PDA

View Full Version : mini steering rack

georgenewman1
3rd October 2009, 09:15 PM
hi just a note to anyone on the track as me. i was looking through my spares and found a mini steering rack, it was only about 1" too long so i shortened it, fitted it, noked some extentions up, butifull. jump in and lets give it a try i thought, holly S*^"t this thing steers the wrong way, its because the pinion is in the wrong position, so really just a note to say DONT USE A MINI STEERING RACK it doesnt work, cheers

gingea1pom
3rd October 2009, 09:40 PM
I remember when I worked for a corporate hospitality company we had a reverse steer car as one of the events, I got quite good at it to the point I was the only one that would drive it on to the trailer.:cool:

Wouldn’t like to do more than 10mph though:eek:

tazzy5918
16th October 2009, 09:15 PM
hi just a note to anyone on the track as me. i was looking through my spares and found a mini steering rack, it was only about 1" too long so i shortened it, fitted it, noked some extentions up, butifull. jump in and lets give it a try i thought, holly S*^"t this thing steers the wrong way, its because the pinion is in the wrong position, so really just a note to say DONT USE A MINI STEERING RACK it doesnt work, cheers

Don t worry. I did the same thing with an opel corsa steering rack.It happens.Now i use a vw transporter one (a little bit modified). Good luck

Bonzo
16th October 2009, 11:04 PM
Clown steering .......... Cool :cool: :cool: :D :D