PDA

View Full Version : Kit Car Services - turning and more....

flak monkey
29th September 2009, 06:01 PM
Hi,

A few of you may know me from Locostbuilders, but thought I would introduce myself here too. After building my own kit car I realised how easy it would make some jobs if everyone had access to machinery, specifically turning. So I thought I would offer this service (and others) to fellow builders.

My website is http://kitcarservices.co.uk which outlines most of what I can offer, but if you are after help with something which isn't listed, get in touch and I can probably help out.

These services basically include:

Turning (up to 19" diameter) - this could be anything from suspension spacers to custom hubs (some examples below).
Electrical and electronics work
Donor part reconditioning (including type 9 gearbox rebuilds at competitive prices)
Throttle body respacing (including fuel rails)
CAD work
Laser cutting of custom and 1 off parts

and all sorts of other things.

Prices will be given on a job by job basis.

Some examples of turning (there are pics on my website of some of my work):

* Blanking plugs for throttle bodies
* Bushes made to your requirements (aluminium, brass, nylon, bronze etc)
* Spacers (for suspension, rose joints etc)
* Propshaft spacers - made to your requirements. Properly bossed and recessed to ensure concentricty
* Hubcentric wheel spacers made to your specification
* Camber adjusters to your sizes (for front or rear custom wishbones)
* Threaded tubes for wishbones - with your choice of thread including M18x1.5 for transit track rods)
* Custom aluminium gearknobs
* Indicator stalks
* Custom made aluminium fuel rails, aluminium extrusion, drilled to your requirements for injectors, end tapped 3/8BSPT, ready to fit brackets
* Sierra upright tapered adaptors eccentric or concentric, your choice
* Concentric clutch cylinder spacers to your requirements drilled to suit your application
* Custom alternator pulleys single vee and poly vee
* Custom water pump pulleys as above
* Trigger wheel fitting pinto and crossflow including trigger wheel – laser cut trigger wheels and pulley modified to fit your application. Trigger wheel fitted on turned disc to ensure concentricity
* One off hose joiners
* Custom hubs
* Thread cutting available, both metric and imperial

and much more.

I have also designed and can supply a duratec sump kit in steel for £75 or aluminium for £100. These are a properly baffled unit designed for RWD use and will increase ground clearance by 28mm over the std sump.

jasongray5
29th September 2009, 06:27 PM
Welcome David!

londonsean69
29th September 2009, 06:56 PM
I've not personally used the services, but the reputation that precedes you from LB is one to be proud of

Sean

AshG
29th September 2009, 10:28 PM
welcome to the dark side

evil chuckle

flak monkey
30th September 2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks chaps :)

HandyAndy
30th September 2009, 03:40 PM
sorry for late reply,
welcome to the forum & the very best of luck with your new venture, i know where to come if i need something doing,
all the best

andy