PDA

View Full Version : Flexy brake pipes and rear drums ??

jasongray5
28th September 2009, 11:54 AM
Whats everyone else done with the above?:confused:

I haven't bought any flexy hoses yet, but looking at it, clearance is going to be tight where is goes into the slave cylinder.

Has anyone got picture of what they did? or are doing?

Cheers Jas Gray

AshG
28th September 2009, 12:41 PM
you need to do it like this

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/ashgardiner/P1020669.jpg

jasongray5
28th September 2009, 02:28 PM
Cheers Ash!

If I remember correctly, didnt you get those fittings from Rally Designs? If so, would you mind telling me what I will need and how many of each! as I want to try and sort out the brakes this week?

Cheers mate

Jas

AshG
28th September 2009, 03:16 PM
8 m10 flexi brake pipe ends. http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=85_248_249&products_id=1520

8 bulk head lock nuts
3m braided tube

the lock nuts dont seem to be listed on the site and i cant remember which size braided tube you need. i will have a look on my invoice tonight for the part codes.

for the fixed lines you will need the following. you can get it all from cbs or most local motorfactors. i already had all the below so dont have part codes. i have plenty of male m10 ends left as i got a box of 50. if you want a few give me a shout.

roll of copper tube
11 normal m10 male ends
6 m10 female ends
2 m10 t pieces
1 m10 Brake pressure sensor

if you need any more info just ask

RAYLEE29
28th September 2009, 03:35 PM
hi, how come you need two tees is one for the brake pressure switch or is it something else?
Ray:)

jasongray5
28th September 2009, 04:14 PM
hi, how come you need two tees is one for the brake pressure switch or is it something else?
Ray:)

I think thats what its for Ray!

flyerncle
28th September 2009, 05:14 PM
One "tee's " the rear brakes L/R .The other contains the switch.

AshG
28th September 2009, 05:45 PM
one for the rear split to left and right and the other for the brake pressure switch.

you can get away with one t piece on the rear if you use a mechanical brake light switch on the brake pedal.

frankie boy
28th September 2009, 08:57 PM
Hi Ash
Nice pic. That all looks very tidy. Looking for would to seeing the finished build.
Frank

AshG
28th September 2009, 09:03 PM
come to exeter show :D she will be in the main hall. should be finished minus painted side pannels and iva

im going to rent a trailer to take it down unless i can find someone willing to loan me one for a weekend. hopefully i can have a little testdrive round the show ground friday night :D

frankie boy
28th September 2009, 09:48 PM
Hi Ash
Rent a lond wheel base luton. You can get the car in it and sleep. Took my car to stoneleigh 2007 in one. have been thinking of going to exeter this year.

jasongray5
28th September 2009, 10:51 PM
Ash, Why is it that 8 bulk head lock nuts are needed for the flexi hoses?
I can count one for each front brake where it connects to the chassis, then 2 for each rear wheel, one for the chassis, one for the upright?

Cheers mate?

Bonzo
28th September 2009, 11:18 PM
have been thinking of going to exeter this year.

Please try too Frank, it would be great to meet again :) :)

I'll be going as this is my local one :D

AshG
28th September 2009, 11:37 PM
well spoted. you actually need 6. i just got 8 as i wasnt thinking at the time of purchase. i used the extra 2 on the front calipers just finger tight to cover the excess thread.

AshG
28th September 2009, 11:39 PM
http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/ashgardiner/P1020898.jpg

HandyAndy
28th September 2009, 11:45 PM
Ash, thanks for the info in this thread & great pics, makes it alot easier to work it out, ( for me anyway :o ).

cheers
andy

jasongray5
29th September 2009, 12:14 AM
Ideal, cheers Ash!

Will probably do the same, as yours looks very neat the way it is.

Like Andy says, very usefull and little thread this for all, so thanks again mate for the piccys and info!:cool:

Jas

AshG
29th September 2009, 12:30 AM
your making me blush :D

happy to help.

frankie boy
29th September 2009, 07:48 AM
HI Ash
Looking at the photo of the front wish bone in my experience the hole for the brake flex will need to be bigger.:eek: Its not to touch the body even with the rubber. You could bolt one end to the body panel keeping it a neater look.

Land Locked
29th September 2009, 08:14 AM
Ash, your photo's are first class.

It's not often that a builder consistently takes clear photo's that show exactly what the photographer is trying to convey.