;)

at times they were holding us up :D

andy

spud69
25th September 2009, 08:34 PM
well there was some nice saloon cars there that were tracked prep,d & they are no match for the 7 style cars in the corners;)

at times they were holding us up :D

andy

You've hit the nail on the head there Andy, my car is lacking power at the minute (very lumpy since i fitted free flow exhaust and is getting carbs setup again in a couple of weeks) so we couldn't sprint past cars on the straights so much but all cars where holding us up in the corners even other 7's.

An excellently designed car and beautiful to handle Chris,,,,,Well Done and Thanks..;)

Andy

HandyAndy
25th September 2009, 08:48 PM
and all credit to you Spud for building such a great Roadster, i,m still amazed how well your car handles :cool:
& as for late braking into the bottom loop :eek: you best check the foot plate in the passenger footwell cos my feet were firmly wedged into it :D

thanks again for a great day.

cheers
andy:)

spud69
25th September 2009, 09:05 PM
and all credit to you Spud for building such a great Roadster, i,m still amazed how well your car handles :cool:
& as for late braking into the bottom loop :eek: you best check the foot plate in the passenger footwell cos my feet were firmly wedged into it :D

thanks again for a great day.

cheers
andy:)

Yes, it's most exhilerating at 100mph leaving it so late breaking before a long radius hairpin. Reckon it would have gone further though, if there was a gravel trap or longer run off i would have gone for it.

All this with only standard sierra front discs and rear drums, no overheating or fade at all. No need to spend hundreds on new discs all round, unless you have rakes of money.

HandyAndy
25th September 2009, 09:10 PM
well i,m looking forward to being on track with you when my own car is finished, i might attach a tow rope to the back of your car, as its the only way i,ll keep up with you :D :cool:

cheers
andy

fabbyglass
25th September 2009, 10:14 PM
well i,m looking forward to being on track with you when my own car is finished, i might attach a tow rope to the back of your car, as its the only way i,ll keep up with you :D :cool:

cheers
andy

Nitrous will add a wee bit of go forwardness.....;)

HandyAndy
25th September 2009, 10:20 PM
Nitrous will add a wee bit of go forwardness.....;)

funny you should say that Mark, as this was part of a conversation Spud & i had today :D something to do with a little switch on Spuds tranny tunnel ;)

i kidd you not , but alas it was the brake fluid warning switch tell tale :D

andy